Cynthia Brown - Heaven Must Have Sent You

Guest martinsbox

Guest martinsbox

Cynthia Brown - Heaven must have sent you - Qiana

For sale, one of only a limited few known copies. £5,000. P.M. for details.

The record is in ex+/ Mint- condition. Never been played anywhere in the U.K. except The Paddington in Bedford. A monster waiting to errupt. No offers.

This is a one off 70's monster for the d.j. with taste.

post-2262-1183391969_thumb.jpg

cynthia_brown___heaven_must_have_sent_you.MP3

post-2262-1183391969_thumb.jpg

cynthia_brown___heaven_must_have_sent_you.MP3

Edited by martinsbox
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 55
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

For sale, the only known copy. £5,000. P.M. for details.

The record is in ex+/ Mint- condition. Never been played anywhere in the U.K. except The Paddington in Bedford. A monster waiting to errupt. No offers.

Wow, didn't realise that this was so scarce!

Sure I used to hear this played out fairly regularly, late 80's... at Thorne?

Think Andy Whitmore had it.

Is this his old copy?

Sean

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Is this his old copy?

Sean

Probably, although I got my copy from the Sates years ago!! I have looked for more copies and NEVER found any. I've NEVER seen any more for sale, and I have NEVER heard it played anywhere before or after I got my copy. Hammie played my copy the other week at The Paddington in Bedford, and it was great to dance to something so SOULFUL @ not over (ever) played.

I am sure even Manship has not got a mention for this slab of soul!! Perhaps he was tooo late!!!

This is the sort of 45 that Sam would only be too glad to play.

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

its in john manships guide at £50

and £40 in tim browns.

Good on them! biggrin.gif:wicked::lol:

p.s. let's see them sell some then!!

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

John Manship what is your answer to all of this?? If you had copies of this for sale at your price, WHY haven't they been available to your customers??? Or are your prices in your guides just a fantasy??????????

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Tim Brown what is your answer to all of this?? If you had copies of this for sale at your price, WHY haven't they been available to your customers??? Or are your prices in your guides just a fantasy??????????

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

I totally believe that most of THE main dealers live in a dream world and make up their own prices for records, they don't own or have for sale to emasculate their own egos!! They live in a dream world. laugh.gif:wicked::lol::lol:

Social source share

John Manship what is your answer to all of this?? If you had copies of this for sale at your price, WHY haven't they been available to your customers??? Or are your prices in your guides just a fantasy??????????

Five k,now thats fantasy unsure.gif

PS,why ya`selling it if its that good?

Edited by ken
Social source share

Probably, although I got my copy from the Sates years ago!! I have looked for more copies and NEVER found any. I've NEVER seen any more for sale, and I have NEVER heard it played anywhere before or after I got my copy. Hammie played my copy the other week at The Paddington in Bedford, and it was great to dance to something so SOULFUL @ not over (ever) played.

I am sure even Manship has not got a mention for this slab of soul!! Perhaps he was tooo late!!!

This is the sort of 45 that Sam would only be too glad to play.

Got to say, I think £40 & £50 sound waaaaaay too cheap to me.

If I'd seen this 45 at anything like that price I'd have had it, for sure.

Can't recall seeing a copy for sale at all for that matter.

However, I didn't think it was a one-off and required confirmation.

Do think its pretty scarce though... and quite a 'pretty' 'good time' New Orleans Soul track.

Think I got involved in a discussion on this record a few months ago, where it was felt that the artist was 'probably' Cynthia Sheeler.

Wardell Quezergue heavily involved so it could be!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Do think its pretty scarce though... and quite a 'pretty' 'good time' New Orleans Soul track.

Think I got involved in a discussion on this record a few months ago, where it was felt that the artist was 'probably' Cynthia Sheeler.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Quite right with the production. I'm sure if you could pick up this 45 at the silly prices mentioned, I'm sure you would have. I'm also sure that if the track was that easy to pick up it would have also appeared on some C.D. by either Kent or Goldmine by now!! It is not.

Social source share

Quite right with the production. I'm sure if you could pick up this 45 at the silly prices mentioned, I'm sure you would have. I'm also sure that if the track was that easy to pick up it would have also appeared on some C.D. by either Kent or Goldmine by now!! It is not.

If it was easy to pikc up it would be on Kent,Kent aint no G******e you know,Kent are famous for releasing cheap crap is that what your saying,your so wrong laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

If it was easy to pikc up it would be on Kent,Kent aint no G******e you know,Kent are famous for releasing cheap crap is that what your saying,your so wrong laugh.gif

This ain't cheap!!! This is first class Soul music! :lol::lol::lol: Listen and weep. :wicked:

Social source share

This ain't cheap!!! This is first class Soul music! :lol::lol::lol: Listen and weep. :wicked:

Well i got my demo copy when you first posted it up ages ago,great little tune whistling.gif

Edited by ken
Social source share

thumbsup.gif

Sean

it is on the southport weekender cd dont know which one.

mark

https://trcmix.co.uk/spmb/podcast.phpit 3rd cd down i think

Edited by mark.b
Social source share

Do you mind me asking what you paid for it Ken?

