Shep Or Don Gardner Or Lucas Williams

Mak

CAN ONE OF YOU SOUL BOFFINS PUT MY MIND AT AT REST. IN 73 I BOUGHT A COPY OF :- FOOL TO FOOL - SHEP FROM HMV IN NOTTM, AT THE TIME THIS TUNE DID NOT REALLY HIT THE SPOT AND THERE WAS SOME CONFUSION AS I REMEMBERA AS TO WHO THE ARTIST REAL NAME WAS. IN A COPY OF B+S IT WAS STATED THAT IT WAS LUCAS WILLIAMS!!!!! I DO NOT KNOW. ANYWAY IT IS NOW HAVING IT'S TIME AND THE OLD CHESTNUT HAS POPPED UP AGAIN AS TO WHO THE REAL ARTIST NAME IS. NOW I HERE DON GARDNER BEING BANDED AROUND. PLEASE HELP?

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

CAN ONE OF YOU SOUL BOFFINS PUT MY MIND AT AT REST. IN 73 I BOUGHT A COPY OF :- FOOL TO FOOL - SHEP FROM HMV IN NOTTM, AT THE TIME THIS TUNE DID NOT REALLY HIT THE SPOT AND THERE WAS SOME CONFUSION AS I REMEMBERA AS TO WHO THE ARTIST REAL NAME WAS. IN A COPY OF B+S IT WAS STATED THAT IT WAS LUCAS WILLIAMS!!!!! I DO NOT KNOW. ANYWAY IT IS NOW HAVING IT'S TIME AND THE OLD CHESTNUT HAS POPPED UP AGAIN AS TO WHO THE REAL ARTIST NAME IS. NOW I HERE DON GARDNER BEING BANDED AROUND. PLEASE HELP?

link

Bearing in mind that Don Gardnere recorded also on TNT and the elad strongly (!) sounds like him I do believe it is him. Personally I do prefer the other side "I`m Sitting In" :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Mak, I asked Don about the Shep TnT 45 at Prestatyn last year and he said it wasnt him!!!! I shown him his name in the credits on the 45 but he still said he didnt know anything about it!! Must admit after listining too the record it sure does sound like Dons Voice!will put the track on Cd and let him listen too it when i see him again later on this year at Prestatyn weekender.Oh and he said he couldnt remember the Cedrick recording sessions either :thumbsup:

Social source share

Andy Dyson, Mick H and myself had dinner with Don the year before at Prestatyn, along with Lou Pride. Upon Andy showing Don the 45 he said he had no knowledge of it or as Graham says Cheating Kind ever getting a release.

Andy does say though that Don later during the weekend said the Shep 45 is indeed him???? :thumbsup:

Don's memory though is terrible, with very little recollection of anything we asked during dinner :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!