Soul @ The Ath

What can I say ohmy.gif

Another blinding night. Thanks to the Rejects, Hammie Geoff, Pete & Steve for another great night at the Ath. Also a special thanks to the Guest DJs, very special hugs and kisses to Steve Guanori for playing Geni for me.

Toby - thanks for my "No dad dancing" medal

Taff - Sorry about standing on your foot but it was get your own back time :D

Pete Burton "PUT THAT FAG OUT"

Special thanks to all of you who came along. This venue just keeps getting better!!!!!

Hope to see you all and more on the 7th September, guest DJs Dave Welding and Taff. Rumour has it we may still be celebrating my birthday ( a rehearsal for my 50th on the 6th September 2008) so even more reason for everyone to come along and buy me a vodka & coke :wicked:

Thanks again to everyone involved and those who came along for making this another top night :D

QoFxx

Edited by chrissieo
  • Replies 33
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Pete Burton "PUT THAT FAG OUT"

Hope to see you all and more on the 7th September, Rumour has it we may still be celebrating my birthday ( a rehearsal for my 50th on the 6th September 2008) so even more reason for everyone to come along and buy me a vodka & coke :wicked:

QoFxx

Doh !

Agree Chrissie another great night at the Ath..........Trust me to be the one that forgot hypo.gif .........Had only 2 mins before been standing outside chatting with Tina, Sue and Claire about not smoking inside.....got distracted and walked back in to the bar with a fag on !

By the way my birthday is on the 6th September as well...........sound like the next one could be a blur for a few of us. :D

Guest toby

It was a great night yet again,good soul people ,good tunes played by all,(Pete Hullat youre the man.)

It was great to be able to have a great chat with the Rushden peeps Baz,Dave & Lisa two of the nicest people i know,thanks for the beer Lisa.

I always enjoy the Ath may it continue for a long long time,its a great place to go & be amongst friends etc..

Chrissieo...got you back(you dance just like my old grandad did,hence the medal)only joking sweetie...

Steve Gaunori..Fantastic records played by you again,you never cease to please me with the quality of tunes you play..well done mate

Pete (Dobby) Burton..shame on you,mind you at your age its easy to forget things !!!

Thanks to Hammie & Geoff again a great night ..I shall return..

It was a great night yet again,good soul people ,good tunes played by all,(Pete Hullat youre the man.)

It was great to be able to have a great chat with the Rushden peeps Baz,Dave & Lisa two of the nicest people i know,thanks for the beer Lisa.

I always enjoy the Ath may it continue for a long long time,its a great place to go & be amongst friends etc..

Chrissieo...got you back(you dance just like my old grandad did,hence the medal)only joking sweetie...

Steve Gaunori..Fantastic records played by you again,you never cease to please me with the quality of tunes you play..well done mate

Pete (Dobby) Burton..shame on you,mind you at your age its easy to forget things !!!

Thanks to Hammie & Geoff again a great night ..I shall return..

ooooooooooooooooooo your for the high jump, you've spelt it wrong AGAIN!!!!! laugh.gif

QoFxx

Guest toby

ooooooooooooooooooo your for the high jump, you've spelt it wrong AGAIN!!!!! laugh.gif

QoFxx

Oh F*** it why dont he just change his surname to somthing easy like Smith or Jones its got be a lot easier for me..........Not to worry i'll buy him a pint & give him a cuddle tonight at the 100 club,that'll make up for it :D

Chrissieo your sounding more like a head mistriss every day,not that i ever botherd going to school in the old days,i could'nt be arsed..schools in Isreal were'nt much cop anyway.

Doh !

Agree Chrissie another great night at the Ath..........Trust me to be the one that forgot hypo.gif .........Had only 2 mins before been standing outside chatting with Tina, Sue and Claire about not smoking inside.....got distracted and walked back in to the bar with a fag on !

