Brand New Faces

Guest Neil Taylor

Guest Neil Taylor

Hi i`m after this record,as anyone got a copy for sale or any info on it.....label,price etc.

thanks very much

Neil

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Neil Taylor

thanks mate,i thought it would have a price tag like that.

great version though.....quality

neil.

Social source share

Guest ZTSC

Pat Brady record for deffo . As good as Jimmy Burns and what a brilliant label.

See this go for £1200 before so if you can get one for £700 I reckon it's a good price.

Fantastic record !

Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor

Dont hear this out at all, would love to hear more of it :thumbsup:

ITS IN THE NORTH-EAST,AND BEING PLAYED.SHITTY WORKING MENS CLUB IN NEWTON AYCLIFFE....AS I WALKED IN DICKIE WONDER BEING PLAYED,PARISIANS,CHESTERFIELDS,AND THEN......WHAT A FU*CKING TUNE.......BRAND NEW FACES.AND YOUR RIGHT KEV,JUST AS GOOD AS THE JIMMY BURNS VERSION.

BAZ WHEN YOU GETTING YOURSELF TO THE BURNLEY ALL NIGHTER,YOU LIKE UPTEMPO 6TS....THIS IS THE PLACE MY FRIEND.

NEIL.....

Social source share

Pat Brady record for deffo . As good as Jimmy Burns and what a brilliant label.

See this go for £1200 before so if you can get one for £700 I reckon it's a good price.

Fantastic record !

Brady must have got it off Alan Rhodes because he was playing it at Wigan 2 years before Brady was on there

Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

John Anderson found all these...

He was seling them on the list for years, £25/ £50 etc..late 70s till early 80s

I got one after years of early morning calls, played it as my party piece and favourite play for years 83-88.

Still love it and rate it high, f*** Jimmy burns, this has got the lot.. proto- rap and sexy girl group soul....

Toss it in my casket when i go....... i'll never sell this !

Soul Sam play before Pat B.. Peterboro Fleet..

Edited by Russ Smith
Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

Yes , Pete I am mad..

I like what what i like, and have only my own taste.. i love Jimmy Burns too. Great rhythm track..

Didnt know about the Bobby James on Karol till Mr Fortnum educated me recently..

Manny sold one to my mucker for £1000 recently .. ?!! (Brand New faces)

Edited by Russ Smith
Social source share

Yes , Pete I am mad..

I like what what i like, and have only my own taste..

No, not just you - everyone on this thread!

It just really shocks me that's all, Brand New Faces isn't even a proper song, it's just some people telling you their names - it's good, but I'm just surprised thats all.

Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

Thats what i love about the record; its just the girls rapping over that genius backing track...

The rawness makes it for me; the perfect backing combined with the raw soul of the Brand New Faces,

Still love all 3 releases, i got the cheapie.

Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

Thank f**k for personal taste, Ted.

I'm so glad i like some 45s that the rest of the world havent got/wanna pay£££$$$ for.

Develop an odd taste in soul and avoid the competition..

Many djs have used this to their advantage over the years... no names mentioned.

Social source share

Thank f**k for personal taste, Ted.

I'm so glad i like some 45s that the rest of the world havent got/wanna pay£££$$$ for.

Develop an odd taste in soul and avoid the competition..

Many djs have used this to their advantage over the years... no names mentioned.

I had all 3 at one time but could never get on with BNFaces so it went, wishing i hadnt now cause i could make a lot of money from it

Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

Not many collectors on this planet could say they have had the whole set thru their hands,

Jesus.

respect to you Mr M !

COLLECTOR SUPREME

Social source share

I'm more inclined to agree with this viewpoint. A soul song needs a proper vocal not just a good backing track.

A northern soul song does not need a proper vocal, it doesn't even need a vocal at all. I always prefer an instrumental of a strong backing track to a version with a poor vocal. Still, of these three "I Really Love You" versions discussed here Jimmy Burns is clearly the one to have, Bobby James is vocally inferior and styrene, and the Brand New Faces is a bit of a novelty record IMO. I still enjoy the Brand New Faces though, even if it is nowhere near Jimmy Burns.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

A northern soul song does not need a proper vocal, it doesn't even need a vocal at all. I always prefer an instrumental of a strong backing track to a version with a poor vocal. Still, of these three "I Really Love You" versions discussed here Jimmy Burns is clearly the one to have, Bobby James is vocally inferior and styrene, and the Brand New Faces is a bit of a novelty record IMO. I still enjoy the Brand New Faces though, even if it is nowhere near Jimmy Burns.

yeah but I said SOUL not NORTHERN SOUL :ohmy::D

i'd be in full agreement with you regarding northern soul as that is purely aimed at a dancefloor.

nice you think its a novely record that was my point realy.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

No, not just you - everyone on this thread!

It just really shocks me that's all, Brand New Faces isn't even a proper song, it's just some people telling you their names - it's good, but I'm just surprised thats all.

Yeah but one of them is called Bosley, so that just about makes the record for me. :ohmy:

The flip is really rather pleasant.

Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor

all fantastic records,but the brand new faces version is the one i would sell the misses for, to own.

and....luckily for me,she dos`nt go on the wants section on here.....lol :ohmy:

Social source share

Not many collectors on this planet could say they have had the whole set thru their hands,

Jesus.

respect to you Mr M !

COLLECTOR SUPREME

Russ, I've still got Jimmy Burns (Erica), also had Bobby James (Karol) but sold it way back for around £650.00 cheap by today's standards, vocally Jimmy Burns has the edge as already mentioned, Bobby's is the original version i think as he wrote it, aka Robert Newsome, the backing track was already laid down Jimmy went into the studio put his vocal over the top and that was basically it.

I think i had 'Brand New Faces' but can't really remember? possibly had it through my hands and kept it for a week or two, not really my bag but respect if it appeals to others.

Jimmy Burns is a special record made by a special bloke, it's by far one of my favorite tunes not just because of it's quality but by the way in which i got my copy......the attatched picture pretty much says it all really, never shown too many people this letter so enjoy it.....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

post-1475-1184150014_thumb.jpg

Social source share

this also got cut again on another label in the 80s.

the teako version is pants but it has a great harmony flip. They sound a bit mexican or hispanic prehaps ?

The mystics were a hispanic group from the Pilson neighborhood in Chicago, which is a hispanic area around 18th street on the south side. The lead singer Rudy Negron died last year. The 80s record was a remake, they actually cut a whole LP in the 80s which is very rare. No connection to the mystics on orr / mystiques.

Social source share

The mystics were a hispanic group from the Pilson neighborhood in Chicago, which is a hispanic area around 18th street on the south side. The lead singer Rudy Negron died last year. The 80s record was a remake, they actually cut a whole LP in the 80s which is very rare. No connection to the mystics on orr / mystiques.

interesting is the LP any good ? worth searching for.....

I like the cleaner sound on the remake but so far only have the teako version. Would like it on the other label if you can help boba but don't think it should cost me too much ?

you've confirmed my hispanic suspicion.

Social source share

interesting is the LP any good ? worth searching for.....

I like the cleaner sound on the remake but so far only have the teako version. Would like it on the other label if you can help boba but don't think it should cost me too much ?

you've confirmed my hispanic suspicion.

The neighborhood is pilsen, not pilson, I didn't edit my post well.

There is a store on the south west side of Chicago, Beverly records. They actually pressed the LP, I think they only pressed 100 copies. However, the 45 is much more common. There is a seller on ebay from that store that frequently sells it, it usually sells for $5-10, I think the seller id is soxamo, you should look for it.

I think the teako 45 is one of the best sweet soul 45s to come out of Chicago.

Social source share

Jimmy Burns is a special record made by a special bloke, it's by far one of my favorite tunes not just because of it's quality but by the way in which i got my copy......the attatched picture pretty much says it all really, never shown too many people this letter so enjoy it.....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Nice keepsake that letter Mark - pity he didn't sign it I really love you!

What are the tapes he talks about? :unsure:

Best

Mike

Social source share

Source Advert