Rimini Weekender News

Hi soul folks,

only a few days 'till the weekender,

as you probably know on Thursday 12 there will be a 'welcome party' at the Bar for the people got already there,

this year the consolle will play at the bar on monday 16 as well.

Djs bar line-up:

Paul-Mishief, Jorg Bremmer, Alfredo Maddaloni, Marco Minghelli, Marco Schembri, Olindo Di Tizio

+ guests

Bus info for who will land to Forl¬ airport :

https://www.adriacoast.com/soci/navetta_bel...ni+riccione.pdf

Any other info you might need pm / email to info@gambettolasoulcity.net.

Thanks,

Cristian.

p.s. if someone don't get accomodation yet, here are a few suggestions:

Hotel MONTI

https://www.iperhotel.com/index.cfm?FuseAct...amp;IdHotel=165

Via Medaglie D'Oro, 5

tel. 0039 0541 390810/391673

Hotel TIBERIUS

https://www.accomline.com/hotels.reservatio...otel_Rimini.htm -

tel. 0039 0541 54226

Hotel Bellevue - www.riminibeach.net

Piazzale Kennedy 12,

tel. 0039 0541 390490

(Weekender prices: single room euro 55 - double room euro 100 - triple room euro 130)

Hotel VILLARGIA

https://www.ricercahotel.com/capodanno/..%5...iew.asp?ID=1325 -

tel. 0039 0541 22964

Hotel CALYPSO

https://www.hotelcalypso.com/

viale Trieste 15

tel. 0039 0541 22737

Hotel MILANO

viale Vespucci, 36

tel. 0039 0541 390620/752322

---------------------------------------

6th Rimini rare soul weekender

july 13-14-15.

The allnighters will be held at The - IO Street Club - has got a large wooden dancefloor,

two big bars, air conditioning and a nice smoking room(in front of dancefloor).

It's located on V.le Vespucci 77, one of the main streets that runs parallel to the beach.

Doors will open at 11:00 pm and they'll close at 06:00 am.

The weekender starts,for the first time, with a welcome party on thursday evening

at the bar just outside the IO club.

As usual the afternoon session will start on friday at 04:30 pm and will go on 'til dinner time,

with dj sets, record stalls, beers, wine, food... at the same bar.

Dealers are welcome.

DJ LINEUP:

UK djs - Arthur Fenn , Kenny Burrell , Steve Guarnori.

European djs - Yann Vatiste from France , Lars Bulnheim from Germany , Kristoffer Ahl from Sweden.

Resident djs - Soulful Chris, Simone Ceccarelli, Cristian Riviera.

(plus guests - dj 'bar' set)

TICKET:

For this 6th anniversary we can propose a single niter ticket.

The price is 15 euros per niter(included one drink),payable at the IO Club directly at the door to get it,no advance.

Anyway, for further info and the latest updates and news on Rimini keep an eye on the website

www.gambettolasoulcity.net or email to info@gambettolasoulcity.net.

Accomodation info - flight:

The old favourite of ours, look to fly into Bologna - Forli which is actually closest to Rimini than Bologna: www.ryanair.com

Or to fly into Bologna airport or Ancona airport, then take into account at least an hour train into Rimini, not too bad:

www.easyjet.com , www.ryanair.com You can now fly (for those who live in the south) from Luton straight into Rimini:

www.volareweb.com.

As far as hotels are concerned, no problems here, prices will suit absolutely everybody...

Start as little as 20-25 euros....up to whatever you're prepared to pay.

The following hotels situated near the club (IO Street Club, Viale Vespucci N° 77),

or you can try any search engine and you'll get a list of hotels close to the venue:

www.expedia.co.uk / www.venere.com / www.italyhotelstravel.com

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Bearsy

so looking forward to this... Sun, Soul and nice food and that Lemoncello stuff...

(Sun whats that?)

see you next week :lol:

:lol::thumbsup:whistling.gif

Its just another soul do :lol:

Have a goodun mate and treat them to some quality soul and yes im still jealous :lol:

The old favourite of ours, look to fly into Bologna - Forli which is actually closest to Rimini than Bologna: www.ryanair.com

Or to fly into Bologna airport or Ancona airport, then take into account at least an hour train into Rimini, not too bad:

www.easyjet.com , www.ryanair.com You can now fly (for those who live in the south) from Luton straight into Rimini:

Cristian,

Blake put us on to a new flight directly into RIMINI - it's with EasyJet and flies from EAST MIDLANDS AIRPORT (Castle Donington, Derby).

Right now, flights from Thursday to Tuesday are £28.98 + taxes

It might be cheaper for other days

<LOOK HERE>

So for anybody out there desperate for some sun (us Aussies abroad crave it) and some good soul & beach fun to boot,

...GRAB A FLIGHT and book some time off work before the school holidays hit :thumbsup:

A SUGGESTION FOR ANYBODY FLYING:

Please check your airport's website for latest security news, before you fly.

And don't pack too much - you won't need it :lol:

m

ps. We'll have to find a new hotel next year now that you've advertised it whistling.gif .

Besides, most stay at the PARK HOTEL

Looking forward to some sunshine and great SOUL music and a few beer.gif

Is there no do on the Sunday night this year?

Dont know if there is anything at the IO on Sunday, I think Dave Thorley paid for it last year out of his own pocket.

