100th All-dayer At The Nottingham Palais

Guest gibber

Guest gibber

Went to fix my exhaust the other day and bumped in to another couple in the waiting room .

I recognised them and they interned recognised me , got talking like you do and ending up realising we know each other from the scene years ago . Even found out we were on the same coach to 100 th All-dayer at the Nottingam Palais

Got me thinking how much I enjoyed that all dayer and the coach trip itself with the likes of Paul packer and Paul Hatfield with the Blown up Durex Display. biggrin.gif

Anybody go to it from soul source?

Still got the black patch somewhere.

Edited by gibber
Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Byrney

Yeah I did, got small tin badge (same as the patch) from it somewhere (read as lost). Can't remember owt about it though as I was but a wee young laddy back then :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest gibber

Yeah I did, got small tin badge (same as the patch) from it somewhere (read as lost). Can't remember owt about it though as I was but a wee young laddy back then tongue.gif

Thanks for the reply Byrney . For a minute paranoia had set in and I thought I had dreamed the whole thing. biggrin.gif

Young lad at the time myself

I always seemed to remember this particular all-dayer for some reason .

Social source share

Guest southpaw

Yeah I did, got small tin badge (same as the patch) from it somewhere (read as lost). Can't remember owt about it though as I was but a wee young laddy back then tongue.gif

Hiya Byrney Alan (pickles) here yes went to this one with a mate no longer with us Shippo RIP infact went to a few good dayers there wink.gif

Social source share

Guest Byrney

Hiya Byrney Alan (pickles) here yes went to this one with a mate no longer with us Shippo RIP infact went to a few good dayers there wink.gif

Hello Pickles, yeah remember seeing you and Col at the Palais, both regular faces, I think that's where I got to know you. Couldnt really miss the pair of ya smile.gif

Social source share

Guest Byrney

I did and have the patch somewhere too, but I can't remember owt about it, how long ago was it?

1980?

I can remember all the mob from my home town (Eastwood) had ditched the scene by this time, sure I went on my own to this one. :thumbup:

Social source share

Hiya Byrney Alan (pickles) here yes went to this one with a mate no longer with us Shippo RIP infact went to a few good dayers there :thumbup:

Now then Pickles. How you doin?

I'm pretty sure I went to this as well - with some lads from Mablethorpe. You and Colin used to knock around with us for a bit - Palais, Cleethorpes Winter Gardens etc.

Do you recall the trip in the back of a van back to Mablethorpe after one of the Cleethorpes nighters - I seem to recall that it wasn't a good trip for you!

Peter

:thumbup:

Social source share

Guest gibber

1980?

I can remember all the mob from my home town (Eastwood) had ditched the scene by this time, sure I went on my own to this one. :unsure:

Remember it as 1980 .

. The coach was full when we went from ST Ives and Huntingdon

Had to go on my own when JR walker appeared here ,everybody else had moved on .

Social source share

Went to fix my exhaust the other day and bumped in to another couple in the waiting room .

I recognised them and they interned recognised me , got talking like you do and ending up realising we know each other from the scene years ago . Even found out we were on the same coach to 100 th All-dayer at the Nottingam Palais

Got me thinking how much I enjoyed that all dayer and the coach trip itself with the likes of Paul packer and Paul Hatfield with the Blown up Durex Display. :lol:

Hi Benny, how ya doin mate?

Never went to dayer there myself but did go to a few nighters there in the mid 80's I seem to recall. Really enjoyed it too. Seem to remember Dave Thorley waking me up from a 4a.m 'slump' on more than one occasion with some 'triffic' choons (or was it all a dream? :unsure: )

Social source share

Guest gibber

Hi Benny, how ya doin mate?

Never went to dayer there myself but did go to a few nighters there in the mid 80's I seem to recall. Really enjoyed it too. Seem to remember Dave Thorley waking me up from a 4a.m 'slump' on more than one occasion with some 'triffic' choons (or was it all a dream? :thumbup: )

Just fine mate .

Hope you are well . ?

Went to the all-nighters myself.

Remember Steve doing the soul nights and then if you wanted to go to the all-nighter (different promoter I think . ) go back in . :thumbsup:

Early 80s i think

andy

Social source share

Guest southpaw

Now then Pickles. How you doin?

I'm pretty sure I went to this as well - with some lads from Mablethorpe. You and Colin used to knock around with us for a bit - Palais, Cleethorpes Winter Gardens etc.

Do you recall the trip in the back of a van back to Mablethorpe after one of the Cleethorpes nighters - I seem to recall that it wasn't a good trip for you!

Peter

:thumbsup:

Hiya mate, I can recall many bad trips in the back of shippo's van due to comedowns :thumbsup: but the good times we had far out way the bad ones :thumbsup: do you still see any of the Mablethorpe lads often wonder what there up to these days saw Kev Thomas & a few of them at Shippo's funneral, hope your all keeping well :thumbsup:

Alan

Social source share

Hiya mate, I can recall many bad trips in the back of shippo's van due to comedowns :thumbsup: but the good times we had far out way the bad ones :thumbsup: do you still see any of the Mablethorpe lads often wonder what there up to these days saw Kev Thomas & a few of them at Shippo's funneral, hope your all keeping well :thumbup:

Alan

Hi Alan

I met up with Terry on Friday at Cleethorpes Pier - had a great night. Finished up in Browns cafe for breakfast - just like the old days. Although I didn't eat brekky in the old days! :yes: I left Mablethorpe years ago - been in Notts nearly twenty years. There's only really Terry and me who still get out to do's. Rob Mellors now lives in Thailand, Dave and Caroline don't go out and I ain't seen anyone else for years. I've not been back to Mablethorpe since my mum passed away a few years ago.

You're right mate - we had some wicked times!

Nice to hear from you.

Best

Peter :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!