News Flash

Guest Phil Richards

• Replies 176
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

rumour has it that warped records are caused by girlies leaving record boxes too close to the cooker?i personally find this hard to believe but you know how these stories start! :P

I wondered how long it would be before you chirped up :lol: and I think it was YOU who told me that women leave their boxes too close to cookers :) I think you followed it with "they will be putting them in PINK sleeves next" :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

Totally different emphasis than the post Phil started this thread with Max. he asked for people's views, and got them.

Yes i did :unsure::ohmy:

Social source share

Oh!! dear that bloody Max has done it again....last month it was me n Chris Plant doing spots, with less than a dozen records to our name...and now he's gone and asked damn women to provide the entertainment, without the aid of a 'pole' and in full dress...what i want to know is who will be at home cleaning thr scullery????

In the end if ya don't wanna hear it go somewhere else, "you pays your money you mek's ya choice"....i think i'm correct when i say all the girls support the event month in month out, and whatsmore have over 2ooo years in total of being on the scene, or was it 200????

It's a bit of fun....thats all....its about giving the punters a bit of ownership, it ain't done to piss off the record buying big spending collectors who play records on the scene these days(i deliberatley avoided using the term d.j.'s) After all i was once a dj and did on at least two occasions pay over 14 groats for a record

that was the times we robbed the meters of the rich from Tettenhall.

Good luck to Max, all those girlie types and all those who attend with the intention of gooin' out to have a laugh and a bit of fun, i'll be there or SANDY WILL LAMP ME !!! and i know that cause she just whispered it in my ear as she sits behind me dagger at me throat!!!!

Hope you dont all go on one after this reply, its done tongue in cheek to hopefully make you lot see how silly all this sniping and weasleing around is, why not wish em luck and let em get on with it nobody expects to be able to please everyone, so let it GO!!!

Oh and if you ladies do change your mind ill have my pole with me!!

Oh yes i'll be playin' someone elses records again at the next Cavendish Suite, just like many of the big record buyers are no doubt playing ones that were once mine!!!

Love you all, specially the moaners.,.,.HARPO XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Edited by harpo1
Social source share

Guest Suzy

Oh!! dear that bloody Max has done it again....last month it was me n Chris Plant doing spots, with less than a dozen records to our name...and now he's gone and asked damn women to provide the entertainment, without the aid of a 'pole' and in full dress...what i want to know is who will be at home cleaning thr scullery????

In the end if ya don't wanna hear it go somewhere else, "you pays your money you mek's ya choice"....i think i'm correct when i say all the girls support the event month in month out, and whatsmore have over 2ooo years in total of being on the scene, or was it 200????

It's a bit of fun....thats all....its about giving the punters a bit of ownership, it ain't done to piss off the record buying big spending collectors who play records on the scene these days(i deliberatley avoided using the term d.j.'s) After all i was once a dj and did on at least two occasions pay over 14 groats for a record

that was the times we robbed the meters of the rich from Tettenhall.

Good luck to Max, all those girlie types and all those who attend with the intention of gooin' out to have a laugh and a bit of fun, i'll be there or SANDY WILL LAMP ME !!! and i know that cause she just whispered it in my ear as she sits behind me dagger at me throat!!!!

Hope you dont all go on one after this reply, its done tongue in cheek to hopefully make you lot see how silly all this sniping and weasleing around is, why not wish em luck and let em get on with it nobody expects to be able to please everyone, so let it GO!!!

Oh and if you ladies do change your mind ill have my pole with me!!

Oh yes i'll be playin' someone elses records again at the next Cavendish Suite, just like many of the big record buyers are no doubt playing ones that were once mine!!!

Love you all, specially the moaners.,.,.HARPO XXXXXXXXXXXXX

You are one of the select few that realises what this night is all about!!

Just a bit of fun,Your comments are very much appreciated and i think i can speak on behalf of all the girl's who will be DJing on the night. :thumbsup:

As for the poles, please don't give Max any more idea's..... laugh.gif

Tell Sandy she can remove the knife from your throat now...... :thumbsup:

See you all there!!

Suzy

Social source share

WELL SAID HARPO!!

WITH NOTHING ON IN THE AREA

THIS GIRLS NIGHT HAS BEEN PUT ON TOTALLY AS A FUN NIGHT!

