Nsoul Magazine

With the next issue due for launch at Prestatyn which features a full page article from Kolla on the ever popular SOUL SOURCE fanbase. I wondered if there are any willing contributors to work on our SPECIAL FEATURES page.

At present we are searching for a decent wordsmith that could deliver a 500 word overview on the rarity I'M WAITING-BILL BUSH.

Aptly titled 'DISECT THE DISC'. The theme offers a full explaination on its basic popularity.

If you would care to drop me a line to info@goldsoul.co.uk I would be keen to explore any ideas you may have.

Kind regards to all

Kev Roberts

Social source share

• Replies 53
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

With the next issue due for launch at Prestatyn which features a full page article from Kolla on the ever popular SOUL SOURCE fanbase. I wondered if there are any willing contributors to work on our SPECIAL FEATURES page.

At present we are searching for a decent wordsmith that could deliver a 500 word overview on the rarity I'M WAITING-BILL BUSH.

Aptly titled 'DISECT THE DISC'. The theme offers a full explaination on its basic popularity.

If you would care to drop me a line to info@goldsoul.co.uk I would be keen to explore any ideas you may have.

Kind regards to all

Kev Roberts

link

Is Bill Bush still concidered rare? :wicked:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Kind regards to all

Kev Roberts

link

I've been saying for ages that someone should give Gareth X a go on a magazine. His knowledge is top rate, about a wide area of rare soul, and he writes so eloquently. You could do a hell of a lot worse than twist his arm into doing some articles for your mag Kev.

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

I keep reading that it aint rare and its overpriced..How many copies are out there????I love the record but like with Joe Tex it could do with a rest and then it wll still sound special to me...

Give the job to the Yorkshire spelling club...

link

Perhaps you could do an article little stevie re: Overplaying of records at top ten in your opinion

Social source share

Good idea Mr Orton but it would run to about 500 at least..Thats a lot to write for a boy who was still doing clocks in the 5th year..Yorkshire education,its just like Kez...Could ask Shane,he looks the brightest out of us lot....He can count at least to sell his tunes and he writes the names of the artist on the sleeves

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Give the job to the Yorkshire spelling club...

link

Probably not be proof read on the basis of the posts on this thread, so spelling not likely to be important.

Joe, don't understand your post, sorry. What do you mean ?

link

Social source share

Probably not be proof read on the basis of the posts on this thread, so spelling not likely to be important.

Joe, don't understand your post, sorry. What do you mean ?

link

Sorry , was a bit poorly put across , just in relation to Little Stevies cmment re: currently overplayed tracks played on the scene at the moment

link

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Sorry , was a bit poorly put across , just in relation to Little Stevies cmment re: currently overplayed tracks played on the scene at the moment

link

Sorry, as Stevie says, Yorkshire Education. Where I lived, we thought Kes was about Eton schoolboys. :wicked:

link

Social source share

Good idea Mr Orton but it would run to about 500 at least..Thats a lot to write for a boy who was still doing clocks in the 5th year..Yorkshire education,its just like Kez...Could ask Shane,he looks the brightest out of us lot....He can count at least to sell his tunes and he writes the names of the artist on the sleeves

link

:wicked:

i could be an agony aunt or do the soul horoscopes. Or readers wives! :wicked:

Shane

Social source share

seriously though Matt Bolton is an excellent writer. Check out his review of the 100 club a few months ago.

He may be a bit poncey with all those big words and imaginative construction for the un-educated lot but he can do a good job I am sure! :wicked:

Go on Matt, jump in mate.

Social source share

i could be an agony aunt or do the soul horoscopes. Or readers wives!  :yes:

Shane

link

Remember Shane, its "N Soul". "Everything" has "to" go "in" "inverted" "commas"

" :wicked: "

Social source share

Mikey, have to confer with you about Sweeney's knowledge. It's encyclopaedic at the worst of times. Bout time he got a crack at the quill.

Don't ask Orton to do owt. He still spell-checks his grocery list.

But seriously. Joe's way with words is great. Despite his typo's. And I can take pics of soul stars. We could be like Fatman and Bobbins.

Social source share

Remember Shane, its "N Soul". "Everything" has "to"  go "in" "inverted" "commas"

:wicked: "

link

its not me who uses the " " !

have a look at your mate vaultofsouler, he loves "them"

Just hope they dont let anyone write who considers themselves to be a 'noise' in the old days. too many people living off a reputation earned 25 years ago!

Shane

ps Brett Franklin is also a good writer. He reads 'war and peace' for breakfast!

Shane

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Just hope they dont let anyone write who considers themselves to be a 'noise' in the old days. too many people living off a reputation earned 25 years ago!

Shane

ps Brett Franklin is also a good writer. He reads 'war and peace' for breakfast!

Shane

link

You can't fit War & Peace on the back of a cornflakes box can you ?

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Mikey, have to confer with you about Sweeney's knowledge. It's encyclopaedic at the worst of times. Bout time he got a crack at the quill.

Don't ask Orton to do owt. He still spell-checks his grocery list.

But seriously. Joe's way with words is great. Despite his typo's. And I can take pics of soul stars. We could be like Fatman and Bobbins.

link

Typhoo's are great they add character and realisim to words !!!!!!!

Social source share

Shane

1) " I" "didn't" "mean" "you". "I" "was" "being" "bitchy".

