• Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Spark.

Linda & the Funky Boys

Tommy Hunt

Val McKenna..etc.............or were they tailor mades?Or re-issues?Or a mixture?

Tell you what,IMHO,if Linda & the Funky Boys were worth over £10 we would all be raving about it laugh.gif:wicked:

Social source share

Spark.

Linda & the Funky Boys

Tommy Hunt

Val McKenna..etc.............or were they tailor mades?Or re-issues?Or a mixture?

Tell you what,IMHO,if Linda & the Funky Boys were worth over £10 we would all be raving about it :yes:   :wicked:

link

I take it you didn't have to suffer them playing live at Wigan in 76 :wicked:

dear me....still frightens me even now

Social source share

C'mon now.

Ace/Kent - no question. The real deal.

Most everything up there is crap.

Funniest name on a bootleg label is McKinley Mitchell on the MEMORY PAIN label.

KTF

Jas

link

Jas, one of your very few misinformed postings. OOTP released some of the best records ever played on the scene, from Jerry Williams to Chubby Checker. Around 50 releases and maybe only 5 or 6 duff ones among them.

Patti Young, Invitations, Rufus Lumley, Lynne Randell, Rat Race, Ben Aiken, well basically the entire Torch playlist.

Social source share

I take it you didn't have to suffer them playing live at Wigan in 76  :wicked:

dear me....still frightens me even now

link

I thought they were quite good, saw them the following day too at an all dayer at Baileys in Sheffield. Think they did a cover (live, don't know if it came out) of the Isley's Harvest for the world.

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

I thought they were quite good, saw them the following day too at an all dayer at Baileys in Sheffield. Think they did a cover (live, don't know if it came out) of the Isley's Harvest for the world.

link

Crikey that takes me back a while I was there too and enjoyed it at the time, did you see The Exciters there as well ?

Was that when Terry Samson was in full swing with promotions ?

Social source share

Crikey that takes me back a while I was there too and enjoyed it at the time, did you see The Exciters there as well ?

Was that when Terry Samson was in full swing with promotions ?

link

Yes "Okeh Okay OK," Saw the Exciters a couple of times at Wigan & remember (but not her name) the female singer squinting at the heaving crowd & saying over the mike "you all high or somethin'." Quite observant!!!

Remembered the week break between the 2 Linda & the Funky Boys shows cos I blew all my dosh on records at Wigan so had to thumb it over the Pennines to get home. It was freezing & didn't get back 'till late afternoon, my mum & dad went ballistic. One of the tunes was Earl Grant's Hide nor Hare which allways reminds me of the night in question, had it stolen off me a few years back & was gutted, not because I'd lost it but 'cos of the story that went with it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!