soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 29
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hasn't it been confirmed that this is a boot from the Beach music scene?

its been released on at least two labels..ask hold tight on here for more info

does it matter what scene its from?...not all sounds being played are exclusive to the northern scene

Social source share

isnt the robert winter band an album track off the jimmy conwell guiness album

mark

it is available on an album but not sure what its called althought it is slightly different to the single

like i said before hold tight is the man who knows

moldie

Social source share

isnt the robert winter band an album track off the jimmy conwell guiness album

mark

Came out on Casablanca album of the same title by Robert Winter Band. Also on PAD 120 both mis-labeled ( this led to the confusion over artist) and correctly labeled also issued on Ripette (first licensed 45 release) both tracks on PAD120 are slightly different to other album (LOVE)/12 inch(Heaven) releases.

Apparently RW was wheelchair bound and still works in the music biz. Did a bit of disco before becoming director of an upmarket music venue I believe.

cheers for the shout Moldie

Social source share

...but a different mix to the released version. :boxing:

Yes it is Steve.

It's a queer one that might have been done 'out of the back door' so to speak but the copies of this that are coming through are all from N Carolina Beach scene, no credits (no times, no writers, no publishing) on the label, Artist name spelt incorrectly (both Lew and Kurton... becoming Lou and Curtan)... and a pretty reliable contact over there assures me that these were booted in the droves and were knocked out at $5.00.

Have even seen it for sale on Soul Source at £20.

Still for collectors of oddball, mispelling curios I'm sure its a winner!

:lol:

Sean

Social source share

Yes it is Steve.

It's a queer one that might have been done 'out of the back door' so to speak but the copies of this that are coming through are all from N Carolina Beach scene, no credits (no times, no writers, no publishing) on the label, Artist name spelt incorrectly (both Lew and Kurton... becoming Lou and Curtan)... and a pretty reliable contact over there assures me that these were booted in the droves and were knocked out at $5.00.

Have even seen it for sale on Soul Source at £20.

Still for collectors of oddball, mispelling curios I'm sure its a winner!

:boxing:

Sean

got a feeling it also came out on Pad with an instrumental B side. But I am not sure. Oddball, schmodball, plenty of other things to get before I start buying booties.

Social source share

Have even seen it for sale on Soul Source at £20....look on oven chips site and see it at £450 :boxing:

Well aware of that.

Doesn't change the fact that it's a Boot and has been for sale on here in the past 18 months for £20.

Can't believe any serious collector would rate it above that, but hey, some strange prices out there for mediocrity and oddballs.

Social source share

got a feeling it also came out on Pad with an instrumental B side. But I am not sure. Oddball, schmodball, plenty of other things to get before I start buying booties.

Think you might be right on the instrumental B side Steve.

I don't have the TK Disco 12" but think the longer intro on the PAD Boot may have been robbed from that.

Anyone confirm?

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

Well aware of that.

Doesn't change the fact that it's a Boot and has been for sale on here in the past 18 months for £20.

Can't believe any serious collector would rate it above that, but hey, some strange prices out there for mediocrity and oddballs.

i think your keyboard might be knackered..no one is denying its a boot

ill get you a bigger shovel m8 as i think you are having a dig

it aint me selling it im just posting info which im allowed to do

Social source share

I don't have the TK Disco 12" but think the longer intro on the PAD Boot may have been robbed from that.

Anyone confirm?

I have the 12 and I said to Sam when he played me the Pad version which he got earlier this year" it sounds like the 12". We didn't do an analysis though, too many better records to play, and my 12 is in the lock up - too far to walk.

Steve

Social source share

i think your keyboard might be knackered..no one is denying its a boot

ill get you a bigger shovel m8 as i think you are having a dig

it aint me selling it im just posting info which im allowed to do

My keyboard and my shovel are just fine thanks.

Earlier in the thread, Pikeys Dog was seeking confirmation as to its legitimacy and I replied to his post, which is something that I am also 'allowed to do'.

My comment about serious collectors was a general observation.

Social source share

I have the 12 and I said to Sam when he played me the Pad version which he got earlier this year" it sounds like the 12". We didn't do an analysis though, too many better records to play, and my 12 is in the lock up - too far to walk.

Steve

No doubt someone will confirm along the way Steve.

It might also have been culled from the re-packaged Expansion CD of a few years ago, which I think was a different mix to the original Alston 45.

:boxing:

Social source share

Came out on Casablanca album of the same title by Robert Winter Band.

Actually by Robert Winters & Fall.....and containing the brill 'Do It Any Way You Want' that featured on the first Soul Chasers comp on Expansion back in the 90s....always thought the title track a bit poppy....a bit like 'Heaving In The Afternoon' :boxing:

Girf

Edited by Girthdevon
Social source share

Anyone confirm?

If the Pad label version plays the same as the Ripete one, then it is definately an edited version of the 12".

The ripete copies came out very late 80s/early 90s when I first started collecting... they were £10 a pop then... I declined to buy one as I preferred the original 7" version.

Social source share

If the Pad label version plays the same as the Ripete one, then it is definately an edited version of the 12".

The ripete copies came out very late 80s/early 90s when I first started collecting... they were £10 a pop then... I declined to buy one as I preferred the original 7" version.

The ripette copy I was referring to was the Robert Winters track- love. If thats the one you meant sorry for getting wrong end of the stick and what label was it on originally. If you meant the heaven track then I know the answer.

Having listened to them again I think that both tracks ( RW and LC)are cuts of the album/12 inch versions with a bit of careful speeding up to squeeze the RW track on.

Edited by hold tight
Social source share