York Rugby Union Club

Clifton Park

Shipton Road

York

YO30 5RE

8 pm till 1 am (ish)

Resident DJ's: Tony Hatfield, John Parker, Mark "mad Dog" Dawson

Special Guest DJ: Paul Thomas-Peter

always a really good nite and just sorry we can't make this one .That said guest DJ , 'PTP' has some stunning records and still have fond memories of that blinding set he played , doubling decking with Jo Wallace , at the York charity All dayer . So for those not at Whitby , can't recommend this one enough .

SOUL REPUBLIC. A free WEEKEND OF UNDERGROUND SOUL UNDER THE SUN.PERPIGNAN South Of France. Fri 17th & Sat 18th Of August.Tony Jackson.Andy Bellwood.Paul Rockey.Maria Willingham.Chris Morgan.Chic.Guy Joseph.Les Hare.Raphi 'Scorcher'+ Guests. Cheap, direct budget flights. www.freewebs.com/wesoulrepublic

Guest vinylvixen

Hope we have a good turn-out for Paul's return to the decks .... he will be receiving a PM from me later this week with a few requests wicked.gif

Request 1. Bring some records

Request 2. Speak clearly into the mike

Request 3. Don't play any disco....

laugh.gif:D There you go, Paul. Three requests from me :D:) Anyway, I hear that I could be back in York in November. Request 4. Can you make sure that it's not raining :thumbsup: Oh, and Request 5. Don't play that Little Anthony record wicked.gif Have a brilliant night. Jo

:lol::D There you go, Paul. Three requests from me ;) :thumbsup: Anyway, I hear that I could be back in York in November. Request 4. Can you make sure that it's not raining :rolleyes: Oh, and Request 5. Don't play that Little Anthony record :wicked: Have a brilliant night. Jo

its about time you were back in York -I keep telling them it makes sense .....so lets hope someboby listens

SOUL REPUBLIC. A free WEEKEND OF UNDERGROUND SOUL UNDER THE SUN.PERPIGNAN South Of France. Fri 17th & Sat 18th Of August.Tony Jackson.Andy Bellwood.Paul Rockey.Maria Willingham.Chris Morgan.Chic.Guy Joseph.Les Hare.Raphi 'Scorcher'+ Guests. Cheap, direct budget flights. www.freewebs.com/wesoulrepublic

Edited by YKSoulandy
Guest vinylvixen

its about time you were back in York -I keep telling them it makes sense .....so lets hope someboby listens

:thumbsup: Might be, might be.... :) Could be, could be... biggrin.gif Watch this space. Jo

:rolleyes::ohmy:

Request (2) is ridiculous - Jo, you are the only DJ I have EVER heard speak clearly into a mike laugh.gif Are we discarding ALL our traditions? At York, we even have a table-mounted bell, just like 'Wheeltappers & Shunters' Club'........

There you go, Paul. Three requests from me wink.gif:lol: Anyway, I hear that I could be back in York in November. Request 4. Can you make sure that it's not raining :wub: Oh, and Request 5. Don't play that Little Anthony record :lol: Have a brilliant night. Jo

1. I will try to remember my records :shades:

2. Enunciate! enunciate!

3. .... might do :lol:

4. It will only rain at Wimbledon on Saturday, mind you, a bit of rain might keep the smokers indoors :P

5. :yes: I thought we had agreed never to mention that again :lol: Sold it some time ago anyway.

Really looking forward to Saturday

Thanks

Paul

Guest tony hatfield

1. I will try to remember my records :thumbsup:

2. Enunciate! enunciate!

3. .... might do :(

4. It will only rain at Wimbledon on Saturday, mind you, a bit of rain might keep the smokers indoors :D

5. :ohmy: I thought we had agreed never to mention that again :shades: Sold it some time ago anyway.

Really looking forward to Saturday

Thanks

Paul

Hi paul

Looking forward to Saturday too.if you wanna come over earlier to have a warm up on the decks we will be @ the club for 7.00ish setting up.

