Group Records / Brooklyn-born

Got a message from ebay (loss prevention department) advising me to contact an ebay seller from which I recently purchased 2 records off (Voice Masters, Equators...2 early Motown 45s).

Ebay have closed them down and said I should take action to get my money back (I paid via paypal)...i'm really at a loss as to what to do, I only won them last week!

Anyone else had anything off them lately, they had a good listing last week on ebay which included Temptations - Mother Of Mine (Miracle), Eddie Ray (Prix) and Royal Esquires (Prix)... from memory.

Proprieter is Mamie Glattino, email grouprecords@aol.com. (got a feeling their address is listed as 'Sin City'). Tried emailing them several times, no answers yet!

Basically, I can't claim cause the items no longer exist!! Can I claim straight from Paypal then?

Just wondered who else has received this kind of message from ebay....????

John

Social source share

• Replies 50
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Got a message from ebay (loss prevention department) advising me to contact an ebay seller from which I recently purchased 2 records off (Voice Masters, Equators...2 early Motown 45s).

Ebay have closed them down and said I should take action to get my money back (I paid via paypal)...i'm really at a loss as to what to do, I only won them last week!

Anyone else had anything off them lately, they had a good listing last week on ebay which included Temptations - Mother Of Mine (Miracle), Eddie Ray (Prix) and Royal Esquires (Prix)... from memory.

Proprieter is Mamie Glattino, email grouprecords@aol.com. (got a feeling their address is listed as 'Sin City'). Tried emailing them several times, no answers yet!

Basically, I can't claim cause the items no longer exist!! Can I claim straight from Paypal then?

Just wondered who else has received this kind of message from ebay....????

John

Hi John bought stuff off them in the past no problem mamie and jo have always been spot on can't think what has happened always responded to e-mails good luck Paul

Social source share

Guest Budgie

Hi,

Don't know what's going on but I've had dealings with them with no problems then suddenly I received 2 records of them last week with their usual quick service and payment by paypal.I was waiting for 2 more from later but yesterday had 4 messages about them.No sign of them on ebay and nothing gone from my paypal account.

I'm going to email them direct to find out what's the story.

Has you paypal account been debited to them ?

Pete

Social source share

Guest Trevski

ive recently had to file a claim through paypal against this seller, never recieved the record, his other ebay account "brooklyn-born" has also been closed down, had loads of negative feedbacks for items not recieved

Brooklyn born, aka Ritchie Rozens, rip-off, bootlegger, in my book :thumbsup: Know a few people who have met him, and warned me not to have dealings with them. Been threads on here in the past about them too. Apparently his shop was well known for a box of Northern on the counter in the most knackered G- states, at top dollar!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Hi,

Don't know what's going on but I've had dealings with them with no problems then suddenly I received 2 records of them last week with their usual quick service and payment by paypal.I was waiting for 2 more from later but yesterday had 4 messages about them.No sign of them on ebay and nothing gone from my paypal account.

I'm going to email them direct to find out what's the story.

Has you paypal account been debited to them ?

Pete

Yes, 2 items were paid via my paypal account. So I suppose if it all goes tits up I can claim off paypal?

Gotta give them a chance first though, they may have been suspended from ebay because they listed a dodgy item (ie. Madonna promo etc).

E-mailed them 3 times so far, no answer.

Social source share

Brooklyn born, aka Ritchie Rozens, rip-off, bootlegger, in my book :D Know a few people who have met him, and warned me not to have dealings with them. Been threads on here in the past about them too. Apparently his shop was well known for a box of Northern on the counter in the most knackered G- states, at top dollar!

the seller is Joe Giattino, he's not Rich Rosen, although they deal with each other.

Social source share

ive recently had to file a claim through paypal against this seller, never recieved the record, his other ebay account "brooklyn-born" has also been closed down, had loads of negative feedbacks for items not recieved

Group records is mamie and joe giattino, brooklyn-born is ritchie rozens two seperate sellers Paul

Edited by P5OULH
Social source share

Group records is mamie and joe giattino, brooklyn-born is ritchie rozens two seperate sellers Paul

i think they are both the same, delt with both of them in the past....same paypal address, also look at listings for royal esquires, exactly the same

Edited by soulman1964
Social source share

i think they are both the same, delt with both of them in the past....same paypal address, also look at listings for royal esquires, exactly the same

Joe & Richie are big buddies.

