Cynthia Brown - Heaven Must Have Sent You

Guest martinsbox

Guest martinsbox

Good try Martin :thumbsup:

At least you've got the b***s to come on here to find out if it's a one off. Mind you, i'm not keen on it though and i don't think i'd spend £50 let alone £5000. Each to his own :)

Thank-you for your kind words. If nothing else, it has hopefully got this record (re)discovered. I trully love this record and it would be great for it to be played (again)!! Price wise, to each his own. Everyone has their own opinion . . . or the scene would go more stale than it is today!!

Still £5,000, any takers?? :lol:

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 55
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...
Guest Cynthia Brown

Got to say, I think £40 & £50 sound waaaaaay too cheap to me.

If I'd seen this 45 at anything like that price I'd have had it, for sure.

Can't recall seeing a copy for sale at all for that matter.

However, I didn't think it was a one-off and required confirmation.

Do think its pretty scarce though... and quite a 'pretty' 'good time' New Orleans Soul track.

Think I got involved in a discussion on this record a few months ago, where it was felt that the artist was 'probably' Cynthia Sheeler.

Wardell Quezergue heavily involved so it could be!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Guest Cynthia Brown

To Sean and Martin,

I am Cynthia Brown ,the Artist that recorded "Heaven Must Have Sent You"/"One Step Too Many" back in the seventies. It was not recorded by Cynthia Sheeler she recorded "I"ll Cry Over You." I do know her of course but we are two different people. My recording was arranged by Wardell Quezerque and it was written by Joe Broussard. The same gentleman that wrote "Mr. Big Stuff" for Jean Knight. I recorded at SeaSaint Recording Studio owned by Allen Toussaint in New Orleans, LA. If I can clarify anything else or if there's any information you'd like feel free to contact me cevans9998@sbcglobal.net

I'd like to thank you for having this site. I ran across it by accident and noticed you included my record. You don't know how happy that made me. Thank you again.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!