Middleton Allniter

Just want to echoes Johns sentiments it was a great weekend and a real pleasure for myself and Lisa to see everyone, the obvious highlight for me was getting the chance to DJ in Carl & Marias room in Middleton. It was great to see you both and help you celebrate 30 years married. We won't leave it as long this time before we come over again. Thanks to everyone for there friendship and hospitality and to Andy McCabe for running a fantastic allnighter.

Anyway heres my playlist from Carl Willingham Suite.

George Jackson - Don't use me - Mercury

The Bronzettes - Baby don't leave me - Double Soul

The Chosen Few - Birth of a playboy - Maple

Tommy Navarro - What's wrong with you baby - C/U

The C&C Boys - My life - Duke

Cindy Malone - Try to understand - Capitol

Brenton Wood - Sweet Molly Malone - Brent

Blondell Breed & Imports - When I see my baby - Atac

Thelma Jones - Oh, oh here come the heartaches - Barry

The Tyn Tymes - Baby I love you - Music Box

Lenny Roybal - Don't - Canterbury

Jordan Brothers - It's you girl - Jamie

Mitchell Braithwaite - You've been a long time coming - Probe

The Invincibles - Wonders of love - Ciray

Jackie Follett - I am what I am - Verve Folkways

Nancy Butts - I want to hold your hand baby - Flaming Arrow

Sue & Mel - Can't do without me - Star Track

Mill Evans - Why why why - King

Kenny & Yvonne - Come on and be my love - Columbia

The Echoes - Million dollar bill - Pulse

Paul Vann - One track mind - Chance

Little Gigi - I volunteer - Decca

Harvey Averene Dozen - Never learned to dance - Uptite

Crystal Motion - You're my main squeeze - Sound Gems

Flame 'M' King - Ho happy day - NYCS

• Replies 67
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This was a first time for myself at Middleton and :unsure: it ..I found myself having to stand near the record room trying not to miss what was being played in the main hall and in the end I wanted to get a bit of dancing in so settled myself into Carl and Maria's room.. had so good a time and stayed on the floor right up to the finish..

Will be back :P for this night in the near future.

Guest Andy BB

and is andy bb, on soul source, have to know if he liked the record or not!!!

Hiya

Yep - great record, I knew it would be as soon as I heard that Baz and Karen didn't like it. Cheers for that!

Mr McCabe - I did get lost, but only when following your ridiculously incorrect directions to the cash machine, luckily I had Ken as a bodyguard.

Great night, even though it cost me £137 to get home after losing my train tickets.

Smokers - The miraculous chinese electronic cigarettes will be on sale here soon - thus solving the fag butts outside problem!

Definitely back soon. Ta

Hiya

Yep - great record, I knew it would be as soon as I heard that Baz and Karen didn't like it. Cheers for that!

Mr McCabe - I did get lost, but only when following your ridiculously incorrect directions to the cash machine, luckily I had Ken as a bodyguard.

Great night, even though it cost me £137 to get home after losing my train tickets.

Smokers - The miraculous chinese electronic cigarettes will be on sale here soon - thus solving the fag butts outside problem!

Definitely back soon. Ta

Thats good news, I think its great and will play it sat nite, and I will be the first to place my order for the chinese cigarette thingy!! :lol:

Guest chorleybloke

Well i must agree everyone arrived very early and it really rocked. Nice to see Mark there and the usual suspects. For me Carl Fortnum did a wonderful set (and played some different material to normal)

Only one question.

Why are they no tall DJ's booked?

You promised everyone Andy that we would get the country's biggest Dj's

and there wasn't one above 5ft 8 inches. :lol:

Hard to imagine a better allnighter, 11 hours of cutting edge uptempo 60s NS - well worth the 12,000 mile journey :lol: . Not going to single out a DJ because they were all superb. Hope this venue & format continues - I'll be arranging all future trips to suit. Met loads of old (& new) mates - but somehow managed to avoid you Mr French? Legs like jelly on Sunday but ready for another mental weekend coming up.

Cheers

Pete aka Chorleybloke

Hard to imagine a better allnighter, 11 hours of cutting edge uptempo 60s NS - well worth the 12,000 mile journey :lol: . Not going to single out a DJ because they were all superb. Hope this venue & format continues - I'll be arranging all future trips to suit. Met loads of old (& new) mates - but somehow managed to avoid you Mr French? Legs like jelly on Sunday but ready for another mental weekend coming up.

Cheers

Pete aka Chorleybloke

Pete,

Great to see you Saturday as always - now thats what I call commitment!. Look forward to seeing you this weekend, Bury on Friday maybe? Stoke on Saturday?

Neil Jones :lol:

As for the niter itself, it was the fullest at the earliest its been full yet (and thats saying sommat!!) Thoroughly enjoyed the night and spent some quality time in each room for once. Some top drawer stuff being played in all three.

Tune of night for me was a request of Maria towards the end of the night - "I got a good thing going" Lynne Terry - La Salle, what a lovely, lovely record - thanks Maria.

Once Dolly had finished door duties it was possible to get on with the serious business of celebrating her birthday. I'll let her post her own thoughts on this. All I'l say is - Dolly Mixtures on the cake!!! Nice touch guys!!!

I know its late but I will post my play list Thursday evening.

Neil Jones. :lol:

Edited by burysoul

Thanks to Andy and everyone else for making me so welcome at Middleton on Saturday. It was great to see so many familiar faces. Earlier in the night had a great time at our Soulvation "unofficial" Catacombs reunion in Rugelely, so Middleton afterwards was the icing on the cake,what a brilliant crowd to play records to.Thanks to Cliff for the lift, and to the stranger in the crowd who took the trouble to come over and buy me a drink while I was playing.

Andy has asked me to post my playlist so here goes:

I NEED HELP - DETROIT LAND APPLIES (SHOTGUN)

NOBODY KNOWS - DICKIE WONDER (SOUND OF SOUL)

BABY, I LOVE YOU - HOWARDS TATE (VERVE)

PROVE IT TO ME - GARNETT MIMMS (UNITED ARTISTS)

KEEP MY WOMAN HOME - DANNY WHITE (ATLAS)

LET'S TALK IT OVER - SPENCER WIGGINS (TORCH)

TWINKLE LITTLE STAR - THE TRADITIONS (A-BET)

THREE NIGHTS AND A MORNING - BILL WITHERS (LOTUS)

I JUST CAN'T STAND IT - THE MALIBUS (DUKE)

TAKING MY WIND OF LOVE - CAROL ANDERSON (WHIP)

GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE - BARBARA MERCER (?) (UNRELEASED SIDRA)

GONNA MAKE IT UP TO YOU - KIM WESTON (UNRELEASED MOTOWN)

SOUL TRAIN - MARY WELLS (JUBILEE)

I REALLY LOVE YOU - JIMMY BURNS (ERICA)

SHE'S WANTED - LARRY CLINTON (DYNAMO)

THAT'S WHY I LOVE YOU - THE PROFESSIONALS (GROOVE CITY)

BABY DON'T YOU WEEP - EDWARD HAMILTON & THE ARABIANS (MARY JANE)

SET MY HEART AT EASE - MIKKI FARROW (KARATE)

GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE - THE SOUL TWINS (KAREN)

(ABOVE THREE DEDICATED TO MIKE TERRY)

OOH IT HURTS ME - THE CAVALIERS (UNRELEASED RCA)

DEEPER IN - THE CHOSEN FEW (TALUN)

I'M THE ONE TO DO IT (DUET VERSION) - JACKIE WILSON AND LAVERN BAKER(BRUNSWICK RE-EDIT)

I WANT YOU - THE EXPORTATIONS (VIR-RO)

YOUR LOVE KEEPS ME DANCING - IKE STRONG (MABLE)

THERE ARE ROSES SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD - BOBBY TAYLOR (SOULFLOWER)

the record I meant to play but didn't:

MISS TREATMENT - THE INCREDIBLES (AUDIO ARTS)

All the Best,

Neil

Guest tony hatfield

WOW WHAT A WEEKEND! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO MADE IT SO SPECIAL FOR US. IT WAS LOVELY TO SPEND TIME WITH OUR FRIENDS FROM IRELAND, PAUL DAVIES, JOHN DUNN,KARL AND LISA MITCHELL, MICHAEL AND SILKE FUCHS AND DANNY DUGGAN PLUS HAVING SUSI DOWN FROM SCOTLAND WAS A REAL TREAT. AISO GREAT TO MEET PHIL AND JO FROM BELFAST.

C.W. SUITE WAS WELL ATENDED AND THE NEW FLOOR GREAT.

SEE YOU ALL SEPTEMBER

MARIA AND CARL.

Hi Carl & Maria

Please can I have the date for September as booking a long overdue holiday.

Tracy & Tony (York Soul Club) :wicked::D:no:

what a brilliant nite, got to be one of the best niters in the country!!Weston blew me away, with Larry wright..sweet sweet kisses, yet again, pulls out a tune, that I never new he had,such a dark horse, great to catch up with a few mates, and hoping that when i go down stairs for a fag, next time there will be a few tables and chairs, some piped music from the main room, and a makeshift dancefloor... laugh.gif only joking, keep it up Andy, you seem to got this mix just right at Middleton, roll on the next one.

Maybe we can have some patio heaters and a couple of gazeebo's for when the weather is cold and wet which it usually is in England at the moment, only joking Andy, at least you can hear the music from Carl & Maria's room so it's not too bad standing outside.

Sharon S

A couple more playlists to come from ss members yet but time to put this middleton to bed,glad everyone enjoyed it somethin for everyone as it should be.Next niter is sept 15 with some crackin guests from all over the place, all welcome record dealers must book a table its gettin a bit busy up there thumbsup.gif .

enjoyed playing

main

john bowie - your gonna miss a good thing - merben

isonics - sugar - kammy

brice coefield - aint that right - omen

bobby taylor - blackmail - vip

butlers - laugh laugh laugh - phila

del chords - your mamma lied to your daddy - mr genius

emanuel laskey - dont lead me on - thelma

four perfections - im not strong enough - partytime

fantastic four - cant stop looking for my baby - ric tic

freeman brothers - my baby - soul

herb ward - honest to goodness - rca

irma & larks - without you baby - priority

turks - the bad brought the good - djo

jackey beavers - bring me all your heartaches

jackie lee - darkest days - abc

marvin l sims - get off my back - revue

moses smith - come on let me love you - cotillion

millionaires - and the rains came - speciality

rufus wonder - under the moon - lendo

sam & bill - i'll try - decca

sonny til - tears & misery - rca victor

tyrone ashley - i want my baby back - phil la

tobi lark - sweep it out in the shed - topper

vib vibrations - suprise party - neptune

carl & maria

brothers of soul - i'd be grateful -boo

barbara Hall - you brought it on yourself - ie

detroit emeralds - holding on - westbound

creations - a dream - zodiac

carl hall - mean it baby - loma

david coleman - drown my heart - barry

jones girls - will you there - paramount

elvin spencer - lift this hurt - tri sound

fantastic four - as long as i live - ric tic

hesitations - is this the way to treat a girl - gwp

internationals - beautiful philosophy - dor

prophecy - rain in my life - all platinum

jimmy delphs - almost - karen

nancy wilcox - my baby - rca victor

rotations - i cant find her - debrossard

sidney joe qualls - run to me - dakar

walter jackson - let me come back - brunswick

silky hargreaves - hurt by love - d town

sam dees - fragile handle with care - atlantic

maxine brown - picked up packed and put away - avco

combinations - bumpball - rcavictor

thanks

crackin' weekend, not much more to add to the previous statements, we enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks a million to Carl & Maria for inviting me to play again and for their great hospitality. Thanks to everybody else for the larfs, the drinks and the good craic. Hope to make it over again later this year. Here's what i played in Carl & Marias room:

jay holman - love is a sweet thing - falew

eddie king & mae b. may - please mr. dj - conduc

jimmy soul - change partners - s.p.q.r.

"5" royales - catch that teardrop - abc

tracie robbins - what was she doing - decca

leon peterson - searching - bobbin

j.j. barnes - won't you let me know - rich

pets - i say yeah - carnival

newports - c/u

valerie & nick - i'll find you - glover

new yorkers - don't want to be your fool - tac-ful

yvonne carol- stuck on you - domain

sparkles - try love - old town

mary moultrie - they're trying to tear us apart

jean brooks - tomorrow never came - g-note

dolls - the reason why - loma

sandra king - leave it up to the boys - bell

john speaker - i can't break the news to myself - german vogue

bobby jone's - talking 'bout jone's - expo

clarence williams - no rest for the worried - throne

shep - i'm sitting in - tnt

joyce hopson - this time - revue

johnny durain - some day I'll get over you - big city

dan folger - way of the crowd - elf

thanks

Oi Mick & Silke

I owe you one Andy for letting me loose at 12.

I would have been gutted if I had missed what turned out to be the best all nighter I've been too for ages.

Carl & maria's room was where I spent much of the night, t'was brilliant, great atmosphere and tunes to die for....... :hypo:

Thanks John for playing my request for Neil. Your whole set was pukka especially the tune that cleared the floor :thumbsup::(

I owe you one Andy for letting me loose at 12.

