Marisa

Favourite Tunes Featuring Guitar

My teenage son is asking me to source out some tunes for him that feature guitar such as: 'I Forgot to be your lover' by William Bell. It's his current favourite.

He is into rap, hip-hop, grime, R n B etc. (at the moment!)

As those of you with adolescent children know, parents tastes are rarely and if so, grudgingly given any kudos, so I thought who better to turn to than the brilliantly extensive knowledgable soul source community to come up with some songs.

Soundclips, if possible, would of course be much appreciated (don't know if this in correct topic, could go in 'look at your box')

So come on folks, what are your favourite tunes with guitar solos in?

Dont it make ya`feel funky,and Stompa.

Thanks everyone for your replies so far. Much appreciated. Soundfiles would be great though. He is keen to hear the tunes and has been checking thiis site himself! Meanwhile he is looking out for the ones already suggested, so thanks once again and i'll keep you posted on which ones he likes best. :thumbsup:

Surely the best guitar break in the history of soul music is either Marv Tarplin's intro to the Miracles 'Tracks Of my Tears' or Reggie Young's 6-note tremolo at the beginning of James Carr's "The Dark End Of The Street"...

Johnny Guitar Watson.. South like West ....

Genius Jazz guitar instrumental,

Joe Hicks.. Dont it make you feel funky,

Travis Wammack.. Scratchy..( Not strictly Northern, its rock and roll really)

joe matthews - aint nothing you can do

Yeah brilliant guitars and bangos on this.......also Ann Sexton Youve been gone too long, 7th Wonder Captain of my ship and of couse K Moses. :thumbsup:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.