Best

Blake

Edited by BLAKE H

Only a few days to go now - Really looking forward to this - the box is jam packed with records already :thumbup:

Your obviously not slumming it on a budget airline Steve, with only 15 kgs luggage allowance (plus cabin baggage) were hard pressed to get a weeks clobber there ohmy.gif Glad to see you have your priorities right :thumbsup::huh:

Have a safe journey

Blake

Your obviously not slumming it on a budget airline Steve, with only 15 kgs luggage allowance (plus cabin baggage) were hard pressed to get a weeks clobber there :thumbup: Glad to see you have your priorities right :thumbsup::huh:

Have a safe journey

Blake

Am on Ryanair m8. 10 kg carry on allowance....so basically a 100 box with paper as opposed to cardboard sleeves, which makes it about 110 45s. Will you buy you and your good lady a drink in Italia....Steve

It was Ryanair Maria, have a safe journey

Blake

https://www.bookryanair.com/skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi

oops, thanks you are right

and the link I posted was Ryanair too.

...I know what I mean, even if nobody else does :lol:

Pack light by taking some gloves (for sensitive hands) and washing powder - particularly as it's so hot and as you wear your swimmers every single day. The beach is never a fashion parade - well, not for us Aussies anyway :wicked:

m

oops, thanks you are right

and the link I posted was Ryanair too.

...I know what I mean, even if nobody else does blush.gif

Pack light by taking some gloves (for sensitive hands) and washing powder - particularly as it's so hot and as you wear your swimmers every single day. The beach is never a fashion parade - well, not for us Aussies anyway :boxing:

m

Gloves Maria????? ohmy.gif whatever for? Think I'll be sleeping during the day laugh.gif I have invested in some Factor 10 though which is about as high as I go ph34r.gif an upgrade from my usual Factor 4.

Anyway using the PSP (Paper sleeve principle) Ive managed to cram about 135 records into the box.... :lol: They're in so tight I can't get them back out though. unsure.gifwink.gif

Anyway using the PSP (Paper sleeve principle) Ive managed to cram about 135 records into the box.... :boxing: They're in so tight I can't get them back out though. :lol:wink.gif

you better hope they don't swell in the heat laugh.gif

Every time I brought records over to the uk (it's been a slow move over), I put the records in cardboard boxes, a paper sleeve for every 2nd record if you can risk security too, then pop them in a light hold-all within the approved size. The record box has weight and should go in the suitcase, so you can fit more records in the holdall.

I've also brought records over in the suitcase too (with lots of clothes around them) and never had a problem.

..Or bring between 1 and 4 people with you and organise them with some vinyl hand luggage wink.gif .

m

Edited by Maria O

you better hope they don't swell in the heat :lol:

Every time I brought records over to the uk (it's been a slow move over), I put the records in cardboard boxes, a paper sleeve for every 2nd record if you can risk security too, then pop them in a light hold-all within the approved size. The record box has weight and should go in the suitcase, so you can fit more records in the holdall.

..Or bring between 1 and 4 people with you and organise them with some vinyl hand luggage wink.gif .

m

Ha ha....they all fit nicely and there's enough for a few sets as a few of them are good double siders as well :boxing: see you Thurdsay, and don't forget to bring Arthur with you tongue.gif . Steve

Hi,

Maria many thanks for info here..and your support, see you soon.

also,as written in the previous emails, I'd like to confirm the sunday niter (11 pm 'till late).

The G.S.C. site has been updated with further info about buses,trains,taxi to reach Rimini,

https://www.gambettolasoulcity.net/

Thanks,

Cristian.

Cristian,

Blake put us on to a new flight directly into RIMINI - it's with EasyJet and flies from EAST MIDLANDS AIRPORT (Castle Donington, Derby).

Right now, flights from Thursday to Tuesday are £28.98 + taxes

It might be cheaper for other days

<LOOK HERE>

So for anybody out there desperate for some sun (us Aussies abroad crave it) and some good soul & beach fun to boot,

...GRAB A FLIGHT and book some time off work before the school holidays hit :thumbsup:

A SUGGESTION FOR ANYBODY FLYING:

Please check your airport's website for latest security news, before you fly.

And don't pack too much - you won't need it :thumbsup:

m

ps. We'll have to find a new hotel next year now that you've advertised it whistling.gif .

Besides, most stay at the PARK HOTEL

Guest vic-shot

Can't wait should be a fantastic weekend,it's about 35 degres over here at the moment where I live(about 3 hours north of Rimini)so shoud be in for a nice hot one with plenty of great records and fantastic food what more do you need? :thumbsup:

Guest partytimegirl

If anyone wants to share a room, Pete Wid has one, and would like to share the cost.

please send me a pm and i will let you know the details, its staying in the Park Hotel, where most of us our staying,5 minute stroll to the venue.

Edited by partytimegirl

yippeee less than 2 days to go..

list of things to do..

1/ sort out records

2/ sort out clothes - iron and pack

3/ strip hall (to be plastered while away upstairs landing stairs and downstairs hall)

4/ take dog to mums

5/ go to work get home at 6ish

6/ finish copying Rimini CD for me mates (10 copies)

7/ loads a time i'm not woried.

:ohmy:

If anyone wants to share a room, Pete Wid has one, and would like to share the cost.

please send me a pm and i will let you know the details, its staying in the Park Hotel, where most of us our staying,5 minute stroll to the venue.

A few of us are also at the Bellevue Tracy.....anyway looking forward to seeing y'awll Thursday :ohmy::lol: