Stolen Hours 21st July Kents Newest Soul Night

Here we go again, the next Stolen Hours night is 21st July at the Oddfellows Hall ( above the odds club in Ramsgate High Street.

Its a great venue with a superb sprung dance floor and top music policy. The Dj line will be as per usual me and KevinKent and Johnny Herbert with the veritable Richard Brown guesting on the night.

The website has maps and flyers and lots of info/pics of the venue and previous nights.

Admission is £4 for members and £5 for non members with the doors closing at 10.30 and finish time around 1AM.

post-4585-1183492347_thumb.jpg

Great little club with a growing membership of appreciative soulies, so check out the website and get yourself down. If your'e travelling and need further info drop me a PM, especially Piko and Loren and the other French soulies that put me up last weekend. Thanks guys.

cheers Mark SSI

• Replies 90
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest GrooveJunkies

Here we go again, the next Stolen Hours night is 21st July at the Oddfellows Hall ( above the odds club in Ramsgate High Street.

Its a great venue with a superb sprung dance floor and top music policy. The Dj line will be as per usual me and KevinKent and Johnny Herbert with the veritable Richard Brown guesting on the night.

The website has maps and flyers and lots of info/pics of the venue and previous nights.

Admission is £4 for members and £5 for non members with the doors closing at 10.30 and finish time around 1AM.

Great little club with a growing membership of appreciative soulies, so check out the website and get yourself down. If your'e travelling and need further info drop me a PM, especially Piko and Loren and the other French soulies that put me up last weekend. Thanks guys.

cheers Mark SSI

hi mark

if its as good as your last doo we are in for a treat :ohmy: love the new flyer......great 70s afro bit like mine :rolleyes:

keep it soulful -- -- oh and with a touch of soulful disco wink.gif

cheers Mark SSI

Hi Mark. Hope it all goes well for you mate. Shame i cant make this as it clashes with mine again sad.gif but not to worry. Hope to get down to another one of your do`s soon as the one we went to was top class just like this one will be. Good luck :rolleyes:

Hi Mark. Hope it all goes well for you mate. Shame i cant make this as it clashes with mine again sad.gif but not to worry. Hope to get down to another one of your do`s soon as the one we went to was top class just like this one will be. Good luck :rolleyes:

Cheers Chris, it is a shame as I am dying to get over to see you an moldie on home ground. This will be the last one till November 24th The big Anniversary event so maybe I can catch up with you in September. cheers Mark.

ps great line up by the way, should be a cracker in Farnborough to.

Edited by hold tight
Guest Bearsy

I will be coming down for this Mark and hopefully bring a few of the Medway numpties with me too, looking forward to seeing the new venue and having a chat and a beer with you too :wub: ,

A mint- Doug Banks fell on me door matt this morning :lol: what a shock that was :shades:

I will be coming down for this Mark and hopefully bring a few of the Medway numpties with me too, looking forward to seeing the new venue and having a chat and a beer with you too thumbsup.gif ,

A mint- Doug Banks fell on me door matt this morning :yes: what a shock that was :(

Am I to assume the Guyden not the Argo :P . Either way nice of the Postie to give you such a nice pressie. Will defo look forward to a beer and a chat with the medway posse. Shame I couldn't make Camber :D but I would highly recommend France and the Amiens do :D . cheers Mark.

Guest Bearsy

Am I to assume the Guyden not the Argo :( . Either way nice of the Postie to give you such a nice pressie. Will defo look forward to a beer and a chat with the medway posse. Shame I couldn't make Camber :D but I would highly recommend France and the Amiens do :yes: . cheers Mark.

