Pat And Blenders How Much?

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've seen one for less than that on a recent list or website...just trying to recall which one. I will ask him indoors on his return from work, see if he remembers and let ya know....sorry for being crap, I have far too many children, they drain your brain!

Social source share

Alway's nice to try and locate Fast Eddie 102 on this one rather than the Instrumental 'B' Side flip version as " (All I Need Is Your) Good, Good, Lovin' " is a blinding record, i suspect this superb double sider is harder to find than the Vocal and Inst of "Just Because" which i've seen going for the prices already mentioned here, perhaps a hundred or so for the more common release and perhaps double for the harder version would be a more realistic valuation in terms of rarity cos rare this record certainly ain't good yes but there are copies out there.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

Mark you are undoubtably right about comparing rareity of the two records, but

unfortunately the 'popular demand' factor annoyingly gets involved for us collectors

here. ( * see below )

I would say your doing well if you can get a voc/inst copy for about £200 without

competition from other buyers say on ebay, the Fast Eddie 102 copy add on £100

as it is a lot rarer and come to think of it you dont see many copies in good nick.

* When you look on ebay there are loads of examples of this, how often do you see

Jack Montgomery, Ruby Andrews etc.. for sale but amazingly high demand keeps the

price at a higher level, we should be getting records like these for £25 a time.

I've had at least a dozen attempts to get a copy of Clara Hardy on Tuna but every

time they finish there selling for $450. I dont know how many were found but surely

if collectors didnt panic we could be getting em cheaper....sorry I've gone off on one here.

I know this is a great record and was until a couple of years ago very rare and worth

£1500, but again if every one was cool we could be getting copies for around $200 (£100)

Does anyone else have an opinion about overpaying for not really rare records (even on Ebay)?

Social source share

Arthur Freeman on Jumbo has been on ebay quite a lot lately. I never got to know exactly how many were found by the guy who szold a few very cheap a year or so ago but right now it s still selling fro around $500 despite a fairly steady supply.

I've heard a few different quantities.

I wonder how long before they dry up.........

I like the record but i'm being cautious with this one.

Unless somebody want to sell me one cheap wink.gif

Social source share

Guest Simon

Does anyone else have an opinion about overpaying for not really rare records (even on Ebay)?

Seems to be a combination of returnees with extra income & some people who have suddenly decided they want to start djing at the age of 40 & the only way to do this is to buy up all the really 'big' records rather than hunt down their own interesting records so that they've got their own style.

It's why there's hardly any interesting djs or intersting records being spun on the scene at the moment imho.

A lot of the above mentioned peeps don't take the time out to find out what these records are really worth or how much they were even in the recent past & just accept the figures that are put up, when people like myself & Pete Smith etc. question these over the top prices we normally get told we're living in the past or sommat.

Simon

Social source share

QUOTE :

A lot of the above mentioned peeps don't take the time out to find out what these records are really worth or how much they were even in the recent past & just accept the figures that are put up, when people like myself & Pete Smith etc. question these over the top prices we normally get told we're living in the past or sommat.

Agree entirely Simon. Factor in the ' big name Dj ' is spinning the tune and add a nought.

Always makes me smile. Hamilton Movement was a known tune late 70s / early 80s not easily located but reasonably priced. Numerous other examples Charles Johnson, Jan Jones, Timeless Legend , Family Of Eve - all readily imported and available from various uk dealers lists upon release.

Ronnie Mcneir, Good SideOf Your Love £50 is then played by a dj suddenly £400 why ??

. However a record collector and his money are easily parted. I just don t know how they can afford to purchase . Must have great incomes from their jobs .

Edited by glynthornhill
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!