Contacts - You Gonna Pay - Quadran

Represses and other lables seem to be a hot topic for me at the moment...

How can you tell the difference between the original and the repress of the Contacts - You Gonna Pay on Quadran?

Different matrix numbers, label differences, etc...

Thanks in advance.

John

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

How can you tell the difference between the original and the repress of the Contacts - You Gonna Pay on Quadran?

Thanks in advance.

John

the repress looks and sounds horrible. the sweet soul side is unplayable on the repress, it sounds like it was dubbed from a broken cassette tape. if you play that side you'll know for sure. original demos are rare, if you see a colored label it's an original for sure.

Social source share

the repress looks and sounds horrible. the sweet soul side is unplayable on the repress, it sounds like it was dubbed from a broken cassette tape. if you play that side you'll know for sure. original demos are rare, if you see a colored label it's an original for sure.

The boot I've seen is of the demo, and it looks like a poor photocopy - the print is feint and 'fuzzy'

Social source share

boba,

I assume that the represses are white and not red/yellow(gold). Thanks for that.

Cheers,

John

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Yep, i have a boot and it looks like a faded photocopy. Fairly easy to spot i'd say. It's black and white.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Thanks in advance.

John

if anyone wants a mint unplayed boot

let me know

£6.50 inc p/p (uk)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!