Rex Garvin - Queen Of The Gogo / The Other Man

I just got a batch of 45s from the US and one of them is Rex Garvin's "Queen Of The Gogo" on the Canterbury label. Is it a bootleg? Wasn't it issued on Tower originally? :lol: The fact that the package came from the US got me a bit confused. :) The Canterbury issue is mentioned in the SoulfulKindaMusic discography. Can anyone please enlighten me. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I just got a batch of 45s from the US and one of them is Rex Garvin's "Queen Of The Gogo" on the Canterbury label. Is it a bootleg? Wasn't it issued on Tower originally? :lol: The fact that the package came from the US got me a bit confused. :) The Canterbury issue is mentioned in the SoulfulKindaMusic discography. Can anyone please enlighten me. :thumbsup:

Yep i would say defo bootleg...sound quality is very poor almost tinny in comparasion to the Tower original..same as Four Larks also booted on Canterbury

Social source share

I just got a batch of 45s from the US and one of them is Rex Garvin's "Queen Of The Gogo" on the Canterbury label. Is it a bootleg? Wasn't it issued on Tower originally? :( The fact that the package came from the US got me a bit confused. :ohmy: The Canterbury issue is mentioned in the SoulfulKindaMusic discography. Can anyone please enlighten me. :unsure:

Booted on Canterbury in the 70's, I will scan It when I can find it, Original on Tower.

Social source share

EARLY 70's BOOT

=====

just put this on my latest CD comp and was listening to the words of the song and the first line is 'shes in the pub almost every night'....must have been some sort of chick!!!

great oldie i think was a torch play dave evison used to play alot ..

canterbury defo a boot!

gloria jones was also booted on this label..

Social source share

=====

just put this on my latest CD comp and was listening to the words of the song and the first line is 'shes in the pub almost every night'....must have been some sort of chick!!!

great oldie i think was a torch play dave evison used to play alot ..

canterbury defo a boot!

gloria jones was also booted on this label..

"She's in the CLUB almost every night" (no pubs in the US in the 60s)

Definitely some sort of chick!!!!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Booted on Canterbury in the 70's, I will scan It when I can find it, Original on Tower.

Found it, as promised here's the Canterbury BOOT

----------------* BOOT *

Canterbury_C-129-A.jpg

----------------* BOOT *

Original on Tower, as already stated.

Tower_374a.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!