By the way my birthday is on the 6th September as well...........sound like the next one could be a blur for a few of us. :D

Sounds good to me :lol::lol:

QoFxx

First time for me at this venue , have to say not! dissapionted great dj line up , nice mix of music! plenty of 60s so i was happy rolleyes.gif ...nice size dance floor and good area for record dealers etc....nice smoking veranda as well :D ...if you have never been to this night i would reccomend you try it, one tip if you are travelling from Rushden/ Kettering area turn of the A6 at Thurleigh and pick up the B660 into Bedford much quicker and more direct 15 mins from Rushden....also good to meet up with some fellow Soul- sourcers...finally.. Chrissieo and Pottsy (thanks for the bargains mate)....one gripe wish we had found the outside light for the veranda earlier was groping about a bit at times, could of got tricky :lol: ...well done Baz...initiative! like it.

Edited by Jemco

Oh F*** it why dont he just change his surname to somthing easy like Smith or Jones its got be a lot easier for me..........Not to worry i'll buy him a pint & give him a cuddle tonight at the 100 club,that'll make up for it :lol:

Chrissieo your sounding more like a head mistriss every day,not that i ever botherd going to school in the old days,i could'nt be arsed..schools in Isreal were'nt much cop anyway.

Think the name Pete Smith is already copyrighten (errrr or should that be copyrighted) so that would be even more confusing. Jones doesn't have the right ring to it may be he should change it to Walsh shhh.gif Do you think you could manage to spell that Paul? :D

QoFxx

Edited by chrissieo

Doh !

Not another bloody Virgo.

It will be Rich s 40 th!

You may need to lend us a space on the Burton sofa, if Freddie doesnt mind.

x

First time for me at this venue , have to say not! dissapionted great dj line up , nice mix of music! plenty of 60s so i was happy rolleyes.gif ...nice size dance floor and good area for record dealers etc....nice smoking veranda as well :D ...if you have never been to this night i would reccomend you try it, one tip if you are travelling from Rushden/ Kettering area turn of the A6 at Thurleigh and pick up the B660 into Bedford much quicker and more direct 15 mins from Rushden....also good to meet up with some fellow Soul- sourcers...finally.. Chrissieo and Pottsy (thanks for the bargains mate)....one gripe wish we had found the outside light for the veranda earlier was groping about a bit at times, could of got tricky :lol: ...well done Baz...initiative! like it.

Really glad you enjoyed, great to meet up with you at last, it's always nice to put names to faces.

QoFxx

Another top night at the Ath, always like this night to catch up with loads of people.

The smoking outside distracted me from dancing as i was never in the same place for about 10 mins rolleyes.gif

Thanks for playing the Fascinators, Pete :D

Not another bloody Virgo.

It will be Rich s 40 th!

You may need to lend us a space on the Burton sofa, if Freddie doesnt mind.

x

Don't worry sweetheart there's always space here for you and Rich.........

Get ready for PAAARRRRTTTTYYY TIME !!!! shout.gif

P.S. The Beagle says he's prepared to share his bed if you bring the requisite amount of bonio's

yes.gif

Cheers Toby and all.....another good night....at the Ath.

Bloggo now done too :D

Just read your "bloggo" and for anyone else who reads it, NO I WAS NOT DANCING TO DISCO, ok I was but it was the vodka, it makes me do things against my will, and with the amount of vodka I consumed last night I probably would of danced to the "birdie song" honest whistling.gif

QoFxx

Edited by chrissieo

Well we didn't need to give Hammie the sharp shitty stick treatment, did we. He moved the Coopermans spot further into the proceedings, nice one.

A lot of good records played last night, but enough of Geoffs spot, I think everyone did good biggrin.gif

Glad you're happy with your bargains Jemco, look after the lil major williams.

Best line of the night goes to Rob Thomas..."Best sell up Ady, these things will be worth nowt in 5 to 10 years" Ah..ok Rob...will do mate.