No the Argo to replace the one i lost :D

good to hear France was a blast mate, worth a trip over is it :P

looking forward to Ramsgate and letting everone know too so just waitin to see who is up for it now thumbsup.gif

Am I to assume the Guyden not the Argo huh.gif . Either way nice of the Postie to give you such a nice pressie. Will defo look forward to a beer and a chat with the medway posse. Shame I couldn't make Camber :P but I would highly recommend France and the Amiens do :yes: . cheers Mark.

i have both :(

all the best for this mark

pity it clashes but its not easy these days

regards moldie

Guest Bearsy

i have both :yes:

regards moldie

bit of luck you have 2 decks then aint it :P

why didnt you tell me i could of bought one off of you :(

shame you cant make it down mate but i now why and dont worry there shall be another time thumbsup.gif

Bearsy

bit of luck you have 2 decks then aint it :(

why didnt you tell me i could of bought one off of you :(

shame you cant make it down mate but i now why and dont worry there shall be another time thumbsup.gif

Bearsy

Never mind, are you sure you didn't sit on it p*ssed up. November is looking bigger and better than ever so keep an eye out as info will start cascading out in the next week or so probably starting with the website.

i have both tongue.gif

regards moldie

Cheers for that Moldie, looking forward to the IOW and catching up with you and Chris if not before then. Same as to Bearsy keep an eye out for November 24th and I will get info and flyer to you soon. Shhhh mums the word.

Guest Bearsy

Cheers for that Moldie, looking forward to the IOW and catching up with you and Chris if not before then. Same as to Bearsy keep an eye out for November 24th and I will get info and flyer to you soon. Shhhh mums the word.

I want a room with a view laugh.gif

Very much looking forward to a trip down to the coast :wicked:

Will be sorting out me record boxes this weekend in advance, will be bringing R&B through to 80s

Will be great to catch up with you again Richard and see what other treasures you may be hiding away in the back of those boxes. I know Johnny H is looking forward to getting on the decks with you at some point.

cheers Mark.

Guest GrooveJunkies

Will be great to catch up with you again Richard and see what other treasures you may be hiding away in the back of those boxes. I know Johnny H is looking forward to getting on the decks with you at some point.

cheers Mark.

johnny h

is a member of the chuck c fan club laugh.gif ------------------ :thumbsup:

bit of luck you have 2 decks then aint it :lol: ...actually i have six

why didnt you tell me i could of bought one off of you :thumbsup: ...you need to look thru my box

shame you cant make it down mate but i now why and dont worry there shall be another time thumbsup.gif ..its a real shame that it clashes but we will all be together at the iow niter

Bearsy

Cheers for that Moldie, looking forward to the IOW and catching up with you and Chris if not before then. Same as to Bearsy keep an eye out for November 24th ( phew thought you were gonna say the 17th :thumbsup: keep 17th free as its mine and moldies 45th birthday bash. invite only and your name is down for one mate thumbsup.gif and I will get info and flyer to you soon. Shhhh mums the word.

cheers Mark.

Have had a few more nice deliveries the last couple of weeks that will be getting an airing yes.gif

Have had a few more nice deliveries the last couple of weeks that will be getting an airing :thumbsup:

hope its not your underwear thats gonna get an airing richard laugh.gif

Guest Bearsy

your more likely to get a police cell m8 :thumbsup:

as long as it has a view :lol:

just over a week to go 2 weeks to go and looking forward to a night of sweet soul from the 60s wicked.gif in sunny Ramsgate :lol:

as long as it has a view laugh.gif

just over a week to go 2 weeks to go and looking forward to a night of sweet soul from the 60s :wicked: in sunny Ramsgate :D

Hmmm, sounds like a challenge to try to get you up and dancing to a bit of 70's then :D Will have to see what we can do Dancing.gif

Edited by richard
Guest Bearsy

Hmmm, sounds like a challenge to try to get you up and dancing to a bit of 70's then :D Will have to see what we can do Dancing.gif

Richard there are plenty of 70s and 80s that get me going its Mark thats a pleasure to watch when they are playing :D

i think he is coming round though :D , Blame that JH for converting him shades.gif

Looking forward to it :wicked:

Guest GrooveJunkies

Terrific, I do like a bit of double decking

that's great Richard we can play our chuck cissels back to back :huh:

sorry mark you can't play -----yet :thumbsup:

Mark/John, what are the parking arrangements, is there a car park nearby or is it street parking?

Hi Richard.

Parking is easy. There's a huge "NETTO" sign on t'other side of the road and just 30 metres away. That is the free car park and also the best landmark for the venue - apart from the pub directly opposite of course!

See you on the decks mate - looking forward to this one. :ohmy:

Kevin

Hi Richard.

Parking is easy. There's a huge "NETTO" sign on t'other side of the road and just 30 metres away. That is the free car park and also the best landmark for the venue - apart from the pub directly opposite of course!

See you on the decks mate - looking forward to this one. :thumbup:

Kevin

Cheers Kevin, looking forward to meeting you :thumbup:

hi richard

not heard you dj since the days of morden

you impressed me back then so i know the stolen hours crowd are in for a treat

you will be at lightwater sometime in the next year...

dont worry kevin i got a spot for you too...im just not telling you where it is :thumbup:

hi richard

Very nice of you to say so Moldie, I'd be delighted to come along to Lightwater :unsure:

Very nice of you to say so Moldie, I'd be delighted to come along to Lightwater :unsure:

look fwd to meeting up again real soon m8

i wont be at stolen hours as im djing elsewhere

all the best moldie

hi richard

dont worry kevin i got a spot for you too...im just not telling you where it is :unsure:

Long as its not a soft spot thats getting harder. Oooh err missus.

Edited by hold tight

he will be upstairs at chris and my b/day party in november :thumbsup:

I don't celebrate birthdays -I've seen to many. I'm sure yours will be a most auspicious event though!

Hope it's not going to clash with "Stolen Hours" anniversary on 24th November.

A pity you can't make this night on 21st July mate, it will be a cracker!

(Which reminds me, see you on 11th August at Rushden)

I don't celebrate birthdays -I've seen to many. I'm sure yours will be a most auspicious event though!

Hope it's not going to clash with "Stolen Hours" anniversary on 24th November...its ok its on 17th nov

A pity you can't make this night on 21st July mate, it will be a cracker!..djing at farnborough soul night or we would be there

(Which reminds me, see you on 11th August at Rushden)..really looking fwd to this one..be nice to see some friendly faces there

Guest Bearsy

:thumbup: That's what you were told Bearsy, 'cos upstairs is for dancers and no one thought you'd be interested. :thumbup:

if the truth was to be known Kevin, Moldie is being a bit orrible really cos he knew the new stair lift would of been fitted by then :thumbsup:

I will be back dancing by then :thumbup:

if the truth was to be known Kevin, Moldie is being a bit orrible really cos he knew the new stair lift would of been fitted by then :lol:

I will be back dancing by then :lol:

Back dancing? Is that where you fall over and squirm about on your back? whistling.gif

Not again mate - that move of yours is getting to be old hat wicked.gif

post-8802-1184176348_thumb.jpg

Guest Bearsy

Back dancing? Is that where you fall over and squirm about on your back? whistling.gif

Not again mate - that move of yours is getting to be old hat wicked.gif

dont believe it Kev, everyone will be doing it soon :lol:

Guest GrooveJunkies

:lol: Really looking forward to this night.

For those that have only visited our previous venues - you're in for a pleasant suprise !! :lol:

sounds like you've got some new records kev rolleyes.gif:shades: LOL.......... GREAT NEW VENUE thumbsup.gif:lol:

Guest Bearsy

Bollx,

I wont be able to make it down next week Mark,

i have just been reminded that we have got this bloody weekender we are doing with all the hells angels and hot rodders,

i thought it was in a couple of weeks but as usual i f*****d up again.

it will be fun spinning Northern Soul to that lot though.

might have to take Gary`s tunes incase it all goes off when they ask for metallica and i say "metal f*****g who, f**k off"

i will call you later Mark, sorry mate :thumbsup: