Southgate All Dayer (free)

Guest toby

Guest toby

SOUTHGATE ALL DAYER (FREE EVENT)

IN MEMORY OF THE LATE RANDY COZENS..

SATURDAY JULY 28th 12 NOON TILL ...1am..

THE FISHMONGERS ARMS, WINCHMORE HILL ROAD, SOUTHGATE, LONDON, N14..

(200 yards from Southgate tube station,and the old venue the Rising Sun)..

An impresive line up of class DJs as per usual..

ADY CROASDELL...ROGER STEWART...STEVE GAUNORRI...MICK SMITH...TERRY JONES...

JOHN FARRELL...JO WALLACE...VAL PALMER...MARCO...DAVE GREENHILL...IVOR JONES...

TEF...TAFFY...TOBY...PETE WIDDISON...DAVE GREET...EDDIE PILLER...TRICKSTER...

CHRIS FORREST...LITTLE REG...JON BUCK...MIKE RITSON...TERRY COZENS..TONY WILDMAN...

COME AND JOIN US FOR A DAY OF SOUL IN MEMORY OF RANDY COZENS (ITS FREE ENTRY)

THIS EVENT IS ALWAYS BUSY,WITH FUN AND FROLICS THROWN IN...

post-505-1183484414_thumb.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

CHRIS FORREST...LITTLE REG...JON BUCK...MIKE RITSON...TERRY COZENS..TONY WILDMAN...

Was hoping to make this after saying I couldn't make it, got the dates mixed up then got all excited thinking I would now be able to go (I did the fliers for god sake so how did I get the dates mixed up :excl::thumbsup: ), now found out I have to work all that weekend :thumbsup:

Hope you all have a great time thumbsup.gif:thumbsup:

QoFxx

Guest toby

Never mind Chrissieo,Taffy & Me will buy you a drink or two,three ,four + (hic) for doing the flyers for this event (me thinks we'd be f****** without your expertise on the pc).

IMO Chrissieo does a wonderfull job in doing flyers,promoting.assisting,glass collecting among other jobs,all unpaid for a host of venues....WELL DONE GIRL,

see ya on Friday at the Ath..

Never mind Chrissieo,Taffy & Me will buy you a drink or two,three ,four + (hic) for doing the flyers for this event (me thinks we'd be f****** without your expertise on the pc).

see ya on Friday at the Ath..

Taffy bought me a large vodka at Luton, don't think he realised it was only the first installment laugh.gif

QoFxx

Yipee!!! And by then it should have stopped raining so we can have our wonderful day in the sun as well - Chrisseo - can't you phone in sick?

:rolleyes: Steve

Yipee!!! And by then it should have stopped raining so we can have our wonderful day in the sun as well - Chrisseo - can't you phone in sick?

tongue.gif Steve

afraid not, too many beer/vinyl/frock vouchers involved :rolleyes: may have another plan up my sleeve but it will mean taking 2 days holiday from my "real" job and not sure if that's practical at moment.

QoFxx

Edited by chrissieo

can't you rearrange it for 2 weeks later when I'm in Essex?

am sure you'll all have a great time - and I'll have a drink to the lovely Randy at the Orwell, which is where I'll be the night before your hi-jinx in Southgate

Not long to go now folks.

All the equipment,decks all hired in etc ,new dance floor laid down(wooden).a new patio area has been laid outside with very large brolly's within the tables etc for the smokers it leads on to the main party area so you wont miss a thing when your outside having a puff.

All the DJs are booked and confirmed,and at the ready to please your ears etc..

Taffy getting all in a panic as he does every year :thumbsup: ,told him not to worry as it goes great every year.

Mini bus booked and paid for so NO driving for us (ha ha).

so get on down to this event you wont be sorry.Its gonna be a packer again.

Not long to go now folks.......

Mini bus booked and paid for so NO driving for us (ha ha).

so get on down to this event you wont be sorry.Its gonna be a packer again.

Is the bus full Toby and can it make a stop on the A1 for little old me?

M

Is the bus full Toby and can it make a stop on the A1 for little old me?

M

Sorry Martin,unless someone pulls out(which i doubt very much)its full up ,why didnt you ask 2 weeks ago ??then i could have gone for a 37 seater or something.