I would have been gutted if I had missed what turned out to be the best all nighter I've been too for ages.

Carl & maria's room was where I spent much of the night, t'was brilliant, great atmosphere and tunes to die for....... :lol:

Thanks John for playing my request for Neil. Your whole set was pukka especially the tune that cleared the floor :thumbup::lol:

No worries Mol..Dolly. I'll clear the floor for youeself and Neil anytime!!!!

Best....see you in Dublin sometime

John

Well i know its late but these p.c thingies are ok when they are working right but up and running now.

Well i will start off with my Friday trip to Middleton for Carl and Maria's anniversary get together,really nice night,music top draw as you would expect, congrates again to you both.

Now on to Saturday night cant say anything else more than as already been said, what a niter this really is do look forward to this one , thou i do spend the night in c&m room.

As usual we were treated again to some quality soul music,those irish guys sure did the bizz toons ive never heard before (just how i like it) well done lads.

Set of the night for me got to go to Maria, any set with William Cummings_ hurting thing does it for me thanks Maria and Carl.

Didnt have to much dance floor action myself but new floor just great,maybe bearsoul will let me have a square foot or two in September.

Dale

Well i know its late but these p.c thingies are ok when they are working right but up and running now.

Well i will start off with my Friday trip to Middleton for Carl and Maria's anniversary get together,really nice night,music top draw as you would expect, congrates again to you both.

Now on to Saturday night cant say anything else more than as already been said, what a niter this really is do look forward to this one , thou i do spend the night in c&m room.

As usual we were treated again to some quality soul music,those irish guys sure did the bizz toons ive never heard before (just how i like it) well done lads.

Set of the night for me got to go to Maria, any set with William Cummings_ hurting thing does it for me thanks Maria and Carl.

Didnt have to much dance floor action myself but new floor just great,maybe bearsoul will let me have a square foot or two in September.

Dale

I´LL TRY DALE BUT ONCE I GET GOING YOU NEED AN ELEPHANT GUN TO BRING ME DOWN I KEPT TRYING TO GET OFF THE FLOOR BUT BLAME THE DISC-JOCKEYS WHO KEPT PLAYING ONE TOP TUNE AFTER ANOTHER ! MY EXCUSE AND I´M STICKING TO IT thumbsup.gif

There I was having a nice relaxed evening out with Gail & our friends at the Harold Club on Saturday evening when out of the gloom in the corner came what to my eyes appeared to be a reduced version of "Robbo's" Dj stage persona but without the hat & glasses, Scary!! As it emerged from the gloom I realised it was infact "Middletons Premiere Big Mac" looking like a rather odd version of Don Estelle & Winsor Davis's love child (Luvly Boy) in knee trembler shorts & toe crusher boots (Now that was scary!!) After a 5 minute berating from Andy for not doing a piece & me trying to keep a straight face whilst been stared at by his " Butlins knobbly knees winners of 1976" I agreed to do a belated bit. rolleyes.gif

Arrived late, somewhere around midnight (35 mins from Drax in my dragster, :lol: wroom!!) & managed to catch end of Nick Hackett's set, sounded as good usual to me. Upstairs to find the York crew & Col Wood & Shirley & also to say a few "Hello's" when I was accosted by my mate Patto, Yorks verbal equivalent to speed typing, who held me hostage for 30 min's & stopped me reaching the bar as was my intention, having said that I wouldn't have him any other way. :D

After drinks on the balcony & lots of air kisses it was down to the main event, Dolly's Birthday, so lots of cards, prezzies, jokes & a cake to celebrate her special day & even Andy let her come off the door early to celebrate with us all. What a Fabulous Lady & a Great friend. :lol:

Music & dance time, as I said we missed a few Dj's but remember Sam, Flanny, Neil Rushton & Robbo, I don't have to tell how good ALL the "Jock's" are as the playlists tell you that & I repeat it every time I'm on here. Lots more room on the dancefloor as a steady flow of ciggie addicts headed for night air to refill the lungs & chat, that suited me as I need space to express myself but it took away a little from the atmosphere in the main room, which I don't think pleased Andy? :D

Anyway for me it was a top night as alway (Free entry, please) with good friends & good music & as always Robbo played us out with his usual style & aplomb, sending us into the daylight with a smile on our collective faces & thats what it's all about. :D

Till our next Soul Adventure, Take care & be safe,

Spot. :lol:

Edited by spot