They both sell 'each others' stock.

Spoke to Joe on Richie's Phone... so they are not one and the same person (although you never actually SEE them in the one place at the one time :D ).

Richie is one of the USA's most 'respected' Record dealers.

Loves the high life... but a bit of a pain in the ass (IMO).

All the Prix estate ended up with them and the Frederick Hymes 45's came from them also.

The store in Vegas is all top Dollar. You get the impression he doesn't actually want to sell anything... but he does have some very nice titles.

Would be surprised if they've 'ceased operations' online voluntarily though!

Sean

Social source share

Spoke to Joe on Richie's Phone... so they are not one and the same person (although you never actually SEE them in the one place at the one time :D ).

All the Prix estate ended up with them and the Frederick Hymes 45's came from them also.

The store in Vegas is all top Dollar. You get the impression he doesn't actually want to sell anything... but he does have some very nice titles.

Sean

Just to clarify this thread, though, brooklyn-born and grouprecords ARE one and the same, and they're both Joe G., who is, however, a different person than Rich R.

Social source share

Update:

Got an e-mail at last off Mamie & Joe this morning, apparently they owe some funds to ebay and are suspended until paid up. They have promised all records will go out on Friday.

Interesting about the Prix stuff Sean, the Joe King & Eddie Ray are 2 brilliant tunes!!

John

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Well...put a claim in against Group records via Paypal as 'Not Received'....and Paypal have just sent me an e-mail saying they "have not been able to recover funds from the seller's account".

I then get another seperate message from them saying..."Based on Paypal's definition of significantly not-as-described, this claim does not qualify for a refund. We found the seller to have accurately represented the item(s) in question"

What the F***! I claimed as NOT RECEIVED!

I reckon because the seller (grouprecords) is no longer on ebay as a registered user, paypal can't be arsed to find him and given me this load of old crap, trying to make out the claim was for something else hoping i'll go away...

thing is, I can't find a phone number for Paypal so I can give them some abuse....anyone know how to contact them without e-mailing as that's a waste of time.

Also, I have put a claim in with my credit card (Goldfish Visa)...will this work?

Social source share

Guest pinkyperky

Well...put a claim in against Group records via Paypal as 'Not Received'....and Paypal have just sent me an e-mail saying they "have not been able to recover funds from the seller's account".

I then get another seperate message from them saying..."Based on Paypal's definition of significantly not-as-described, this claim does not qualify for a refund. We found the seller to have accurately represented the item(s) in question"

I reckon because the seller (grouprecords) is no longer on ebay as a registered user, paypal can't be arsed to find him and given me this load of old crap, trying to make out the claim was for something else hoping i'll go away...

thing is, I can't find a phone number for Paypal so I can give them some abuse....anyone know how to contact them without e-mailing as that's a waste of time.

Also, I have put a claim in with my credit card (Goldfish Visa)...will this work?

08707 307 191 is paypals number

Social source share

They did this to me as well. So I sent a comment via their 'email us' link, got no response, then I sent another, angrier email, no response, finally as a last gesture I told them to f*ck off and shove their company up their collective arses, a few hours later I got a phone call from a representive who explained exactly why they couldn't refund my money - and yes, it's because the user was no longer registered with ebay. So much for safe secure transactions then.

Social source share

They did this to me as well. So I sent a comment via their 'email us' link, got no response, then I sent another, angrier email, no response, finally as a last gesture I told them to f*ck off and shove their company up their collective arses, a few hours later I got a phone call from a representive who explained exactly why they couldn't refund my money - and yes, it's because the user was no longer registered with ebay. So much for safe secure transactions then.

Do you know what Pete....You've got a talent for making people feel so much better!!!! :D:thumbsup::D

It's the old...'It hasn't just happened to me then'.