NONE OF THE GIRLS INVOLVED HAVE EVER DONE ANYTHING LIKE

THIS BEFORE AND SHOULD BE APPLAUDED FOR GIVING IT A GO!

IF BY ANY CHANCE WE HAVE ANY MONEY OVER AFTER PAYING

FOR THE ROOM,THE GEAR & AN ADVERT WE WILL DONATE IT TO

A CHARITY, IN FACT WE WILL ASK THE GIRLS TO CHOOSE ONE!

MAX...

Social source share

Guest stash313

Good luck, from one girl to t-others. I for one wouldn't have the guts to DJ and I applaud anyone who does.... :thumbsup:

No, I wouldn't do it either!..I've done my homework, spent my money and made considerable contributions to other record collections as well as my own but never felt brave enough to get up there and do it.

I hope the ladies that do fancy having a go behind the decks have a great time. We did this at Bury about 6 or 7 years ago and it was a great night!.

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Don't think Max realised what controversy he would cause when he had an idea for a girls nite.Shall have to tell him how upset some people are at the thought of it. We know we aren't professionals like Joan(fantastic by the way).The venue we will be appearing at has no need of gimmicks as it is packed every month.Our nite will be the week after the regular one.

As to only playing your own records, as we have joint bank accounts then they are my records aren't they. In future I'd better be much more careful with my choice of vocabulary. I have actually known male djs borrow records if they have had a request but don't have their own copy with them.

best wishes Pat

Pat

Well said I've known loads of male dj's borrow from their mates, and as for they are all the hubby's records, bollox most households have joint incomes these days dont know many women that sit on their arse all day at home while their hubby/partner is out earning the money to buy all these records and most of the collections will have records in that the wife like's, just becuase the men have got more patience to stand looking through records boxes or has more time to spend looking through record lists etc dosn't mean that the women dont know what's in the boxes.

Sorry guys just my point of view.

Sharon S

Social source share

Guest stash313

No, I wouldn't do it either!..I've done my homework, spent my money and made considerable contributions to other record collections as well as my own but never felt brave enough to get up there and do it.

I hope the ladies that do fancy having a go behind the decks have a great time. We did this at Bury about 6 or 7 years ago and it was a great night!.

Jayne.x.

APOLOGIES!!! I DIDN'T REALISE I WAS LOGGED IN AS SEAN... OOPS.

Jayne.x.

Social source share

:lol: ...I thought he was trying to tell us something.... whistling.gif

LOL, now there's a rumour!. well, that's me in trouble..but to be fair, he's clearly

been using my computer! :D

Jayne.x.

Social source share

I wondered how long it would be before you chirped up :( and I think it was YOU who told me that women leave their boxes too close to cookers :D I think you followed it with "they will be putting them in PINK sleeves next" :ohmy:

Ha ha ha ........

I also have powder blue.

PS what s a cooker?

xxx

Social source share

LOL, now there's a rumour!. well, that's me in trouble..but to be fair, he's clearly

been using my computer! :D

Jayne.x.

Is this the Jayne who is on Facebook and who went to Whitby ? If it is then we can exchange messages on here too.

Pat :ohmy:

ps Just noticed that you are online as well Suzy.Will you be at Broad Lane this week? If you are then I'll make sure I get Max to introduce us to each other.

Edited by Pat
Social source share

Is this the Jayne who is on Facebook and who went to Whitby ? If it is then we can exchange messages on here too.

ps Just noticed that you are online as well Suzy.Will you be at Broad Lane this week? If you are then I'll make sure I get Max to introduce us to each other.

I'll introduce you to Anne as well if you like Pat :D

Wulfie

Edited by Wulfie09
Social source share

I'll introduce you to Anne as well if you like Pat :ohmy:

Wulfie

Thank you Wulfie.We'll see you on Friday then. Has Anne picked her records yet? I keep changing my mind. I've got a list as long as my arm but Alan keeps pointing out that I'll only need 5 or 6.

Pat x

Social source share

Hi Pat,

I don't know if i can get there this Friday, unless someone gives me a lift!! :D Phil's on call out!! all week.

I will certainly look forward to meeting you too, I know Anne, Helen, Sandy, Helen 2, Dawnie, Lynn, and Sandy's daughter, Hopfully i will get there!! So see you all soon.

