Vicki Williams

Just heard this version of the Etta James and Sugar Pie Desanto classic.

I've seen it described several times as 'Soul Sams latest biggie' 'Great' 'Massive'

etc

If this is whats passing for great new modern, give me played out oldies every time.

For a DJ like Sam, this is desparation stakes IMO.

Anybody got a view ? :thumbup:

Can't get the clip up Do'h.

Its at www.Topdogrecords.net under hot tunes and is highlighted in yellow when you scroll down.

For the easily pleased, its for sale @ £250. The same price I want for Moique ' Never Let You Go'. You couldn't make it up.

Mr Perplexed.

Sheffield

Edited by BLADEFORLIFE
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just heard this version of the Etta James and Sugar Pie Desanto classic.

I've seen it described several times as 'Soul Sams latest biggie' 'Great' 'Massive'

etc

If this is whats passing for great new modern, give me played out oldies every time.

For a DJ like Sam, this is desparation stakes IMO.

Anybody got a view ? :wicked:

Can't get the clip up Do'h.

Its at www.Topdogrecords.net under hot tunes and is highlighted in yellow when you scroll down.

For the easily pleased, its for sale @ £250. The same price I want for Moique ' Never Let You Go'. You couldn't make it up.

Mr Perplexed.

Sheffield

link

i thought sam's running order at sheridans was all over the place. some great records (and bad records too) but the flow imo was awful. sorry sam.

Shane

Social source share

i thought sam's running order at sheridans was all over the place. some great records (and bad records too) but the flow imo was awful. sorry sam.

Shane

link

What about the record though Shane ?

Social source share

I also wondered a bit about this after listening to the clip on the top dog site, a pretty weak later remake of the Etta James & Sugar Pie De Santo classic IMO. Did or does he really play this though? Sometimes DJ's seem to get 'credit' for records on sales lists that perhaps they never even played or at the most gave a half hearted spin or two. Just curious.

Social source share

I also wondered a bit about this after listening to the clip on the top dog site, a pretty weak later remake of the Etta James & Sugar Pie De Santo classic IMO. Did or does he really play this though? Sometimes DJ's seem to get 'credit' for records on sales lists that perhaps they never even played or at the most gave a half hearted spin or two. Just curious.

link

Understand Sam has played it. Seen a review somewhere.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!