An idea for you ....no driving...from your gaff at WGC hop on the bus to Potters Bar then onto a #182 from Potters Bar into Soulgate(use your oyster card its only 70p).last bus leaves S/Gate at approx 12.30 so you could be back in bed by 1.00am. :unsure: .

Sorry mate ,keep in touch & i'll let you know on the space if any thats free.

Toby...

Sorry Martin,unless someone pulls out(which i doubt very much)its full up ,why didnt you ask 2 weeks ago ??then i could have gone for a 37 seater or something.

An idea for you ....no driving...from your gaff at WGC hop on the bus to Potters Bar then onto a #182 from Potters Bar into Soulgate(use your oyster card its only 70p).last bus leaves S/Gate at approx 12.30 so you could be back in bed by 1.00am. :thumbsup: .

Sorry mate ,keep in touch & i'll let you know on the space if any thats free.

Toby...

Hi Toby,

It's not the getting there it's the getting back late that's a pain...I'll just have to leave early.......what did I do last year?

M

Hi Toby,

It's not the getting there it's the getting back late that's a pain...I'll just have to leave early.......what did I do last year?

M

can't you just pick up a dirty* woman who lives locally..... :thumbsup:

* or desperate :thumbup:

sorry Martin, I couldn't resist - hope you is as good as me :thumbup:

can't you just pick up a dirty* woman who lives locally..... ph34r.gif

* or desperate :lol:

sorry Martin, I couldn't resist - hope you is as good as me :lol:

Great idea Kirsty,...that will fill 3 minutes up....but what do I do then...I still need to get home. wicked.gif

Guest EType69

There may be a few more going from WGC Martin, might be worth sorting something between us.

BTW how do you make it last 3 minutes?

Guest Darks

Had a nice time there a few years ago,gonna try and make it down for this year,i think we have a few going from Manchester...Lets see..

Hi Steve,

There is a few of us intent on going. Only problem is we have'nt worked out how to get there this year. We hired a coach and driver last year but sense we are running out of time, be a shame to miss such a great event.

Have you any ideas/time on your hands to ring round etc

Regards Alan

I,ll chase up the possibles this weekend.

It will be great to see you and the little baldy one :shades: ,You'll love it mate its right up your street ,great tunes played all day/night,good beer,great people who are into just about anything goes thumbup.gif .

(only messing about the baldy one..Jimmy)sorry mate could'nt resist it..

Give me a pm or call my mobile# asap regarding Soulgate please.

cheers the funked up/souled out crowd,

Toby..

Hi Toby,

M

How the hell am i supposed to remember what you got up to last year,all i know is that you and a Mr Bennett were chasing little sluts around all night,and that you were both quite out of it(if you get my drift).

Mind you nothing changes there then,did'nt you go onto the mousetrap nighter after Southgate ?..

as for you getting a local dirty lady(none of them trust a man with a beard) :shades: .

I'm sure the Funked up crowd will come up trumps for you,Steve Bish is good for his word,he will try and sort something out no doubt..

How the hell am i supposed to remember what you got up to last year,all i know is that you and a Mr Bennett were chasing little sluts around all night,and that you were both quite out of it(if you get my drift).

Mind you nothing changes there then,did'nt you go onto the mousetrap nighter after Southgate ?..

as for you getting a local dirty lady(none of them trust a man with a beard) :shades: .

I'm sure the Funked up crowd will come up trumps for you,Steve Bish is good for his word,he will try and sort something out no doubt..

Oh yes...I remember now..... That's what is needed , an after party at Mousetrap or the like...

Oh yes...I remember now..... That's what is needed , an after party at Mousetrap or the like...

Self inflicted harm due to abuse of certain items no doubt :shades: ..

Are you still coming to this wonderfull event ?even if i have given you the abuse you dont deserve young man.

Guest EType69

It will be great to see you and the little baldy one :shades: ,You'll love it mate its right up your street ,great tunes played all day/night,good beer,great people who are into just about anything goes thumbup.gif .

(only messing about the baldy one..Jimmy)sorry mate could'nt resist it..

Give me a pm or call my mobile# asap regarding Soulgate please.

cheers the funked up/souled out crowd,

Toby..