Suzy XX

Social source share

Pat :unsure:

Hi Pat,

Yep, it's me... i'm the same person. :(

spending my life chatting on the 'net.. lol.. It'd be nice to say Hi as and when we're at the same venue..

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Hi Pat,

Yep, it's me... i'm the same person. :unsure:

spending my life chatting on the 'net.. lol.. It'd be nice to say Hi as and when we're at the same venue..

Jayne.x.

Let's hope we bump into each other somewhere.

Pat x

ps keep adding to my playlist for next week.Bit sad really as we'll only get a chance to play 5 or 6.Did I hear someone shout "good !" ?

Edited by Pat
Social source share

Pat x

ps keep adding to my playlist for next week.Bit sad really as we'll only get a chance to play 5 or 6.Did I hear someone shout "good !" ?

Hi,

I cant imagine having one playlist so far in advance, I suppose you'll need a B plan too, depending on what the crowd want on the night and what those before you have played too... eey, sounds like fun!... :unsure:

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Thank you Wulfie.We'll see you on Friday then. Has Anne picked her records yet? I keep changing my mind. I've got a list as long as my arm but Alan keeps pointing out that I'll only need 5 or 6.

Pat x

Well, she has chosen enough for two hours let alone 30 mins - but then she is a woman :thumbsup:

I'm sure that will change again before 20th, and like you, she's also bought records especially - as the copies I had I'd swapped or sold on - not like me at all !!!

Wulfie :wicked:

Edited by Wulfie09
Social source share

Pat x

Hi Pat, Jayne, Wulfie, & Ann.

I think we're all having the same problem, don't know what to play.... Keep changing your mind....

Good thing we don't have to do this every week ohmy.gif just take them all i say biggrin.gif

When i spoke to Max on Friday he said, just play something that your husbands/partners don't normally play, sounds that we like.....

Thanks Jayne for your support be nice to meet up with you sometime, somewhere.

Wulfie tell Ann I have also brought some records from Des Parker. and John Manship.

See you all soon.

Suzy xx

Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

Pat x

Think you might be playing more than 5 or 6 whistling.gif

Edited by Phil Richards
Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

Dawn's bought Linda Jones My heart needs a break on Warner Brothers , Gloria Jones Come go with me on Uptown and The Star-Treks Gonna need magic on Veep. Puts my collection to shame allready laugh.gif

We all put your collection to shame laugh.gif:(

Edited by Phil Richards
Social source share

Hi Pat, Jayne, Wulfie, & Ann.

I think we're all having the same problem, don't know what to play.... Keep changing your mind....

Good thing we don't have to do this every week ohmy.gif just take them all i say biggrin.gif

When i spoke to Max on Friday he said, just play something that your husbands/partners don't normally play, sounds that we like.....

Thanks Jayne for your support be nice to meet up with you sometime, somewhere.

Wulfie tell Ann I have also brought some records from Des Parker. and John Manship.

See you all soon.

Suzy xx

Hi Suzy,

Stop buying those records!!!... you're on a downwards spiral.. LOL unsure.gif

The more you buy, the more you'll want to play and you'll end up getting 'the bug' for this.. :boxing:

I reckon you should all just take them all!, how many DJ's do you see carrying enormous (or often) several heavy boxes full of records

for a one hour spot?.. they could probably go non stop for a good few days before they run out. :lol:

It probably would be easier if you did do this every week, then you'd have an organised box to take out with your guarenteed 'emergency' floor fillers, most requested, your own favs and newies to break...

Sorry, I'm waffling now. Maybe a frustrated wannabe DJ in denial here.. lol :ohmy:

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Hi Suzy,

Stop buying those records!!!... you're on a downwards spiral.. LOL :(

The more you buy, the more you'll want to play and you'll end up getting 'the bug' for this.. thumbup.gif

I reckon you should all just take them all!, how many DJ's do you see carrying enormous (or often) several heavy boxes full of records

for a one hour spot?.. they could probably go non stop for a good few days before they run out. :thumbup:

It probably would be easier if you did do this every week, then you'd have an organised box to take out with your guarenteed 'emergency' floor fillers, most requested, your own favs and newies to break...

Sorry, I'm waffling now. Maybe a frustrated wannabe DJ in denial here.. lol :D

Jayne.x.

