Rufus Lumley

Guest Duncan3k

Guest Duncan3k

I just got this on LP off Manchip and very happy I am too, now my quetsion is ...

Was it ever a 45?

or does the album get played out?

Duncan

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

I just got this on LP off Manchip and very happy I am too, now my quetsion is ...

Was it ever a 45?

or does the album get played out?

Duncan

link

Hi Dunc.

My fave tune ever.

Only an LP track, tho I did say a few weeks back Ian Levine played it off a moody 7 inch at the Rocket.

rest of the album is pants, but this track has no peers.

Social source share

Guest Duncan3k

Hi Dunc.

My fave tune ever.

Only an LP track, tho I did say a few weeks back Ian Levine played it off a moody 7 inch at the Rocket.

rest of the album is pants, but this track has no peers.

link

Cheers mate, one of my all timers too, didnt expect to pay what I did but well worth it.

Good cover on the LP thou!!

DB

Social source share

Sounds better when you convert it to mono and put it on a 7" though ... Rufus Lumley died last year and his widow wrote to me asking if I could get hold of his records for her, sad isn't it when the family don't even have them...all she had was a rubbish RCA single. I said she could have my Stateside demo of I'm Standing for $500 but for some reason she never got back in touch :wicked:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Cheers mate, one of my all timers too, didnt expect to pay what I did but well worth it.

Good cover on the LP thou!!

DB

link

Dont want to add to your pain, but Matt from Trowbridge got it off a rock part of Ebay for 99cents plus $6 p&p a couple of months ago. :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Duncan3k

Dont want to add to your pain, but Matt from Trowbridge got it off a rock part of Ebay for 99cents plus $6 p&p a couple of months ago. :wicked:

link

No pain really, I got it from Aussie ebay a while ago, only for it to take nearly two months to arrive and to find that the record in the sleeve was something completely different, I contacted the guy and he refunded the money as he couldnt find the record!!

So at least with Manship you gets what you pays for.

Now who can I get to do a 7 " off it??

DB

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

No pain really, I got it from Aussie ebay a while ago, only for it to take nearly two months to arrive and to find that the record in the sleeve was something completely different,  I contacted the guy and he refunded the money as he couldnt find the record!!

DB

link

I went to a little place in Nottingham and had it put on a 7" in mono, keep meaning to get Mr Bicknell to play it out for me, but every time I go to find him at a Nighter he is well gone, if you know what i mean, Hic!

Social source share

Once saw a youth at a cleethorpes niter with Taj Mahal LP (A LOTTA lOVE) cut down to 7" by a hacksaw I think. I assume it must have been the last track. Some folks only like 'singles'.

Ed

link

I remember seeing this at Wigan!!

Pretty rough job as well if memory serves. I think one of the Brackenridge twins from Mr M's bought it from that youth.

Godz

ps I stoped buying copies of the Rufus Lumley LP as I couldn't shift them for a tenner. Something to do with it being a dramatic pop record rather than soul I supposed :wicked:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

ps I stoped buying copies of the Rufus Lumley LP  as I couldn't shift them for a tenner. Something to do with it being a dramatic pop record rather than soul I supposed  :wicked:

link

Wash your mouth out Godz!!

:wicked:

Social source share

No pain really, I got it from Aussie ebay a while ago, only for it to take nearly two months to arrive and to find that the record in the sleeve was something completely different,  I contacted the guy and he refunded the money as he couldnt find the record!!

DB

link

I'll do you one if you want.

On the subject of lp's being cut down - chap from round here, Swoz, had the Kiki Dee album on UK Tamla Motown and the last or last but one track was a version of More Today Than Yesterday - he had that cut down to a 7".

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Tee Hee Hee :yes:

While I would never dispute people's right to enjoy whatever the want (Music-wise that is :wicked: ) I have to say that old Rufus always sounded like a dodgy Elvis impersonator.  :wicked:

Each to his own though...

Godz

link

I went apoplectic when somebody said Betty Turner - winds kept laughing, was 'lightwieght pop'.

I'm mellowing now.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!