Only downside of the night, couldn't find anything good to eat at the do. But must just mention the nice Asian gentlemen down Tavistock Street at the Kebab shop, the one opposite the adult shop, their Kebab meat & chips is real nice. But honestly, make sure you ask for the chilli sauce, they add mint & Coriander & it's the dogs doobries. They always let me take the whole bottle off the counter & over to the table, nice people. Perfect way to round off a top night in Bedford.

Just read your "bloggo" and for anyone else who reads it, NO I WAS NOT DANCING TO DISCO, ok I was but it was the vodka, it makes me do things against my will, and with the amount of vodka I consumed last night I probably would of danced to the "birdie song" honest whistling.gif

QoFxx

Tosh girl, you were "boogie-ing away" like John Revolta at one point...... :D:lol::lol:

Edited by Steve G
Guest Tom Walsh

Another top night at the Ath, always like this night to catch up with loads of people.

The smoking outside distracted me from dancing as i was never in the same place for about 10 mins rolleyes.gif

Thanks for playing the Fascinators, Pete :lol:

No Prob's Baz :D , Great night!!!!!! :lol:

Tosh girl, you were "boogie-ing away" like John Revolta at one point...... :D:P:D

Further to Steve G's earlier frightening revelation, that I was seen disco dancing in public last night :lol: , I made an emergency appointment to see my therapist. My therapist advised me, the first thing I needed to do was to face the truth and shout it out load, so here goes.

LAST NIGHT I WAS SEEN DISCO DANCING IN PUBLIC

Even those words send shivers of fear down my spine unsure.gif . After this she gave me the number of a support group who she thought would be able to help me SWA (Spandex Wearers Anonymous) Their telephone number alone was enough to confirm what I had always thought 666-666, yes folks it's true, disco is the music of the devil.

I went straight along to a meeting where I had to go through the embarrassment of having to say those words again, but for fear of upsetting some people I won't repeat them.

It was shocking to see the number of familiar faces at the meeting who had fallen to the temptation of the glitter ball and spandex, of course I can't reveal names as these meetings are confidential :lol: . (but if anyone wants to make any contribution to my pay pal account please PM me for detail).

So for future reference if anyone ever sees me out in public dancing to disco or wearing spandex (god forbid with my thighs) again please call my "SWA Buddie" his number is 666-666 ext666 you will find his card tucked into my spandex boob tube ooooooops sorry the back pocket of my jeans.

Hope you will all support me on my rocky road to recovery.

Thankfully still (but only just)

The Original

QoFxx

PS I am just glad Toby and Mandy had left by then as I don't think Mandy would of coped with the horror of it all

Edited by chrissieo
Guest gordon russell

GREAT NITE AS ALWAYS............SEE I TOLD YOU SO PUTTING THE LEGENDARY STEVE COOPER ON LATER WAS A MASTER STROKE I CANNOT EMPHASISE THE QUALITY OF THIS MANS MUSIC. SO MANY OTHER PLACES PUT ON DJ LINE UPS ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU LAUGH IN YOUR BEER (PETERBORO) WHEN STEVE CAN PLAY THE QUALITY WE CAN EXPECT FROM A LONG TIME TRUE COLLECTOR HE IS AWESOME IN MY OPINION.....DID'NT HE ENJOY IT TO BOOT TOLD ME AFTER WHAT A HOOT HE HAD , ALSO HE SAID HAD HE KNOWN HE WAS ON LATER HE WOULD HAVE BROUGHT SOME UNKNWN GEMS HE'S GOT. ALL THE DJ'S PLAYED BLINDING SPOTS WHICH MAKES FOR A SUPER NITE . HAMMIE YOU GOT IT SPOT ON MATE. HOW ABOUT GETTING MY OLD MATE JOHNNY MANSHIP DOWN. THANKS TO ALL CONCERNED FOR A FU KING TOP NIGHT