Thanks for that buddy. :P

Social source share

G, day ,mate had it happen to me a while back gave up on it, but once a claim is in and hopefully he try 's to re - register in the future he as to sort the problem out. In my case he sold me a mint Eddie foster for 100 us so all is not lost cobber & good luck with it john in da sun

Social source share

G, day ,mate had it happen to me a while back gave up on it, but once a claim is in and hopefully he try 's to re - register in the future he as to sort the problem out. In my case he sold me a mint Eddie foster for 100 us so all is not lost cobber & good luck with it john in da sun

Seems he's been at it on a larger scale than I thought :thumbsup:

Time will catch up with these kinds of people!

Luckily, it was'nt a great deal of cash on my part but that's definitely not the point!

Like your last listened to clip by the way, been after a copy of it on Lanor for a while after letting the other version go (Willie Mallory).

Thanks for your kind words.

Social source share

SIMILAR THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME WITH THESE PEOPLE, WON A RECORD FOR 35 QUID THEN GOT THE SAME EMAILS/LETTERS. STARTED A DISPUTE, THEN A CLAIM WHICH WAS AWARDED IN MY FAVOUR BUT PAYPAL FOBBED ME OFF WI 15 QUID MORE OR LESS TELLING ME THAT I WAS LUCKY AND THAT THE CASE WAS NOW CLOSED wanker.gif 'S.

BRI.

Social source share

SIMILAR THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME WITH THESE PEOPLE, WON A RECORD FOR 35 QUID THEN GOT THE SAME EMAILS/LETTERS. STARTED A DISPUTE, THEN A CLAIM WHICH WAS AWARDED IN MY FAVOUR BUT PAYPAL FOBBED ME OFF WI 15 QUID MORE OR LESS TELLING ME THAT I WAS LUCKY AND THAT THE CASE WAS NOW CLOSED wanker.gif 'S.

BRI.

This 'Paypal Buyer Protection' lark is a load of old bollocks! They surely know that, after all the claims against, this guy's a crook. Why won't/can't they do something about it? After all, it's theft!

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Joe's an okay guy, never had a problem with him over all the years I have dealt with him, he's even purchased records off US dealers selling on ebay for me because they only sell within the US. Speak to him quite often, problem from his end seems to be UK purchaser buying records then claimimg they haven't been sent them to get there money back via paypal. 2-sides to every story and I can sure relate to UK purchaser claiming they haven't received record then claim off paypal it's happened to me even though I could prove it had been signed for, Paypal still took the money back. For people who haven't dealt with him, maybe it's best not to comment as it's just your opinion and not fact. All the records I have had off him have been in Mint condition so again I suggest the 'G' grade doesn't come from fact and as people have already mixed up names I suggest they keep there opinions to themselves unless it's based on personal experience.

Social source share

Joe's an okay guy, never had a problem with him over all the years I have dealt with him, he's even purchased records off US dealers selling on ebay for me because they only sell within the US. Speak to him quite often, problem from his end seems to be UK purchaser buying records then claimimg they haven't been sent them to get there money back via paypal. 2-sides to every story and I can sure relate to UK purchaser claiming they haven't received record then claim off paypal it's happened to me even though I could prove it had been signed for, Paypal still took the money back. For people who haven't dealt with him, maybe it's best not to comment as it's just your opinion and not fact. All the records I have had off him have been in Mint condition so again I suggest the 'G' grade doesn't come from fact and as people have already mixed up names I suggest they keep there opinions to themselves unless it's based on personal experience.

I have had records from them in the past too, not a problem.

The person in question here is 'Mamie Giattino', not sure of his relation to Joe, I have even had a personal letter from him and an e-mail admitting he hasn't sent any records. He has my (and others by all account) money, if he's an ok guy why doesn't he refund me via paypal or send me the records....it's simple really!

Do you know Mamie, Netspeaky? If so, next time you speak to him, ask him what his intentions are, I'd be grateful mate.

Anyway, thanks for your comments, I just hope the problem is resolved soon. Believe me when I say that I have had some PM's regarding this guy/grouprecords through this forum, none of it is too good, I hope, for his sake that he comes up trumps.

