Lou Washington - When We Meet Again – USA £126

Silhouettes - Not Me Baby – Goodway £604

Eula Cooper - Let Our Love Grow Higher - Super Sound £458

Marilyn Barbarin - Make It Alone – Virgil £208

Johnny Summers - I'm Still Yours - Yorktown demo £408

Little Hank - Mister Bang Bang Man - London Promo £205

Emanual Laskey - I'd Rather Leave On My Feet – DT £263

Social source share

over £250 for the Continental Showstoppers their may be another one up for sale soon.

I`ll have one please but not for tht price...

Sandy Wynns - I'll Give That To You - Simco promo £403

Sme time ago I had a mint minus WD for sale on here, ebay and on raresoulforum.co.uk @350 UKP and had not one inquiry unsure.gif Finally swapped it...

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

over £250 for the Continental Showstoppers their may be another one up for sale soon.

I know I say this every time these ending prices come out but 257 for this is barking! I bought one after asking in the wants here cos I'd missed one on eBay and I thought I'd probably paid a touch over for it but wasn't bothered.

The eBay one was 261 (dollars), I had bid 260; the one I bought off here was 150 (pounds sterling) and I got offered 3. Who on earth paid 257 for this and why? I think we should be told.

Still, if I ever sell up it will be via JM's auction for the few good bits I have. rolleyes.gif

Barking

Social source share

Guest FREEANEASY

I know I say this every time these ending prices come out but 257 for this is barking! I bought one after asking in the wants here cos I'd missed one on eBay and I thought I'd probably paid a touch over for it but wasn't bothered.

The eBay one was 261 (dollars), I had bid 260; the one I bought off here was 150 (pounds sterling) and I got offered 3. Who on earth paid 257 for this and why? I think we should be told.

Still, if I ever sell up it will be via JM's auction for the few good bits I have. :thumbsup:

Barking

I will have a guess, I Think they paid 257 for it because..they wanted it. Oh yes, lets not forget, its there hard earned money. :P

GETTING BORED WITH ALL THE, WHY, HOW MUCH, NOT WORTH THAT, HOLLIER THAN THOU BRIGADE. SHUTUP!!! :lol:

Before you say it or think it wasnt me who bought it.

Bad day at work :) But still bored with comments

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Not an expensive record but hard to find in good condition, with JMs Auction you get the record as described. Maybe the reason why it was £250+

Social source share

Not an expensive record but hard to find in good condition, with JMs Auction you get the record as described. Maybe the reason why it was £250+

This is definitely not one of those titles that is hard to find in good condition. It's for sale all the time and it's always a mint copy for sale. Records that are hard to find in good condition are ones where there's not a lot of store stock floating around. Most of the copies of this that come up for sale are from stock.

Social source share

Was thinking of selling mine but from memory the group ballad on flip is great so i will hang on to it(cont. shoestoppers).Bob you should spin flip on your show.

I actually still don't have this, one of the few "common" records I still don't have. I kept losing it 5-6 years ago when it was $40, then kept losing it at $75 a few years ago, then it went up to the $150 range, now it's even higher, like $250 (still not 250pounds though). Still comes up all the time, I always lose it...

I do have a beat up double of the jackie beavers to trade, a couple of people pm'ed me with a couple of northern non-group titles to trade, looking for a group soul record (60s-70s) to trade.

Social source share

I`ll have one please but not for tht price...

Sandy Wynns - I'll Give That To You - Simco promo £403

Sme time ago I had a mint minus WD for sale on here, ebay and on raresoulforum.co.uk @350 UKP and had not one inquiry :unsure: Finally swapped it...

I've only once been able to get 300 quid for it and I've had 3 copies - truly great record but never any takers. had to let them go at 250.

Social source share

I will have a guess, I Think they paid 257 for it because..they wanted it. Oh yes, lets not forget, its there hard earned money. :lol:

GETTING BORED WITH ALL THE, WHY, HOW MUCH, NOT WORTH THAT, HOLLIER THAN THOU BRIGADE. SHUTUP!!! :(

Bad day at work :ohmy: But still bored with comments

Well I want loads of records but I haven't got to the point of paying any silly sum for them just to have them.

As this is a forum for posting opinions can't see why mine puts me in the "holier than thou brigade" whatever that is.

Some interesting points you've made though ...... err .. sorry, no there isn't, I was wrong :unsure:

Social source share

I will have a guess, I Think they paid 257 for it because..they wanted it. Oh yes, lets not forget, its there hard earned money. :(

GETTING BORED WITH ALL THE, WHY, HOW MUCH, NOT WORTH THAT, HOLLIER THAN THOU BRIGADE. SHUTUP!!! :ohmy:

Bad day at work :unsure: But still bored with comments

It's a discussion site, if you don't want to read discussion about records then join another forum.

Most of these records auctioned go for ridiculous prices and it's logical that people will want share experiences of selling those particular records.

Social source share

Well I want loads of records but I haven't got to the point of paying any silly sum for them just to have them.

As this is a forum for posting opinions can't see why mine puts me in the "holier than thou brigade" whatever that is.

Some interesting points you've made though ...... err .. sorry, no there isn't, I was wrong :unsure:

Oh Paul do stop being so holier than thou, you big holier than thou-er :ohmy:

Social source share

Oh Paul do stop being so holier than thou, you big holier than thou-er laugh.gif

You're right Pete, I must be more humble :D

Actually the bit of that post that really is "holier than thou" is the "let's not forget" bit. Officer! I've just been patronised!

And it's still a silly price :yes:

Social source share

Guest the dukester

I actually still don't have this, one of the few "common" records I still don't have. I kept losing it 5-6 years ago when it was $40, then kept losing it at $75 a few years ago, then it went up to the $150 range, now it's even higher, like $250 (still not 250pounds though). Still comes up all the time, I always lose it...

Bid a bit more then :wicked:

I do have a beat up double of the jackie beavers to trade, a couple of people pm'ed me with a couple of northern non-group titles to trade, looking for a group soul record (60s-70s) to trade.

Social source share

The price we are willing to pay is always been an isue, i remember buying a record of Andy Spencer for £300(as far as i know that was the first time any one had payed more that £150 for any NS record). Got a phone call from dave Knight a couple of days later saying is that right you payed £300 he said its only worth £150 I said ok Dave go and get me one didnt get an answer. record in question magnetics lady in Green. That was in the days before the internet so you could not put up begging threads on the likes of sites like this like some of us do.

Social source share

The price we are willing to pay is always been an isue, i remember buying a record of Andy Spencer for £300(as far as i know that was the first time any one had payed more that £150 for any NS record). Got a phone call from dave Knight a couple of days later saying is that right you payed £300 he said its only worth £150 I said ok Dave go and get me one didnt get an answer. record in question magnetics lady in Green. That was in the days before the internet so you could not put up begging threads on the likes of sites like this like some of us do.

And a very wise investment,good on ya wink.gif

Social source share

So you're to blame for rising prices laugh.gif

The thing is, these days you can ask for records to a wide audience quite quickly, I reckon that if someone wanted a copy of the Continental Showstoppers and asked for one on here for 200 or so they would get one quite easily, so why pay 275 for one? In fact hasn't Marc Forrest done just that in the wants section?

Same for the last thing I commented on: Wade Flemons - Jeanette; that went for 428 (I think) but I reckon you get a mint one by posting up on here for not more than 350, probably less as it isn't that rare; just in-demand. In fact you might get mine for that :D

Unless its a money no object thing. If people are happy with what they have paid then fine by me but I am still surprised at some of the prices and don't see what's wrong with commenting.

I would say the example you use is a bit of a different thing, copies of the Magnetics are not that common, as you point out.

My amazement comes from the number of times I see fairly common records go for about twice what I would consider paying for them, mind you I am a Yorkshireman! :lol:

May the prices of records I own keep rising! Whilst the price of those I want falls! :lol:

Cheers

Paul

Edited by paultp
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!