Royal Mail Broke My Records

Guest woolie mark

Guest woolie mark

i recently bought a couple of 7" off rob grant.....lovely time

my postman snapped both of them clean through.....not lovely time

i filled in the complaints/compensation form on the royal mail web-site and prepared myself for a row, they were very well packaged and almost impossible to break without extreme force

i couldn't believe it - i got a cheque for what i paid rob in the post in under a week (only £25, but it's the principle :yes: )

anyway, what do you do? i've been sending/receiving records for about 25 years and this was the first time i had ever had anything broken, it's made me nervous about ordering by post and i'm worrying about whether i should start paying for insurance or special deliveries

ADVICE PLEASE CHAVS AND CHAVESSES :thumbsup:

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I received a broken record sent special delivery costing 90 quid with insurance up to 250.

After the claim was put in the post office inspected the packaging and decide it was so good it was impossible for the record to break so they wouldn't pay out. :yes:

They did say sorry and sent me a book of stamps :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Marcelle

:thumbsup:

link

:thumbsup: now us here in the north use the best tried amd trusted mode of transport.... pidgeons... best things is they always come back home :wicked:

Social source share

:thumbsup: now us here in the north use the best tried amd trusted mode of transport.... pidgeons... best things is they always come back home  :wicked:

link

wink.gif Be a 'kin big pidgeon if it were a double L.P. :thumbsup:

Social source share

A good friend of ours sent us a record as a wedding present.

And of course he used Royal Mail as the means of getting it to us.

Well, the postman knocked and i went to answer the door......

JUST IN TIME TO SEE HIM BENDING IT NEARLY IN HALF TO GET IT TO FIT THROUGH THE LETTER BOX!!!!!!!!!

...... ?????????? !!!

Loads,

Joan

Social source share

A good friend of ours sent us a record as a wedding present.

And of course he used Royal Mail as the means of getting it to us.

Well, the postman knocked and i went to answer the door......

JUST IN TIME TO SEE HIM BENDING IT NEARLY IN HALF TO GET IT TO FIT THROUGH THE LETTER BOX!!!!!!!!!

...... ?????????? !!!

Loads,

Joan

link

Social source share

THEY AIN'T POSTMEN & WOMEN ANYMORE THEY ARE "SERVICE DELIVERY OFFICERS" . MY OWN "SDO" * HAS BEEN STICKING OUR MAIL THROUGH A DOOR THREEQUARTERS OF A MILE AWAY ! BUT GIVE THE POOR LAD HIS DUE THEY BOTH HAD "23" ON THEM !

* MAKES A NICE ANAGRAM OF "SOD"

Edited by consdad
Social source share

ROYAL MAIL LOST MY RECORDS....

110 quid's worth of Jimmy Guilford :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ROYAL MAIL TEMPORARILY LOST MY RECORDS....

Took 10 weeks for "Party time man" to arrive.... From London! ....and then it turned out to be a boot!! :wicked:

Took 6 weeks for Ed Crook to arrive :P

Payed special delivery from States ($39) on a rather expensive item, and it still took 2 weeks! laugh.gif

ROYAL MAIL ARE TOO BLOODY IMPATIENT....

They knock once then bugger off, and I have to travel to the post office to pick the b*stard things up! :P

Arrrgh!! :Plaugh.gif

Billy :Pwave.gif

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

ROYAL MAIL LOST MY RECORDS....

110 quid's worth of Jimmy Guilford :thumbsup::P

ROYAL MAIL TEMPORARILY LOST MY RECORDS....

Took 10 weeks for "Party time man" to arrive.... From London! ....and then it turned out to be a boot!! :P

Took 6 weeks for Ed Crook to arrive :wicked:

Payed special delivery from States ($39) on a rather expensive item, and it still took 2 weeks! wicked.gif

ROYAL MAIL ARE TOO BLOODY IMPATIENT....

They knock once then bugger off, and I have to travel to the post office to pick the b*stard things up! hypo.gif

Arrrgh!! :Phypo.gif

Billy :thumbsup::P

link

That's the worst-my postie has learnt from his experience of not hanging around for me to answer. He even looks out for me now when he's finished my street to see if I've come back since he put the card through.

The other thing tho-how do you decide when to pay special delivery or not? If it's a really expensive record...if so where do you draw the line? And some countries don't even do special delivery I believe. I'd be reluctant to trust normal post from the States for anything too expensive, I have to say. They know all about rare soul records at the US Postal Service!!

Social source share

Guest mickmac

Bought a copy of Major Lance, You don't want me no more off ebay, from vendor in the states. He sent it over via United States Postal Service and I paid the extra insurance, as cost about 250 dollars. The package arrived in Ireland, where I was living, and the courier attepted to deliver it, but I was working away at the time. I got in touch with the courier who said they would deliver it a few days later. This went on for some 4 months each time the courier promising they would deliver the package. They eventually came clean and said they lost it. I then got back in touch with the guy who sold me the record and explained the situation, so he put the claim in for the lost record. Despite numerous attempts and emails to the US postal service all I have had back in 4 years is an automated generic email stating that they had recieved the emails I had sent.

I can only conclude that the USpostal service is just an ignorant rip off merchant, so beware if you are thinking of insuring a package with them.

Social source share

The other thing tho-how do you decide when to pay special delivery or not?  If it's a really expensive record...if so where do you draw the line? And some countries don't even do special delivery I believe.  I'd be reluctant to trust normal post from the States for anything too expensive,  I have to say. They know all about rare soul records at the US Postal Service!!

link

Normally I wouldn't use Special Deliivery, even for the expensive ones (usually recorded or insured are fine), but I wanted it here quick as I was Djing on the Saturday where as it was posted on the Monday. The service I used was the quickest international post available - 5 days at the most I was told - it took 16 days.... :thumbup:

Social source share

i recently bought a couple of 7" off rob grant.....lovely time

my postman snapped both of them clean through.....not lovely time

i filled in the complaints/compensation form on the royal mail web-site and prepared myself for a row, they were very well packaged and almost impossible to break without extreme force

i couldn't believe it - i got a cheque for what i paid rob in the post in under a week (only £25, but it's the principle :thumbup:   )

anyway, what do you do?  i've been sending/receiving records for about 25 years and this was the first time i had ever had anything broken, it's made me nervous about ordering by post and i'm worrying about whether i should start paying for insurance or special deliveries

ADVICE PLEASE CHAVS AND CHAVESSES thumbsup.gif

link

Kin ell, only just read your post - that's a shocker.

What were they mate, and how did he manage to break them ?

Mail me on robgrant@blueyonder.co.uk if you want

Rob.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!