John

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
I would guess that Mamie is female - probably Joes Wife?
It is Joe's wife, I'll drop him a line to see what he says, like I've said never had a problem, records have always arrived in time and in great condition.
Social source share

I have claimed back on my visa card a couple of times for stuff not received which was paid for through paypal and have got a refund everytime. Paypal themselves are a f***ing disgrace - never ever pay for anything through paypal unless you use a credit card that gives you buyer protection.

Visa should come through for you John

Cheers

Mike

That's great news Mike!

Social source share

I'm in a similar situation - won one of the Prix 45s cheap, seller got kicked off ebay. Filed claim with paypal, who refunded £7 of my £22, saying they keep £15 as a processing fee - tossers. They assure me they WILL refund this when they get THEIR money back from the seller...

...about a month later I've had an email from Joe and Mamie saying they'll send the record out, and asking to me to drop any claim with paypal if I've filed one. Which I already have, and has been, ahem, "settled". I'll let you know if the 45 ever shows up. I've bought quite a few titles in the past, so am hopeful it'll work itself out.

Social source share

Spoke to Joe on Richie's Phone... so they are not one and the same person (although you never actually SEE them in the one place at the one time :thumbsup: ).

Sean

As I have gone on so many times about the Frederick Hymes- Im sure youll tell me to shut up but it was this person who emailed me and told me he was dealing with leading dealers in uk but would not name them direct and in a nutshell said the Frederick hymes were pressed up with permission! This email I received was about 3 years ago.

Social source share

I know this is off track but wanted to echo Pete.

I bought MP3 player on Ebay /paid by paypal. The item didnt come so I put in a claim. The seller then sends a faulty one and tells ebay & paypal and shows them a proof of postage. Paypal then cancel my claim saying I had received the item. When I told them it was faulty they said I could not claim as my original claim was because the item had not arrived. F***ing useless they are!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

There is a seller on ebay at the moment, also from Las Vegas, member since 2001, with only 4 feedback left. Dunno if this could possibly be same seller, but listing Royal Esquires amongst others. Just seemed strange to me so soon after someones account was closed? Sellers name is MISCHINO, might be worth asking questions before bidding. Hopefully it's not related, but better safe than sorry.

Social source share

There is a seller on ebay at the moment, also from Las Vegas, member since 2001, with only 4 feedback left. Dunno if this could possibly be same seller, but listing Royal Esquires amongst others. Just seemed strange to me so soon after someones account was closed? Sellers name is MISCHINO, might be worth asking questions before bidding. Hopefully it's not related, but better safe than sorry.

Mmmmm....(rubbing chin)...

Social source share

ive bought loads of stuff from this couple and never had a problem and always had great communication :( ..maybe they are stuck in that awful place and its happened to members on here where their ebay and paypal account has been frozen for some jumped up reason rolleyes.gif .........

cookie :(

Social source share

ive bought loads of stuff from this couple and never had a problem and always had great communication :( ..maybe they are stuck in that awful place and its happened to members on here where their ebay and paypal account has been frozen for some jumped up reason rolleyes.gif .........

cookie :(

SAME HERE, BOUGHT RECORDS, NO PROBLEM, WHAT SPECIFICALLY WAS YOUR PROBLEM.?

SHEEP

Social source share

I was owed about $700 from Joe for about a year. I finally was able to collect almost all of it about 6 months ago in quantity titles. He did make good on most of it. I talked to a buddy of mine who told me multiple stories of people here in the States that have had problems with him. I don't want to go into the details here but it did not reflect well on him. It's a shame cause I used to get some good stuff from him.

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
I was owed about $700 from Joe for about a year. I finally was able to collect almost all of it about 6 months ago in quantity titles. He did make good on most of it. I talked to a buddy of mine who told me multiple stories of people here in the States that have had problems with him. I don't want to go into the details here but it did not reflect well on him. It's a shame cause I used to get some good stuff from him.
I have spent 1000's of $'s over a number of years with Joe and never had a problem.
Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

I have dealt with Joe for a number of years, spent 1000's of $'s with him and never had a problem. Why is this thread running here when there is one already running in All About Soul, about this topic?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!