Pm,d ya Toby

Guest vinylvixen

Really looking forward to this. I'm coming down from Harlow - is there anyone driving down or training down from that area? I was going to catch the train to Totteridge Halt and then get the Vic/Pic line combo to Soulgate if anyone cares to join me. Sandwiches in tinfoil can be provided for the journey :thumbsup: See y'all there. Jo

Guest EType69

That's great Steve.....let me know what time train you are getting in the afternoon and I may well join you on that too.

Ok Martin, and if we suceed in talking some nice person into giving us a lift, better still.

Guest Kolla

Soulgate DJ Times

12 til 12.45 Jon Buck & Little Reg

12.45 til 1.30 Coiln Gritt & Tony Wildman

1.30 til 2.30 Trickster

2.30 til 3.00 Terry Cozens

3.00 til 4.00 Terry Jones

4.00 til 5.00 Dave Greenhill & Toby

5.00 til 6.00 Jo Wallace & Val Palmer

6.00 til 7.00 Johnny Timlin & John Farrell

7.00 til 8.00 Ivor Jones & Chris Forest

8.00 til 8.45 Roger Stewart & Nigel Flood the birthday boy!

8.45 til 9.45 Steve Guanori & Eddie

9.45 til 10.45 Donna & Ady

10.45 til 11.45 Pete Widdison & Dave Greet

11.45 til 12.15 Taffy

Drinking will be allowed to go on until 1.00am

Edited by Kolla
Guest vinylvixen

Soulgate DJ Times

This is when locking up daughters springs to mind....for the safety of the general public :( Can't wait to mix metaphors with Val...and double deck :thumbsup: See y'all there. Jo

Guest vinylvixen

Strange thing....I looked at my calendar this morning and I'd put 'West Hampstead' for Sat 28th :P There's a Freudian Soul Slip if ever I've had one. Had a few calls from people and it's looking good already :unsure: Hopefully see the Runcorn posse there. Jo

Guest Kolla

Slight change to the DJ times, cats n' kittens

12.45 til 1.45 Coiln Gritt & Tony Wildman

1.45 til 2.15 Trickster

2.15 til 3.00 Terry Cozens

6.00 til 7.00 Ivor Jones & Chris Forest

7.00 til 8.00 Johnny Timlin & John Farrell

8.00 til 8.45 Roger Stewart & Nigel Flood

11.45 til 12.15 Taffy

Guest EType69

Ok Martin, and if we suceed in talking some nice person into giving us a lift, better still.

Lift is sorted!!! So, thats Lee (designated driver), the lovely Laura from Bar11, Jimmy, Martin & me.

Lee will have to bugger off early so thats a four way split on the cab.

Me taxi is out of action. :wicked:

Whats up with the Krazy Kenny Kab then kenneth ??someone nicked the wheels of it then ? ........(where you live i'm suprised its still in one bit).......only joking mate..

Are you still coming the Ken ?..its only 3 stops a tube for you,hope to see you at the Rocket Saturday night Kenny..

You could use Mandy's motor, but like me you wont fit in the car,its her precious flying flea.. :D

Hi Toby,

M

Martin - you got a lift into Uptown and Upbeat with me and Andy, then went on to the Mousetrap.

Not sure I will make it this year as it clashes with our night, but had a very pleasant time there last time.

Good Luck

Dave

Whats up with the Krazy Kenny Kab then kenneth ??someone nicked the wheels of it then ? ........(where you live i'm suprised its still in one bit).......only joking mate..

Are you still coming the Ken ?..its only 3 stops a tube for you,hope to see you at the Rocket Saturday night Kenny..

You could use Mandy's motor, but like me you wont fit in the car,its her precious flying flea.. :ohmy:

Try me best Toby,was gonna`have a look at the damage but its pissin`down :ohmy: had a Metro once,i fitted.......anybody got a spare Metro,keep it!! :thumbsup:

Guest EType69

am thinking of heading down to this one - sounds like a fun day to be had yes.gif

i may be on my own though, so would you all look after me ?!! :thumbsup:

it's not me pictured in my avatar by the way - i dont have a beard !!

maybe i'll get to meet some of the crowd at the Rocket this saturday....?

helen x

Hi Helen, Will look out for you........ you should be easy to spot with those green wellies on.

