Little John Heartbreakin Time Martay

Guest Dan

had agreed to sell my copy of this to someone on here (and apologies john, if you're reading this, for my slowness, busy and crap is all i can say blush.gif )

not a record i have clapped eyes on since the 80s, just knew i had one somewhere

anyway, i've just dug it out and it just looks like a boot to me... was it booted?

Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

had agreed to sell my copy of this to someone on here (and apologies john, if you're reading this, for my slowness, busy and crap is all i can say blush.gif )

not a record i have clapped eyes on since the 80s, just knew i had one somewhere

anyway, i've just dug it out and it just looks like a boot to me... was it booted?

I know what you mean Dan, it has a whopping great run out/dead wax area, about 20mm, with 7 rotations within it. Is that what made you think it a boot ?

Edited by pottsy
Social source share

I know what you mean Dan, it has a whopping great run out/dead wax area, about 20mm. Is that what made you think it a boot ?

absolutely ady, that plus the fact that there's other len jewell related stuff booted and also the dead wax numbers look a bit like simon soussan might have done them in his shed

must say i never bought boots even 'back in the day' as we now have to say by law, but i wondered if this one had slipped through the net?

so is chalky right (as usual!)?

Social source share

Scan then? Orrrrr?

Or can't you be arsed? smile.gif

ah ha!

i'm ahead of you there simsy

in the process of scanning as we speak

once i can work out how to use my scanner again

been a long time since i was in my record room

Social source share

absolutely ady, that plus the fact that there's other len jewell related stuff booted and also the dead wax numbers look a bit like simon soussan might have done them in his shed

must say i never bought boots even 'back in the day' as we now have to say by law, but i wondered if this one had slipped through the net?

so is chalky right (as usual!)?

It wont be a boot then mate. There's a few west coast things like this, think the Kel Osborne - A Law against a heartbreaker is the same.

Social source share

cheers ady

any ideas on value anyone?

and here's a scan for simsy cool.gif

ignore the white ring - that's the light from the scanner shining on the label

post-118-1183744378_thumb.jpg

Social source share

have seen anywhere between £75 and £150 rolleyes.gif

since i'm on the selling end of the deal, that sounds very like 150 notes to me chalky

ta :thumbsup:

Social source share

125 Dan. Guaranteed sale at that price.

cheers pete

unfortunately i'd already agreed 100 quid, which just goes to show that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing rolleyes.gif

Social source share

cheers ady

any ideas on value anyone?

and here's a scan for simsy cool.gif

ignore the white ring - that's the light from the scanner shining on the label

I think you'll regret selling this mate, infact I know you will, next time you're out & someone plays it. Dont want to tread on anyones toes though thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I think you'll regret selling this mate, infact I know you will, next time you're out & someone plays it. Dont want to tread on anyones toes though thumbsup.gif

i dunno why i said i'd sell it ady, i only ever sell stuff i've got doubles off. it was in the wants and i couldn't keep my gob shut. but a deal's a deal :thumbsup:

Social source share

ah ha!

i'm ahead of you there simsy

in the process of scanning as we speak

once i can work out how to use my scanner again

been a long time since i was in my record room

:D

Why man, why?

Base yourself there dude. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

======

hey dan can i still have your 'whole new plan' for £25 lol

i do reserve the right to welsh on deals made 25 years ago mark laugh.gif

Social source share

tell me more about this

did you now know, simsy?

the govt recently passed a law saying that we can no longer say 'years ago' or 'when i was a kid' or 'in 1984'. instead, we have to say 'back in the day'.

at least, it seems like we do cos every f***er does it nowdays (now in the day?) since they heard some halfwit rapper using the expression on mytube or yourarse or somesuch

just a mild rant biggrin.gif

Social source share

did you now know, simsy?

the govt recently passed a law saying that we can no longer say 'years ago' or 'when i was a kid' or 'in 1984'. instead, we have to say 'back in the day'.

at least, it seems like we do cos every f***er does it nowdays (now in the day?) since they heard some halfwit rapper using the expression on mytube or yourarse or somesuch

just a mild rant biggrin.gif

You are right.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Although it was the 'i never bought boots' bit i wanted you to tell me more about! laugh.gif

Dan's like the fella in the credit card advert who'd had his I.D. stolen.

He plays rugby in Jimmy Choo sandals.

So he never bought a boot in his life.

Social source share

Although it was the 'i never bought boots' bit i wanted you to tell me more about! laugh.gif

ah laugh.gif

i always avoiding buying boots once i started collecting anything like properly. not sure why. probably because i preferred buying compilation albums if i couldn't have the real thing (ie kent etc)

one or two must have slipped through the net though and thought this might be one of them thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Dan's like the fella in the credit card advert who'd had his I.D. stolen.

He plays rugby in Jimmy Choo sandals.

So he never bought a boot in his life.

these days i only play rugby in my dreams mikey biggrin.gif

Social source share

ah laugh.gif

i always avoiding buying boots once i started collecting anything like properly. not sure why. probably because i preferred buying compilation albums if i couldn't have the real thing (ie kent etc)

one or two must have slipped through the net though and thought this might be one of them thumbsup.gif

Furry muff. thumbsup.gif

At seventeen I didn't really know about the Magnetics on Bonnie etc and "1.50 worn" from Rob Smith looked like a wise option... wink.gif

Social source share

Furry muff. thumbsup.gif

At seventeen I didn't really know about the Magnetics on Bonnie etc and "1.50 worn" from Rob Smith looked like a wise option... wink.gif

to be fair neither did i simsy but i just asked 'is it a boot?' most people were honest, weren't they?

basically, my recollection of that time was that some people of my age bought all the boots they could 'because they couldn't afford the real ones', which i thought was mad, and everyone else tried to buy originals, tried to get over the embarrassment of having to ask if it was 'right' or not and were thus usually ok. though could easily have been stitched up occasionally, hence my concern.

Social source share

to be fair neither did i simsy but i just asked 'is it a boot?' most people were honest, weren't they?

basically, my recollection of that time was that some people of my age bought all the boots they could 'because they couldn't afford the real ones', which i thought was mad, and everyone else tried to buy originals, tried to get over the embarrassment of having to ask if it was 'right' or not and were thus usually ok. though could easily have been stitched up occasionally, hence my concern.

Think you were right with the compilation album purchases, back then (or should I say back in the day)!

Guess we bought a mixture of boots and (reasonably priced) originals back then. Of course a lot more originals were more reasonably priced then.

Hey you know this is a veiled debate on boots v orig's ...? tongue.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!