More Help For Kent, Please

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Morning all,

Again I fine myself coming cap in hand to the SS collective for some info that will help Kent (hopefully) release am upcoming project of the Vibrations Okeh and Epic recordings (including unissued's!).

Basically I need to know some info on a few tracks where I couldn't lay my hands on my own 45s. I don't need the same info on each track, but what I need to know I've put in brackets after the titles. I'm sure that Roger 45cellar will be able to help (in numerous configurations!) if no-one else can!

Anyway, here's the tracks I'm missing a little info on, with the info I'm missing shown after the title, as stated above.

Epic 10418 - I Took An Overdose (running time/arranger if shown)

Okeh 7276 - You Better Beware (running time/arranger if shown)

Okeh 7228 - If You Only Knew (running time)

I repeat that I have all the other info I need (producers etc) on these tracks and on everything else that;s going to be included.

I can chuck a couple of Kent CDs at the first person who comes up with the info, and of course they will also get their name on the CD booklet and will receive a copy of it when it comes out!

Off you go, then - and thanks in advance!

TONE

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Morning all,

Again I fine myself coming cap in hand to the SS collective for some info that will help Kent (hopefully) release am upcoming project of the Vibrations Okeh and Epic recordings (including unissued's!).

Basically I need to know some info on a few tracks where I couldn't lay my hands on my own 45s. I don't need the same info on each track, but what I need to know I've put in brackets after the titles. I'm sure that Roger 45cellar will be able to help (in numerous configurations!) if no-one else can!

Anyway, here's the tracks I'm missing a little info on, with the info I'm missing shown after the title, as stated above.

I repeat that I have all the other info I need (producers etc) on these tracks and on everything else that;s going to be included.

I can chuck a couple of Kent CDs at the first person who comes up with the info, and of course they will also get their name on the CD booklet and will receive a copy of it when it comes out!

TONE

If You Only Knew running time 2.35

Social source share

Cheers, Pete - one down, two to go!

The sad thing is, I haven't got or have never found an official Vibrations cd, that came from the Marginal release "Vibrations - Great Soul Hits" from 1997. Funny they left of This Heart Of Mine and Cause You're Mine.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

HI TONY,

TIME # 2.22

ARRANGER # JOE THOMAS

PRODUCED BY # MANNY KELLEM

JOE.

Top notch - Cheers, Joe. If you want to PM me with your address I'll send you a couple of recent Ace/Kent CDs for your help. Pete, you better let me know what you want, too...

Only one to go now - surely someone out there must have a handy copy of 'Cause you're mine' that they can flip over and glean the details of "I Took An Overdose" for me?

Ta again, guys....

TONE

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

ITAO

2:12

Arranged by Richard Rome

Produced by Gamble-Huff

Cheers, Simon - PM me with your addy and I'll chuck a couple of Kent goodies at you!

Thanks again to all who helped, and so quickly too!

TONE

Social source share

Morning all,

TONE

Epic_5-10418b.jpg

Okeh_4-7276b_DJ.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!