sepia

• Replies 14
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

can any1 put up scans of boot & original off the 1011 the fat man/st lawrence.

i have manships book,but he says something different from the picture on his site.

thanks in asdvance

Original is "bat man".

Social source share

i have manships book,but he says something different from the picture on his site.

thanks in asdvance

My 'Batman At Go-Go' has address under St Lawrence logo. 4849 North Western Avenue

Chicago Illinois 60625. Came from Soul Bowl in '70s. They only had a very small quantity. By

then, 'Working' was seen as a good-oldie, maybe even played-out. So although the

Batmans' proceeded in the Catalogue as I remember they didn't come on to the scene until

well after 'Working' was already a big record. The arrival of the 'Batmans' was seen as a bit of

a collector's curiosity item. Sorry no scan at work Ridds. When's your next night, I'm keen to

come up.

Social source share

My 'Batman At Go-Go' has address under St Lawrence logo. 4849 North Western Avenue

Chicago Illinois 60625. Came from Soul Bowl in '70s. They only had a very small quantity. By

then, 'Working' was seen as a good-oldie, maybe even played-out. So although the

Batmans' proceeded in the Catalogue as I remember they didn't come on to the scene until

well after 'Working' was already a big record. The arrival of the 'Batmans' was seen as a bit of

a collector's curiosity item. Sorry no scan at work Ridds. When's your next night, I'm keen to

come up.

Hi

All three copies that I have came from Soul Bowl too.

Thanks for the Info regarding when discovered / played.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

thanks in asdvance

Don't have any scans unfortunately, but as I recall facsimile bootlegs of "Working At The Go Go" (and also Mamie Galore and Johnny Sayles I think) were produced that were almost identical to the originals, except the label colouring was noticeably greyer/grainier as though photocopied, and more significantly, the edge of the record was cut 'sharp' rather than bevelled slightly.

"Batman At The Go Go" was thought to be Demo only until fairly recently. Both spellings were advertised on club playlists (in B&S etc.) when the record was huge, back in mid-1973, along with the more popular instrumental flipside.

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Don't have any scans unfortunately, but as I recall facsimile bootlegs of "Working At The Go Go" (and also Mamie Galore and Johnny Sayles I think) were produced that were almost identical to the originals, except the label colouring was noticeably greyer/grainier as though photocopied, and more significantly, the edge of the record was cut 'sharp' rather than bevelled slightly.

"Batman At The Go Go" was thought to be Demo only until fairly recently. Both spellings were advertised on club playlists (in B&S etc.) when the record was huge, back in mid-1973, along with the more popular instrumental flipside.

Thanks for that, on a similar subject, one thing that I haven't seen is a DEMO for "Working At The Go Go" / "The Fat Man".

Anyone know if they are Stock Copy only, surely there must be a St Lawrence 1011 DEMO, it's just I haven't seen one ..... Yet!

Hopefully someone will post one as I've often wondered.

In addition, whereas "Robin At The Go Go" and "Working At The Go Go"

Obviously kept the same Matrix. (Being Instrumental) 20088

"Batman At The Go Go" has 20087

"The Fat Man" has 20091

According to a recent post, they had to reissue and remaster

for copyright reasons. (i.e. "Batman" & "Robin" reference)

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

• 8 years later...

That's right,  I have the original of 1011  Butch Baker with a nice quaility label, and also a poor looking grainy label  bootleg copy of 1011.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!