Hey Jayne, get yourself down to Essington next Friday 20th, bring some records with you!!

It's gonna be a great night :D

I've been sitting here this afternoon just listening to different tunes and deciding what i want to play, No nearer deciding yet!! :thumbup:

Suzy xx

Social source share

Hey Jayne, get yourself down to Essington next Friday 20th, bring some records with you!!

It's gonna be a great night :thumbup:

I've been sitting here this afternoon just listening to different tunes and deciding what i want to play, No nearer deciding yet!! :thumbup:

Suzy xx

Hi Suzy

I'm the same. Even bought some records yesterday.Well Alan did, but I'd picked them. He had me practising on the decks last night. I'm glad that I'd already asked my son to give me some tips.I think Alan was just trying to confuse me unsure.gif Max will be on stage to help us if we're stuck. At least there seems to be quite a few people reading our posts.It will be interesting to see what folk make of us. Come to think of it,I couldn't care less really.We're just going to have a laugh .

Pat x

Social source share

Hi Suzy

I'm the same. Even bought some records yesterday.Well Alan did, but I'd picked them. He had me practising on the decks last night. I'm glad that I'd already asked my son to give me some tips.I think Alan was just trying to confuse me :thumbup: Max will be on stage to help us if we're stuck. At least there seems to be quite a few people reading our posts.It will be interesting to see what folk make of us. Come to think of it,I couldn't care less really.We're just going to have a laugh .

Pat x

Social source share

Hi Suzy

I'm the same. Even bought some records yesterday.Well Alan did, but I'd picked them. He had me practising on the decks last night. I'm glad that I'd already asked my son to give me some tips.I think Alan was just trying to confuse me :thumbup: Max will be on stage to help us if we're stuck. At least there seems to be quite a few people reading our posts.It will be interesting to see what folk make of us. Come to think of it,I couldn't care less really.We're just going to have a laugh .

Pat x

Hi Pat,

Phil is taking the video camera, and we will be on the website lata!! So that's going to make us even more nervous :thumbup: now the cats out of the bag!! laugh.gif and we will have to be on our best behaviour.... I don't think :( just looking forward to the night, enjoying myself, and having a good old laugh with all you girl's :D

I think all the guy's will make sure that we are ok, so no worries there.

Suzy xx

Social source share

It's gonna be a great night :lol:

I've been sitting here this afternoon just listening to different tunes and deciding what i want to play, No nearer deciding yet!! :unsure:

Suzy xx

Sue, I've been doing just that for 40 years - and even now I never know what I'm going to play ahead of time - though normally have a nucleus of four or five i want to sling in if the mood is right - just go out and enjoy it and I know we guys are looking forward to it too, as I know all of you have excellent taste and it will be a cracking night

See you Friday

Wulfie :lol:

Social source share

:wicked: HELLO,

THIS IS MY 1ST COMMENT ON THIS SUBJECT,AND ARE PROUD TO SAY THAT I,M 1 OF THE LADIES IN THIS ALL GIRL LINE UP :( AT BROAD LANE ON THE 20TH JULY. AFTER READING THE COMMENT,S GOOD :D AND BAD :D I,M LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING ME SOME FUN :lol: ON OUR LADIES NIGHT. I DANCE MY ARSE OFF EVERY WEEKEND :thumbup: AND MY AIM IS TO GET THEM ON THE DANCE FLOOR TO DANCE THEIR ARSES OFF TOO :unsure: COS AT THE END OF THE DAY THAT,S WHAT IT ALL ABOUT IS,NT IT ? :boxing: THANKS TO MAX FOR PUTTING THE FUN BACK INTO THE SOUL SCENE :lol:

HELEN XX

Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

What a load of horse trollops.

So if I play them will I be blacklisted or given the cold shoulder by the soul community?

