The Two New Kent Cds And One From Numero Group

Have been listening to them all day yesterday and this entire morning and just have to say that they are absolutely superb. :yes:

Not only does both include brilliant music from beginning to end, but they've also got some seriously top notch liner notes written by Tony Rounce and well designed booklets. Lovely! thumbsup.gif

cdkend279_0.gifcdkend280_0.gif

I'm also listening a lot to Numero Group's latest "Eccentric Soul"-series release dedicated to the Prix label. Superb liner notes and booklet to this one as well. :D

NUMERO015CD.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Goldwax

:wicked:

Have been listening to them all day yesterday and this entire morning and just have to say that they are absolutely superb. :huh:

Not only does both include brilliant music from beginning to end, but they've also got some seriously top notch liner notes written by Tony Rounce and well designed booklets. Lovely! :lol:

cdkend279_0.gifcdkend280_0.gif

I'm also listening a lot to Numero Group's latest "Eccentric Soul"-series release dedicated to the Prix label. Superb liner notes and booklet to this one as well. :thumbsup:

NUMERO015CD.jpg

Kent are unbeatable.

Numero series are very well done - would aslo recommend their Twinight comp (more funk stuff than the Kent one) and the Deep City Label comp.

Social source share

Numero series are very well done - would aslo recommend their Twinight comp (more funk stuff than the Kent one) and the Deep City Label comp.

Totally agree, the Twinight and Deep City CDs are great. Nice to see that more and more US labels are putting some time and effort into their releases. The gospel funk compilation from Numero is also superb as well is the Capsoul label one. :wicked: Looking forward to their forthcoming Tap label compilation which I've heard is in the pipeline.

Social source share

Guest Goldwax

Totally agree, the Twinight and Deep City CDs are great. Nice to see that more and more US labels are putting some time and effort into their releases. The gospel funk compilation from Numero is also superb as well is the Capsoul label one. :wicked: Looking forward to their forthcoming Tap label compilation which I've heard is in the pipeline.

Think I'll pick up the Gospel funk one over the weekend. Any standout tracks?

Social source share

Think I'll pick up the Gospel funk one over the weekend. Any standout tracks?

Pretty much everything on that compilation is good, but some of my faves are Trevor Dandy "Is There Any Love", Preacher & the Saints "Jesus Rhapsody", The Triumphs "We Don't Love Enough", Gospel Comforters "Jesus Will Help Me", Modulations "This Old World Is Going Down", Shackleford Singers "God Is All Over Me", Universal Jubileers "Childhood Days"... and Voices Of Conquest's absolutely mental percussion fest "O Yes My Lord" has got to be heard to be believed!!! :huh::wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!