...And how much would you consider selling it for?

Sean

10k,it is a demo tongue.gif

Social source share

i was told butch had a few copies of these.

he sold them for £25 a go.

he said it would prob cost you £75 to buy these days.

great record tho.

BUTCH what is your answer to all of this?? If you had copies of this for sale at your price, WHY have they been available to your customers??? Or are your prices just a fantasy??????????

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

So what is rarer, the issue or the promo copy? :P

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

could man it is not a one off though. :P

mark

Is Frankie Wilson a one-off?? Just cos his on Motown, makes him no more soulful & rare.

Martin

Social source share

Absolutely superb track that I've been after on and off ever since a mate of mine stuck it on a tape for me mid-80's.

I've been trying to prise it out of his fingers for the last few years to no avail but then again I wasn't offering anything like the prices being quoted here.... :P more like the 'guide prices'

As far as I know, he's still got his copy and as he's not a forum member I'd be happy to pass on any offers to him.

I'm sure he'd consider parting with it now!

Social source share

Is this his old copy?

Sean

I bloody love this record. I have spoken with Martin about it a few times & have looked out for it constantly................If I had 5 grand to spare then I would buy this.............unfortunately I dont. If Martin has got the price on this wrong, then I have cash waiting for a more reasonably priced copy.....................do not hesitate I will paypal you immediately. Martin, good luck, who ever gets this has a stonking record.

Russ

Social source share

I bloody love this record. I have spoken with Martin about it a few times & have looked out for it constantly................If I had 5 grand to spare then I would buy this.............unfortunately I dont. If Martin has got the price on this wrong, then I have cash waiting for a more reasonably priced copy.....................do not hesitate I will paypal you immediately. Martin, good luck, who ever gets this has a stonking record.

Russ

Two or 3 copies shown up on EMS in the last 24 hours, Russ.

Don't know if you're a member but if you are, and you dont want to pay Martins asking price, you might want to make 'em an offer.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Shit, I sold a copy of this recently for £50 - ish

Mick H ? Soul Sam? one of those guys or someone similiar....... i've been robbed...

Fortunately I think I may have another copy somewhere, i hope so, anyway if it's worth 5K

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Being a one off :(

It's strange really as you ask. Not taking the p***, but I had never actually heard the 45 before. I bought the record blind, going by the title only. I for one had stopped going to nighters etc. not long after Wigan shut, mainly cause I had a young family and other commitments. I had therefore missed this when it was so obviously played. As for the price . . . well em . . . an estimate of what I would concider it would be worth IF it was so scarce. 'Scarce' you may shout!! When I asked about this record some time ago, NO ONE actually said they knew the thing, let alone that it had been played. Sorry Mr. Manship, perhaps with all the copies that have now 'surfaced' on this forum, your price of £50 is therefore a lot nearer than mine. At only £50, I now withdraw the record from sale and intend to keep it . . . til it does reach £5,000!! :yes:

Ooops. blush.gif

Social source share

For a start it's nothing to do with the Southport weekender. It's on a mix site i contribute my House mixes too https://trcmix.co.uk/spmb/ It's little comp of tracks i'd like to hear in the Conn corner at the weekender.. I posted it on trc so those who were making the journey North in May could listen too. I have many friends who attend the weekender i've been to 30 out of 40..

Now any one wanna buy my copy.. make me an offer. 5k anyone

Bought mine in the early 80's & i know Mark Gurney has a copy too

mappy

Social source share

For a start it's nothing to do with the Southport weekender. It's on a mix site i contribute my House mixes too https://trcmix.co.uk/spmb/ It's little comp of tracks i'd like to hear in the Conn corner at the weekender.. I posted it on trc so those who were making the journey North in May could listen too. I have many friends who attend the weekender i've been to 30 out of 40..

Now any one wanna buy my copy.. make me an offer. 5k anyone

Bought mine in the early 80's & i know Mark Gurney has a copy too

mappy

i only assumed it was to do with southport lads as it say that it is a southport cd on the site sorry if i was mistaken but the point i was making that it was not a one off.

mark

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Good try Martin thumbsup.gif

At least you've got the b***s to come on here to find out if it's a one off. Mind you, i'm not keen on it though and i don't think i'd spend £50 let alone £5000. Each to his own :(

Social source share

Guest Paul

Five thousand pounds??? I believe that the whole damn world is going crazy!

I seem to remember this record so it may be that I once had a copy, back in the very late '70s or early '80s. At the time I was in touch with a lot of people in New Orleans, including Wardell Quezergue.

This girl doesn't sound quite like Cynthia Sheeler to me but she is a client of ours so I may ask her about it. I mentioned it to Wardell but he just can't remember that far back.

It's a nice record but it isn't outstanding and I doubt it's extremely rare, not that I pay much attention to rarity - and it's demand which sets the crazy prices.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!