Hope to see all the usual suspects :lol::lol::( & a few new faces aswell.

REMEMBER YORK SOUL CLUB this Saturday 7th July, every one's welcome. Across the board music policy.

Tracy

Am coming across the A64 for this one, looking forward to it.

Just hope that my voice has come back in time for it, I seem to have lost it after Brid, I bet some of you are relieved about that :(:thumbsup:

Kx

Am coming across the A64 for this one, looking forward to it.

Just hope that my voice has come back in time for it, I seem to have lost it after Brid, I bet some of you are relieved about that :D :whistling:

Kx

keep missing u Kirsty -typical your at YSC when we can't make it -your gonna a great time -the residents DJs always play some excellent tunes plus there's guest DJ 'PTP' -who has some amazing records and used to be at ones of the mainstays at 'These Old Shoes' London, before relocated north. Still you could always join us at .....

Hi Andy

Funningly enough I was thinking about France last night. My parents rang last night to say that they have just booked to take my little girl to disneyland that weekend. So I had just started to look to see what was on that weekend to have a little break away. My only problem is I have no holidays left at work, but who knows might see you there.

Looking forward to Saturday, shame you cant make it.

Kirstyx

Hi Andy

Funningly enough I was thinking about France last night. My parents rang last night to say that they have just booked to take my little girl to disneyland that weekend. So I had just started to look to see what was on that weekend to have a little break away. My only problem is I have no holidays left at work, but who knows might see you there.

Looking forward to Saturday, shame you cant make it.

Kirstyx

short trip to Perpignan perhaps-early Bmibaby flight direct from Manchester on Sat -soul republic sat session 8pm-4am -flight back sun

Edited by YKSoulandy

Hi paul

Looking forward to Saturday too.if you wanna come over earlier to have a warm up on the decks we will be @ the club for 7.00ish setting up.

Hope to see all the usual suspects laugh.gif:(:( & a few new faces aswell.

REMEMBER YORK SOUL CLUB this Saturday 7th July, every one's welcome. Across the board music policy.

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

I'll try and get across for about 7.30 for a quick practice and find out which buttons do what on the mixer :(

See you Saturday.

Cheers

Paul

Well Tony and Tracey, looks like it's going to be buzzing at your place on Sat night so I'll see you there.

Also get a chance to talk to Paul who I've not spoken to since the All-dayer which is a long time, + other Soul Sourcers such as KirstyM. So I'll see y'all there.

Just as an aside ,it will also be nice to see Paul and the Vinylvixen(Well done Nick for making it happen) back together on November 10th for the YKSoul Charity Soul night at St John's, here in York.

Steve B

Well Tony and Tracey, looks like it's going to be buzzing at your place on Sat night so I'll see you there.

Also get a chance to talk to Paul who I've not spoken to since the All-dayer which is a long time, + other Soul Sourcers such as KirstyM. So I'll see y'all there.

Just as an aside ,it will also be nice to see Paul and the Vinylvixen(Well done Nick for making it happen) back together on November 10th for the YKSoul Charity Soul night at St John's, here in York.

Steve B

My voice is creeping back, so will be able to talk to you :unsure:

Kx

:D:D:D will have camera tommorow night for pics for ysc new web site

Oh good, I can leave mine at home.

Back on top form, the voice is fully functional again, lets hope I dont lose it again tonight yapping :lol::wicked:

See you all later thumbsup.gif

Kx

Back on top form, the voice is fully functional again, lets hope I dont lose it again tonight yapping :lol:whistling.gif

Kx

I don't like the sound of that..........................lol............

Steve B

Him indoors said he much preferred me earlier on in the week :lol::D

Today is dragging & my feet are itching to get out, is it 8 o'clock yet?.

Setting off from deepest North Yorkshire in a few mins, would all you soul-saucers :thumbsup: please say hello tonight. (I'll be the one playing records from about 11 :huh: )

Cheers

Paul

Richard and Trevski are regulars so there should be a few of us there. We might even have Blake and Nicky there as well.

Steve B.

Edited by YKSoulMan