Guest StefMalajny

GREAT NITE AS ALWAYS............SEE I TOLD YOU SO PUTTING THE LEGENDARY STEVE COOPER ON LATER WAS A MASTER STROKE I CANNOT EMPHASISE THE QUALITY OF THIS MANS MUSIC. SO MANY OTHER PLACES PUT ON DJ LINE UPS ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU LAUGH IN YOUR BEER (PETERBORO) WHEN STEVE CAN PLAY THE QUALITY WE CAN EXPECT FROM A LONG TIME TRUE COLLECTOR HE IS AWESOME IN MY OPINION.....DID'NT HE ENJOY IT TO BOOT TOLD ME AFTER WHAT A HOOT HE HAD , ALSO HE SAID HAD HE KNOWN HE WAS ON LATER HE WOULD HAVE BROUGHT SOME UNKNWN GEMS HE'S GOT. ALL THE DJ'S PLAYED BLINDING SPOTS WHICH MAKES FOR A SUPER NITE . HAMMIE YOU GOT IT SPOT ON MATE. HOW ABOUT GETTING MY OLD MATE JOHNNY MANSHIP DOWN. THANKS TO ALL CONCERNED FOR A FU KING TOP NIGHT

I guess yourl be lafin in your beer at Soul Sam and Arthur Fenn on the 27th or find something else to moan about, Steve Cooper / Soul Sam er you choose

Guest StefMalajny

I guess yourl be lafin in your beer at Soul Sam and Arthur Fenn on the 27th or find something else to moan about, Steve Cooper / Soul Sam er you choose

Aplogies to steve Cooper there just moaning at Mr Daecy, I know you are the biz

:boxing::lol:

Decided to remove my post. My post My Choice tongue.gif

QoFxx

Edited by chrissieo
Guest Tom Walsh

Whats all this Steve Cooper / Soul Sam stirring The Ath does not have a do on the 27th!

If you know anything about the northern scene Steve Cooper was one of the first people to go to the US and find rare records and bring them back to the UK ask Sam he has been the beneficiary on some occasions.

aggressive.gif

Guest toby

Whats all this Steve Cooper / Soul Sam stirring The Ath does not have a do on the 27th!

If you know anything about the northern scene Steve Cooper was one of the first people to go to the US and find rare records and bring them back to the UK ask Sam he has been the beneficiary on some occasions.

:thumbsup:

Well said Pete,Steve Cooper is the dogs b*******,when it comes to SOUL,the man is an unsung hero,supplying others with tunes they would not normaly have had access to..

Steve you keep doing what your doing mate,your the star..along with Pete Hullat/Walsh..

Guest toby

PS I am just glad Toby and Mandy had left by then as I don't think Mandy would of coped with the horror of it all

Well said Pete,Steve Cooper is the dogs b*******,when it comes to SOUL,the man is an unsung hero,supplying others with tunes they would not normaly have had access to..

Steve you keep doing what your doing mate,your the star..along with Pete Hullat/Walsh..

Think I should set you some spelling homework :thumbsup::ohmy::ohmy:

QoFxx

Me too im glad we left when we did,my poor soul could not have coped with the site of you "DISCO DANCIN' ".I am glad you have taken up a new niche,ie dancing to disco,rather than moanin' & groanin' at me :( .

So do we call you the Disco Dancing queen of fools now ?????? :thumbsup::ohmy: .by the way your friendly local car boot sale will keep you in disco tunes for years to come......Abba,Rick Astley co.. :yes:

See you soon sweetie(minus the disco gear i hope)..

I can assure you there will not be a repeat performance and certainly not when you are there, your poor old ticker may not cope with it, you are at a dangerous age you know :ohmy:

QoFxx

Guest gordon russell

knowm them both for years....both got brill tunes.....both AAA-star dj's by the way someone should be able to point sam and arthur out to you when they get there

Guest gordon russell

Aplogies to steve Cooper there just moaning at Mr Daecy, I know you are the biz

you don't even know him.........seems paddy whats his face has moved his dodgy operation to PETERBOROUGH.THE BEST WAY TO SEE IF SOMEONE IS GENUINE............WHERE ELSE DO YOU SEE THEM EXCEPT AT THEIR OWN MONEY FOR ME FIRST SOUL NITES