Motown Exhibition - Anecdotes Req'd

Guest vinylvixen

Guest vinylvixen

Does anyone on list have any personal memories or reviews of Motown acts that visited the UK before 1969 that they could let me use in the forthcoming Motown photography exhibition? Even if you remember seeing artists on 'Thank Your Lucky Stars' or 'Ready Steady Go' - your reactions to seeing those acts would be great. Email me at jo.wallace@umusic.com or use the soul source email facility to send me your recollections. Full credits will be given if your piece is used. Thanks in advance. Jo :wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anyone on list have any personal memories or reviews of Motown acts that visited the UK before 1969 that they could let me use in the forthcoming Motown photography exhibition? Even if you remember seeing artists on 'Thank Your Lucky Stars' or 'Ready Steady Go' - your reactions to seeing those acts would be great.  Email me at jo.wallace@umusic.com or use the soul source email facility to send me your recollections. Full credits will be given if your piece is used.  Thanks in advance.  Jo :wicked:

link

Jo, I know a man who ran the UK Supremes fan club in the 60's...he met them and many of the others, I've seen the photos...he has loads of memorabilia and that...I'm sure he'd be delighted to help. Any use to you, let me know and I'll put you in touch, you'll like him, he's gay wicked.gif

Social source share

Jo, I know a man who ran the UK Supremes fan club in the 60's...he met them and many of the others, I've seen the photos...he has loads of memorabilia and that...I'm sure he'd be delighted to help.  Any use to you, let me know and I'll put you in touch, you'll like him, he's gay  :wicked:

link

Pete, is that Mike ya on about?.. Top bloke, his knowledge of Motown astounds me at times!, if it is, he just got a job in states wid Motown Museum for a few months.

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!