Steve

Soulgate DJ Times

12.45 til 1.30 Coiln Gritt & Tony Wildman

1.30 til 2.30 Trickster

2.30 til 3.00 Terry Cozens

6.00 til 7.00 Johnny Timlin & John Farrell

7.00 til 8.00 Ivor Jones & Chris Forest

8.00 til 8.45 Roger Stewart & Nigel Flood the birthday boy!

11.45 til 12.15 Taffy

Drinking will be allowed to go on until 1.00am

There are some quality quaffers on that list, I hope Greety's not driving so we can get him in trouble. Some interesting pairings too, the two Johns, Timlin & Farrell, look particularly tasty.

a nice gentle reminder for Sunday morning,its less than a week to go ,so get plenty of rest etc before Saturday cos its gonna be a mad un.

If Ady C plays any of the same tunes as last night at the Rocket youre in for a treat,trust me he wason form with the big hitters,nice one Ady..

A message for RBMAN,BISH & CO ,the bus is sorted for you lot to join us on it,(pick up your mobile phone messages wil ya)get back to me soon lads so i can tell you pick up place and time etc.

speaking to Keb Darge last night he is also gonna make an appearance at Southgate on saturday.

Ah time for the gathering! Last minut nightmare with the babysitter means that Jane and I will only be coming to the evening event but looking forward to the usual top toons and ecclectic mix of sounds and people that make Soulgate such a unique event. Se ya all on Saturday, and, to quote Lou, see ya when we get there

* Steve, looking forward to the usual air guitar and strange looks.

Guest deketh

HIA ALL HAD A HOOT LAST YEAR (MY FIRST VISIT THERE) FOR DARKER`S STAG DOO AND WE ARE COMING AGAIN WELL ME LEE AND DARKS ARE COMING NO MINIBUS I`M DRIVING STAYING OVER IN FINCHLEY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT SHAME IT`S NOT THE SAME VENUE AS LAST YEAR FINGERS CROSSED THE SPANISH RESTAURANT IS STILL THERE !

ALL DA BEST - KEVIN "J" ETHERIDGE.

Guest EType69

a nice gentle reminder for Sunday morning,its less than a week to go ,so get plenty of rest etc before Saturday cos its gonna be a mad un.

If Ady C plays any of the same tunes as last night at the Rocket youre in for a treat,trust me he wason form with the big hitters,nice one Ady..

A message for RBMAN,BISH & CO ,the bus is sorted for you lot to join us on it,(pick up your mobile phone messages wil ya)get back to me soon lads so i can tell you pick up place and time etc.

speaking to Keb Darge last night he is also gonna make an appearance at Southgate on saturday.

Nice One Toby!!

am dying for a weekend away somewhere and was thinking London. after seeing this thread it sounds really good (i do like all-dayers!) can anyone give me details of any hotels close by please? would be a BIG help! :thumbup:

much appreciated.

wAvy

Nice one Toby....where and when for pick up???

M

Guest Andy Kempster

wahey

back from holibobs and gagging for a jolly to the smoke

:P:thumbup::D

me and lauren will see you there fella

anything going on friday night?

Question - who will be holding the annual Soulgate 'rush to the doors' crowd back, as happens every year, if a minor fracus occurs???? Secondly, does the new boozer have any idea how much drink will be consumed and are they aware of the danger of table top dancing and singing from, amongst other Letchworth reprobates, Taff??? I only ask out of a sense of duty you know XX

A Bump with breaking news............

Terry Cozens just called up with regards HOTELS..

"toby can you put this on Soul Source !!, closest hotel is a 15 minute cab ride at the DAYS INN HOTEL ,SOUTH MIMMS, rooms from £49 ..loads left so get in quick..

call 08000111193."

the cabs are very reasonable in part of London,should'nt cost more than tenner to get back to the hotel...

So people get in there and book up a room for a great day /night out at SOULGATE ..

we have been inundated with calls on this event,so its gonna be packer and its FREE..

Glad your coming KEV you'll love it again,no drinking on the way down just get to Southgate in one bit then do the drinking eh !!

see you Saturday mate..

Guest Karen Heath

am dying for a weekend away somewhere and was thinking London. after seeing this thread it sounds really good (i do like all-dayers!) can anyone give me details of any hotels close by please? would be a BIG help! wink.gif

much appreciated.

wAvy

It would be nice to see you at Southgate!

Just noticed your last clip played was the Skatellites..I saw them last weekend at the anti racism gig in Finsbury Park!