• Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest StefMalajny

upstairs:

7:30/8:30 MATT (rookie from Peterborough)

8:30/9:30 MARTIN STANFORD

9:30/10:30 SISTER DAWN

10:30/12:00 SOUL SAM

12:00/1:00 MARTIN STANFORD

1:00 CLOSE

downstairs:

7:30/8:30 WAYNE LINDSAY

8:30/9:30 DOUG HALL

9:30/10:30 SOUL SAM

10:30/12:00 ARTHUR FENN

12:00/1:00 MICK COOPER

1:00/2:00 DOUG HALL

2:00 CLOSE

From what i've herd its only the promoters who thinks its got the X factor :thumbsup:

Depends what the "X" stands for:

Could be eXcitement.

Could be eXtravaganza.

Could be eXcreta.

Who knows?

:wicked:

Edited by Dave

what is it that causes people / fellow promoters to constantly have uneccessary digs @ each other's events??

i thought it was simple..............if you've never been.........then say nothing...........if you've been and didn't like it.........say what you thought.

to make matters worse, its from guy's that all used to attend the venues of yesteryear(e.g. St.Ives etc) as fellow soul fans.

now, just because one plays this & one plays that, they seem hell bent on having a go??

time gents for explanations..........why !!

regards,

john mc.

what is it that causes people / fellow promoters to constantly have uneccessary digs @ each other's events??

i thought it was simple..............if you've never been.........then say nothing...........if you've been and didn't like it.........say what you thought.

to make matters worse, its from guy's that all used to attend the venues of yesteryear(e.g. St.Ives etc) as fellow soul fans.

now, just because one plays this & one plays that, they seem hell bent on having a go??

regards,

john mc.

You are not the only one...i am getting soo sick and tired of all this bitchiness on the scene at the moment from supposdily grown up peeps.. i can understand it if we were all in our teens and to some extent our early 20s...but come on,....enough now..... i tell ya.....no wonder the youth of today are so fcuked if this is the type of mature example they are looking upto...Delx

regards,

john mc.

You haven't quoted a post, so I have to ask, is that addressed to me?

If so, note the smiley and release your sense of humour.

You have to take some replies on here with a pinch of salt... same as the claims made by some promoters. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dave

well said Soulsis, i thought that the day's of "it's my ball & i'm going home" had long since gone. if you don't like a venue like the City Club in P.boro' that is known to play sounds that are well known oldies, and you like your soul a bit "rarer" or "underplayed", then you simply don't go!!

i've been to many do's, inc Bedford, Wellingboro', kettering, Rushden, Rothwell, P.boro', Desborough, Luton etc, all of which are different.......that's the beauty of it for me.

cheers,

john mc.

Guest StefMalajny

She could use a little moisturiser if you ask me.

Soul Sams told me hes bringing two bottles of baby oil, he thinks shes the door girl :thumbsup:

Hi Dave,

my reply was not aimed at you at all, it was simply aimed at the constant stream of "tit for tat" slanging that has been going on ref venues, especially P.boro' ones & i really don't see the need for it, & those doing it should know better.

regards,

john mc.

Hi Dave,

my reply was not aimed at you at all, it was simply aimed at the constant stream of "tit for tat" slanging that has been going on ref venues, especially P.boro' ones & i really don't see the need for it, & those doing it should know better.

regards,

john mc.

Hi John,

Understood. :thumbsup:

Do we have to go down this route again folks?

suggest leave them to it most people can make up their own minds and see through spamming posts.

Stef if your going to go round telling people to "come on soul source and big us up", please can you at least tell them to keep it on one thread, i've counted about 6 in the last week, with promotional content for the City club.

Oh and MUZZYMAN an intro please, you've been asked once.

Edited by Baz

hi Baz,

totally agree with you ref the amount of mentions that Steff has been giving his events @ the City Club, so i suppose he is guilty of "over-promotion" to a degree.

i will also say that your earlier post doesn't help....................as i've already said, if you've not been, then dont reply, that way, no one gets upset...........simple!!!

regards,

john mc.

From what i've herd its only the promoters who thinks its got the X factor :thumbsup:

How many more threads do we need?

Baz

normally you are one of the suporters of playing

the sounds of soul at most venues,

We all have our Favs so we tend to post on them,

some travel to a lot of different venues and some

to a select few,IMO all that is happening is we are trying

1 to raise money for the NSPCC

2 trying to bring together on some nights a good proportion of DJs and entertainment.

3 bring people through the door.

4 achieve a sense of purpose

5 get on a level with such as ,No more Doggin,Winsford,Lifeline nights and as we are trying to get up there we advertise as much as possible.to achieve the above 5 things.

this is my opinion and as a resident DJ I hope i do entertain

as its what I do

Doug Hall

5 get on a level with such as ,No more Doggin,Winsford,Lifeline nights and as we are trying to get up there we advertise as much as possible

Doug, you are a good bloke, but I can't see what the events you've listed have in common with the City club.

Guest StefMalajny

Do we have to go down this route again folks?

suggest leave them to it most people can make up their own minds and see through spamming posts.

Stef if your going to go round telling people to "come on soul source and big us up", please can you at least tell them to keep it on one thread, i've counted about 6 in the last week, with promotional content for the City club.

Oh and MUZZYMAN an intro please, you've been asked once.

Sorry mate but this is what it says on the front of the label

Events Talk

A place for up and coming events, looking forward to an event, light banter with friends, who's going... that kind of thing.Also comments after the event, how it went etc.

I reckon I am complying, promoting our events,there are two events and I started two threads, one of them cross promotes the Wigan thing and with a bit of light banter with the baby oil etc, not too sure what the defininition of spamming is on this occasion but as you know these are charity event so publisizing that more than the venue albeit it is a nice place.

I did ask our members to support our charity promotions by giving it a shout on here which shows the respect I have for this site but didnt tell anyone to start new threads

will always follow the rules so just give me directions mate and I will follow them

regards Stef

Guest WPaulVanDyk

I have been and it's a good venue i hear new and old sounds some i don't know. Stef does a good job. I only get to know about thread when told by Stef. As most say if you not been don't comment on if it's good or bad.

One thing it also opens up a chance for me and other new rookie DJ's to Dj there where some clubs you wouldn't get a chance if they only use ones who they know and trust. At least you can see rookies at City club and think some were good maybe they should DJ more elsewhere

Guest StefMalajny

The Roockie guys are either up and coming jocks or guys that havnt spun a few sounds for a long time, they normally kick the nite off to a great start and the residents make sure they hit the spot

and the added bonus is there keen as mustard and bring there buddies

Star roockie so far reckon was Phil Ohurn so youve got some work to do Matt