Ebay Dodgy Dealers

Guest REVILOT

Guest REVILOT

I'm doing an article for On The Scene mag re Soul Collectors being ripped off / duped / conned on ebay. Any info welcome. I'm in touch with the Fraud Squad aswell so hopefully we can help resolve as many problems as possible.

We have a number of examples of dodgy dealings / bidding on friends items, leaving fake feedback etc.

If you have had any problems please get in touch.

Cheers

REVILOT

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm doing an article for On The Scene mag re Soul Collectors being ripped off / duped / conned on ebay. Any info welcome. I'm in touch with the Fraud Squad aswell so hopefully we can help resolve as many problems as possible.

We have a number of examples of dodgy dealings / bidding on friends items, leaving fake feedback etc.

Cheers

REVILOT

jeff or jeffrey sallome or similiar

belguim with a post code with a 7

hope that helps

Social source share

Guest REVILOT

Cheers

REVILOT

A few Belgium's already noted - will add this to the pile

Many thanks

Social source share

still on ebay user id lawofboca

paid 168 dollars for the velours on MGM. When it turned up it was a boot - returned the record and the seller wanted to deduct a $20 dollar 're-stocking fee' - I refused and never saw another penny (or cent ) - all factual so print it

His email address is lawofboca@aol.com as usual uncle sams finest did f*ck all when it was reported to them and visa / paypal were useless - so we exchanged negative feedback. Still, in the spirit of goodwill and just to show him there were no hard feelings I assisted him with membership to several sites other than ebay which I'm sure he will have appreciated biggrin.gif its nice to be nice after all :yes:

Edited by Mike B
Social source share

Be sure your facts are correct before going into print.

would say yes to that

Mr salamone has not popped up on ebay (that i know of) in the last 18 months

the last time he had this woman fronting it, probably a gulible girlfriend

I used paypal to pay £780 (luckily from a credit card, not balance)

he sent me 3 buddy holly records. paypal said i had recieved goods so bog off.

I got my credit card company to force a refund. As a result paypal now have a box to tick when making a claim for GOODS RECEIVED SIGNIFICANTLY AS NOT DESCRIBED. so some good came of it.

A word of warning though.

obviously his girlfriend copped the flack.

He sent me a letter and a few emails, threatening me. some quite serious, eg i hope you have plenty of fire insurance, followed by my shop address.

while this was going on, plenty of people popped up on chat sites who had been ripped with no refund.

Hes famous for trying to sell a don gardner on ebay with a scan taken from john manships book (the scan wasn't of the real record, john had it made up i believe)

so be careful, this guy is a pro.

Social source share

Guest REVILOT

Of course :boxing:

Cheers Pete

ebay name of him would be good - off line if you wish on - soulcity@btinternet.com

Social source share

This guy is one of the worst on Ebay - rude, obnoxious, and has 105 negative feedbacks but is still allowed to trade.

He sent me a marv johnson - with all thats in me, which hissed on both sides for the first 30 seconds, when I complained he said "what do you expect from a 40 years old record"? Well I expect it play properly you tw*t.

The name is of course Thuds and go check this link out

https://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=thud...by&ref=home

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!