2) :wicked:

3) Aah, the "Old Days"

" :wicked: "

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

CAPS CANT BE BLINKIN ANNOYING TOO.

Talkin of which. Why doesnt Mick Smith come on here any more? His crossing of swords with Pete S was very entertaining.

Social source share

let you off Steve. I dont put you in the 'old days' category after our chat the other night. Even though I am sure you remember when god was a lad. :wicked:

Shane

Social source share

let you off Steve. I dont put you in the 'old days' category after our chat the other night. Even though I am sure you remember when god was a lad.  :wicked:

Shane

link

Went to the King Mojo with him. :wicked:

BTW Has Bill Bush been bootlegged ?

Does anybody think it might be ? :yes:

Social source share

Went to the King Mojo with him. :wicked:

BTW Has Bill Bush been bootlegged ?

Does anybody think it might be ?  :wicked:

link

I thought it would be a real one at £25....Thats a big price for us folk in Yaaarkshire....

"baby i'm lost without you,baby can't do without you,baby i'll boot you if i can't have you"...Top tune....

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

I thought it would be a real one at £25....Thats a big price for us folk in Yaaarkshire....

"baby i'm lost without you,baby can't do without you,baby i'll boot you if i can't have you"...Top tune....

link

Little Stevie quoting romantic lyrics like that , He'll nevr be able to brave Hudderfield town centre again

Social source share

Why bother writing 500 words on Bill Bush when one word would do........"Crap"

link

There is an email address you know John. :wicked:

BTW, Pity you missed Soulsville :wicked: Excellent !

Steve

Social source share

It is in the Potteries! :wicked:

link

I think this record is another example of what happens when quite a few D.J's get beind a record an start hammering it. It begins to become familiar and irrespective of it's lack of soul content, it gains popularity, then everyone wants one, price rockets, thats Northern Soul i'm affraid...........

Ah perfect smilie

Social source share

I think this record is another example of what happens when quite a few D.J's get beind a record an start hammering it.  It begins to become familiar and irrespective of it's lack of soul content, it gains popularity, then everyone wants one, price rockets, thats Northern Soul i'm affraid...........

Ah perfect smilie

link

Totally agree John, it then gets boring hearing the same thing week in week out, different DJ same playbox almost.

Social source share

CAPS CANT BE BLINKIN ANNOYING TOO.

Talkin of which. Why doesnt Mick Smith come on here any more? His crossing of swords with Pete S was very entertaining.

link

Because I scared him off.

No, actually because he thinks most of what is spoken is a load of rubbish and he gets angry reading stuff written by people who haven't been on the scene for at least 30 years :wicked:

Honestly. Anyway, he's off away somewhere again at the moment.

Social source share

I think this record is another example of what happens when quite a few D.J's get beind a record an start hammering it.   It begins to become familiar and irrespective of it's lack of soul content, it gains popularity, then everyone wants one, price rockets, thats Northern Soul i'm affraid...........

Ah perfect smilie

link

You are right in what you say John, but given that every local Friday night DJ has a copy of this (of some description!!!) and a good few of us consider it a record that, at best, soon wears off....who is creating the demand to keep the price high? :wicked:

Edited by Dave
Social source share

link

Shanes a good call.......he could write about Hillsborough

Social source share

Shanes a good call.......he could write about Hillsborough

link

kev, i could write a book about hillsborough nevermind a magazine article! :wicked:

would Goldmine be kind enough to publish it? :wicked:

Shane

Social source share

"I've been saying for ages that someone should give Gareth X a go on a magazine. His knowledge is top rate, about a wide area of rare soul, and he writes so eloquently. You could do a hell of a lot worse than twist his arm into doing some articles for your mag Kev"

I agree. Lean on Gareth. He's the oracle - as in an authoritative or wise statement or prediction.

However if ur looking for a short sharp bit of prose that is sure to alienate most right mind thinking folk......drop me a line.

Gareth will be factually correct.

I'll sell more copy :wicked:

Social source share

Why bother writing 500 words on Bill Bush when one word would do........"Crap"

link

====================================================

Now Now thats not nice :wicked:

Look into my eyes not round my eyes your under :wicked:

Bill Bush biggie c/up for Gary Spencer yonks ago

infectious beat hypotizes all who hear it Northern dancer YES !

SOUL MUSIC NEVER IN YOUR WILDEST DREAMS :(

Social source share

Bit like Hello magazine then?!!!  :wicked:

link

yeah but without the glamour. a bit more down to earth.......oxford bags rather than prada.....beer guts rather than tummy tucks......etc :wicked:

Shane

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

yeah but without the glamour. a bit more down to earth.......oxford bags rather than prada.....beer guts rather than tummy tucks......etc  :wicked:

Shane

link

I think Im gonna do an article in the syle of Hello but using Soul source members , who will give us a guided tour around their house , and have photographs taken in uncomfotrable and forced postions and settings !!!

Social source share

I think Im gonna do an article in the syle of Hello  but using Soul source members , who will give us a guided tour around their house , and have photographs taken in uncomfotrable and forced postions and settings  !!!

link

Oh goody, we get to dress up then?!!! blush.gif

Social source share

You can dress in what ever you desire !

link

desire - did you mean designer and like me when had a drink cant spell? or is that a new make I dont know about? I get so confused, can I just wear jeans and t shirt to make life easier for me?! blush.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!