The Knightsmen: B.t.o. / If I Told You (coconut Groove)

George M

I'm taking offers for a week on this mega-rarity from Mt. Morris, Michigan, ending 6p.m. GMT on Friday July 14th.

The 100mph A side is a driving dancefloor rocket that has strong mod appeal, while the flip starts with a break reminiscent of J.C. Davis' "A New Day" before settling into organ-driven group harmony. VG/VG+ condition with writing on the B.T.O. side, and some pretty light ringwear. Have a listen:

THE KNIGHTSMEN

My email address is george@concourserecords.com.

cheers,

George

www.concourserecords.com

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 18
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Trevski

I'm taking offers for a week on this mega-rarity from Mt. Morris, Michigan, ending 6p.m. GMT on Friday July 14th.

The 100mph A side is a driving dancefloor rocket that has strong mod appeal, while the flip starts with a break reminiscent of J.C. Davis' "A New Day" before settling into organ-driven group harmony. VG/VG+ condition with writing on the B.T.O. side, and some pretty light ringwear. Have a listen:

THE KNIGHTSMEN

My email address is george@concourserecords.com.

cheers,

George

www.concourserecords.com

Sounds like Elvis on a bad day. Sorry, i'ts awful. :wicked:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Trevski

Cats out of the bag then, I have been playing this for about 8 month's C/U as The Washington Brothers, great record with a good dance floor response.

My mates after a copy I will e-mail you.

Can't belive it's is being played out.What's BTO stand for-Bollock Twistingly 'Orrible? Tempo & beat are ok, but thats it, song is bad and vocals are worse. IMHO, of course. The dancefloor will make it's choice. Even if I were given a copy, and Uma Thurman asked me to play it, in return for a night of passion, I'd refuse!

I fear the demand for up-tempo sounds is heralding a return to the bad old days when the requisite beat was all that mattered. Tim-Tam anyone? laugh.gif

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

THINK I AGREE WITH TREVSKI ON THAT ONE THE LOGO ITSELF HAS SPURNED SOME CLASSIC SOUL CUTS INCLUDING THE BRILLIANT FLINT EMERALDS-YOU DONT KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU - NO COMPARISON REALLY .ONLY MHO OFCOURSE IF PEOPLE LIKE IT THEN GOOD FOR THEM,RIGHT IM OFF TO PLAY SOME DEEP SOUL THIS NORTHERN BALAVA IS ALL ABIT MUCH LOL.

BAZ A.

Social source share

Cats out of the bag then, I have been playing this for about 8 month's C/U as The Washington Brothers, great record with a good dance floor response.

My mates after a copy I will e-mail you.

Sorry for doing the uncovering, I didn't know it was getting played anywhere. And thanks for getting in touch, it seems I could use some help - first ebay change their rules without telling anyone, which is why I decided to do it this way in the first place, & now armchair critics think it's fair game to to take a pop at currently active private sales... :wicked:

Social source share

Sorry for doing the uncovering, I didn't know it was getting played anywhere. And thanks for getting in touch, it seems I could use some help - first ebay change their rules without telling anyone, which is why I decided to do it this way in the first place, & now armchair critics think it's fair game to to take a pop at currently active private sales... :wicked:

my apologies george ,your right a sales a sale did not mean to break protocol of soul source also.

BAZ A.

Social source share

Even if I were given a copy, and Uma Thurman asked me to play it, in return for a night of passion, I'd refuse!

Me? I love it, it's absolutely brilliant and next time I DJ I'm gonna play it 28 times in a row and dance throughout. Could I have two copies please so I can mix them together seamlessly.

Uma, could you drop me a PM please?

John. biggrin.gif

Social source share

Sounds like Elvis on a bad day. Sorry, i'ts awful

Thats an insult to Elvis

I see thousands of records for sale on the internet, every day of my life. Like most people I browse through them and then move on, or if I want one, I place a bid, email the seller, make a credit card payment or whatever is appropriate. I do not waste time out of my day by stopping to pass comment. I have already made this point, but I'll make it again: by having a pop at my auction, you are effectively taking money out of my pocket. In some walks of life, this is enough to get a good beating. As a peaceful record dealer, I am not about to do anything other than get mildly annoyed, but please have the decency to keep your opinions to yourself, at least until I've flogged the bloody thing!!

Social source share

I see thousands of records for sale on the internet, every day of my life. Like most people I browse through them and then move on, or if I want one, I place a bid, email the seller, make a credit card payment or whatever is appropriate. I do not waste time out of my day by stopping to pass comment. I have already made this point, but I'll make it again: by having a pop at my auction, you are effectively taking money out of my pocket. In some walks of life, this is enough to get a good beating. As a peaceful record dealer, I am not about to do anything other than get mildly annoyed, but please have the decency to keep your opinions to yourself, at least until I've flogged the bloody thing!!

bit touchy aint we georgy boy

Social source share

Guest Trevski

someone on ere seems to have a great ear for elvis as most records remind you of him..on the wrong scene are we..may not be great but you need to train your focus away from your true calling..ah thank u very much...

:lol::boxing:

elvis.gif  Or Dean Martin..... laugh.gif

Social source share

The thing is, the more stuff I hear that gets played on the scene these days, it's more just like a 50's/60's/70's soul scene now than the stuff I'd call Northern (if that's what we're on about) - especially with people trying to squeeze undiscovered/unplayed tracks in(on)to it - it's bound to go in a different direction as the majority of stuff of NS ilk has been discovered and played.

It's a whole new scene, with a whole lot of new people on, all with differing (and dare I say, correct, for them) ideas of what soul/niter tracks are - so in a way it's fair game if tracks like this are being danced to....it's just the way the scene is developing....not wrong and no one in particulars fault.

Edited by Barry
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!