Yes but not for playing them :unsure::lol:

Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

:( HELLO,

THIS IS MY 1ST COMMENT ON THIS SUBJECT,AND ARE PROUD TO SAY THAT I,M 1 OF THE LADIES IN THIS ALL GIRL LINE UP :D AT BROAD LANE ON THE 20TH JULY. AFTER READING THE COMMENT,S GOOD :D AND BAD :D I,M LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING ME SOME FUN :lol: ON OUR LADIES NIGHT. I DANCE MY ARSE OFF EVERY WEEKEND :boxing: AND MY AIM IS TO GET THEM ON THE DANCE FLOOR TO DANCE THEIR ARSES OFF TOO :unsure: COS AT THE END OF THE DAY THAT,S WHAT IT ALL ABOUT IS,NT IT ? :wicked: THANKS TO MAX FOR PUTTING THE FUN BACK INTO THE SOUL SCENE :lol:

HELEN XX

Better buy some new arses then :thumbup:

Social source share

It's gonna be a great night :lol:

I've been sitting here this afternoon just listening to different tunes and deciding what i want to play, No nearer deciding yet!! :unsure:

Suzy xx

Hi Suzy,

It sounds like you will have a great night.. we run Bury on the same night so I'm kinda busy.. lol :lol:

I reckon you can just as much fun when you're going through your records beforehand as you do when you're dj'ing..

it's a good excuse to chill out for a few hours and have a good look through at things you wouldn't normally get out and play, rather than just sticking a cd on.. without the nerves! :D

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Hi Suzy

I'm the same. Even bought some records yesterday.Well Alan did, but I'd picked them. He had me practising on the decks last night. I'm glad that I'd already asked my son to give me some tips.I think Alan was just trying to confuse me :unsure: Max will be on stage to help us if we're stuck. At least there seems to be quite a few people reading our posts.It will be interesting to see what folk make of us. Come to think of it,I couldn't care less really.We're just going to have a laugh .

Pat x

Hiya Pat,

Hope you're well...

You need to knock this buying records on the head as well, once you've started picking them, you're one step away from caring what label they're on and once that happens, well, when it happened to me, I was well on the well to bankrupcy! :lol: sadly I have expensive taste in soul records.

I know I'm being cynical about record buying but I dont mean it really, you can have some really good fun finding them and deciding what's worth buying, just helps if you have a millionaire in tow!

Jayne.x.

Social source share

:wicked: HELLO,

THIS IS MY 1ST COMMENT ON THIS SUBJECT,AND ARE PROUD TO SAY THAT I,M 1 OF THE LADIES IN THIS ALL GIRL LINE UP :( AT BROAD LANE ON THE 20TH JULY. AFTER READING THE COMMENT,S GOOD :D AND BAD :D I,M LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING ME SOME FUN :lol: ON OUR LADIES NIGHT. I DANCE MY ARSE OFF EVERY WEEKEND :thumbup: AND MY AIM IS TO GET THEM ON THE DANCE FLOOR TO DANCE THEIR ARSES OFF TOO :unsure: COS AT THE END OF THE DAY THAT,S WHAT IT ALL ABOUT IS,NT IT ? :boxing: THANKS TO MAX FOR PUTTING THE FUN BACK INTO THE SOUL SCENE :lol:

HELEN XX

Hi Helen, Where ya bin.? :D So glad that you've joined us, Look's like we're all gonna be dancing our arses off!! See you and Martin tomorrow night.

Suzy, Phil's better half. xx

Social source share

Hi Suzy,

It sounds like you will have a great night.. we run Bury on the same night so I'm kinda busy.. lol :unsure:

I reckon you can just as much fun when you're going through your records beforehand as you do when you're dj'ing..

it's a good excuse to chill out for a few hours and have a good look through at things you wouldn't normally get out and play, rather than just sticking a cd on.. without the nerves! :lol:

Jayne.x.

Hi Jayne, Thanks for tip!! I'll try and remember everything people keep telling me, maybe that will calm the nerves or make them worse as there will be so much to remember!!

Look forward to meeting you another time, Take care Jayne and have a good night at Bury..... :lol:

Suzy xx

Social source share

Hi Helen, Where ya bin.? :lol: So glad that you've joined us, Look's like we're all gonna be dancing our arses off!! See you and Martin tomorrow night.

Suzy, Phil's better half. xx

HIYA SUZY, HOPE YOU AND PHIL ARE OK? NICE TO BE WITH YOU TO :unsure: WE,LL BE THERE TOMMOROW FOR SURE!

HELEN XX

Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

HIYA SUZY, HOPE YOU AND PHIL ARE OK? NICE TO BE WITH YOU TO :unsure: WE,LL BE THERE TOMMOROW FOR SURE!

HELEN XX

Sue will be there i can't as i am on call out :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert