Minter Or Minger?

Guest Matt Male

Guest Matt Male

Are you someone who has to own a mint copy of wants or will anything do as long as it plays ok? Do the words 'ok for DJing' satisfy you, or must it be 'NM' or 'M-' at the very least?

I'm prepared to go as low as VG- possibly :rolleyes: as long there are no jumps or so much surface noise i can't hear the vocal. Mind you i once saw a fairly cheap Art Freeman - Slippin Around, but the label was so worn and there were so many surface scratches it barely qualified as a record any more. I didn't buy it.

Minter or Minger?

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Trevski

Are you someone who has to own a mint copy of wants or will anything do as long as it plays ok? Do the words 'ok for DJing' satisfy you, or must it be 'NM' or 'M-' at the very least?

I'm prepared to go as low as VG- possibly :rolleyes: as long there are no jumps or so much surface noise i can't hear the vocal. Mind you i once saw a fairly cheap Art Freeman - Slippin Around, but the label was so worn and there were so many surface scratches it barely qualified as a record any more. I didn't buy it.

Minter or Minger?

Mint/Mint- for me, preferably, especialy with items over £100. The least I would take would be a VG+ for a really hard-to-get item and it would have to be priced accordingly. Too many VG +/- 45's around now that sellers are still asking top dollar for!

Social source share

Guest miff

Dont mind on the conditon as long as its reflected in the price. Given the choice I would go for a minter every time, but would rather have a VG Copy of a want then No copy at all

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Dont mind on the conditon as long as its reflected in the price. Given the choice I would go for a minter every time, but would rather have a VG Copy of a want then No copy at all

..My sentiments excatly. I don't mind paying top dollar for a record that I'm then never going to have to replace, and I'm quite happy to buy something I really want at VG if it's something that I've never seen before, and don't expect to see again any time soon...

Social source share

There have only ever been a couple of records I have ever regretted buying and that's been down to the poor condition. Looking back I wish i had waited for a cleaner copy to turn up.

There are always exceptions though, e.g. ultra rarities, but as stated above the condition would have to be reflected in the price.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!