Stevie Wonder Tour - 1966 - Info Req'd

Guest vinylvixen

Guest vinylvixen

Does anyone know when Stevie Wonder toured the UK in late 1966? From the photo that I've seen, he appears to wearing an outfit very similar to what he wore on 'My Cherie Amour' which could also date it early 1967. The photographer can't be really specific about the precise date. I'm especially interested to find out about his performance at Bellevue, Manchester.......don't suppose any of you lot have an old Manchester Evening News review lurking somewhere otherwise I'll have to come up to Manchester Public Library to look through old back copies :wicked: Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Suggest you try the national newspaper archive in Colindale, I think it's still there.

TTM

Does anyone know when Stevie Wonder toured the UK in late 1966?  From the photo that I've seen, he appears to wearing an outfit very similar to what he wore on 'My Cherie Amour' which could also date it early 1967.  The photographer can't be really specific about the precise date.  I'm especially interested to find out about his performance at Bellevue, Manchester.......don't suppose any of you lot have an old Manchester Evening News review lurking somewhere otherwise I'll have to come up to Manchester Public Library to look through old back copies  :D Jo

link

Social source share

Don't remember that tour bit before my time :D

But I do remember about 1970 he appeared at The Odeon Cinema along with (I Think) Martha Reeves & The Vandellas,I couldn't go because being so young me Mam wouldn't let me go into town at night :D

Anyone remember that one?

link

Yeah I remember that one Tony, (I must have been in short trousers :D )

saw them at Lewisham Odeon for 10 bob & yes it was Martha & the Vandellas supporting. My first concert, saw quite a few Motown artists there over the next few years until they closed it down.

Dave G

Social source share

Yeah I remember that one Tony, (I must have been in short trousers  :D )

saw them at Lewisham Odeon for 10 bob & yes it was Martha & the Vandellas supporting. My first concert, saw quite a few Motown artists there over the next few years until they closed it down.

Dave G

link

I have a 1969 UK Tour programme and ticket stub.......

He toured with the Flirtations on that part of the tour.

Some cracking B&W photos in it.

It will be for sale at Prestatyn, along with loads of early Blues & Souls, 1960s/1970s fanzines, original sheet music etc....

WOOF!

Edited by pikeys dog
Social source share

I have a 1969 UK Tour programme and ticket stub.......

He toured with the Flirtations on that part of the tour.

Some cracking B&W photos in it.

It will be for sale at Prestatyn, along with loads of early Blues & Souls, 1960s/1970s fanzines, original sheet music etc....

WOOF!

link

Think that must have been a seperate tour Pikey cause the one with Martha/Vandellas supporting was I'm sure very early 71

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!