Hedensford Allniter Aquarias Club

SAT AUG 11 9 PM TILL 7 AM 12 QUID OTD

SOULTOWN AND CONNISEUR SOUL CLUB 3 ROOM NITER AT THE AQUARIAS CLUB HEDENSFORD

THIS IS THE SECOND OF OUR NITERS HERE FIRST ONE WAS OK THIS ONE WILL BE BETTER ALL TEETHING PROBLEMS SORTED, MAIN ROOM 60S AND 70S SOUL ROOM 2 MODERN AND CROSSOVER ROOM 3 R N B.

A VERY STRONG LINE UP IN ALL 3 ROOMS IN A CRACKIN CLUB WITH A SUPERB DANCE FLOOR,WILL GIVE FINAL LINE UPS AS SOON AS CONFIRMED.

• Replies 72
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Last one was supurb, really enjoyed the soulful house room. will try my hardest to be at this one, defo coming to the Oct(i think is the date?) one

THIS IS THE SECOND OF OUR NITERS HERE FIRST ONE WAS OK THIS ONE WILL BE BETTER ALL TEETHING PROBLEMS SORTED, MAIN ROOM 60S AND 70S SOUL ROOM 2 MODERN AND CROSSOVER ROOM 3 R N B.

A VERY STRONG LINE UP IN ALL 3 ROOMS IN A CRACKIN CLUB WITH A SUPERB DANCE FLOOR,WILL GIVE FINAL LINE UPS AS SOON AS CONFIRMED.

Sorry mate, I don't know where you get superb dance floor from, it's the worst I've experienced in six years. :D Put me off ever going here again which is a pity cos as you sat, it is a crackin place.

Really looking forward to adding this one to the list of nighters visited. Heard great things about the music last time round. See you Sat Andy :D

I get the bit about the dance floor from what everybody told us but they must have all been wrong, all about opinions i suppose.It will be good to have you on the decks again ged m8 along with soul sam john poole des parker dave rivers john weston and a few more tbc.Harpo and joe dutton will give details of the other 2 rooms.

Sorry mate, I don't know where you get superb dance floor from, it's the worst I've experienced in six years. :( Put me off ever going here again which is a pity cos as you sat, it is a crackin place.

thats one of the best dance floors ive been on in the last 30 years :thumbsup:

mr whizz

Guest soul city

thats one of the best dance floors ive been on in the last 30 years :D

mr whizz

crakin venue Bill eh! looking forward to this one,modern room good too (turn you to the modern side yet Billy,you and Coggy lol) :(:hypo::thumbsup:wink.gif

you going Stoke Bill!

Edited by soul city
Guest Phil Richards

Sorry mate, I don't know where you get superb dance floor from, it's the worst I've experienced in six years. :thumbsup: Put me off ever going here again which is a pity cos as you sat, it is a crackin place.

So a small problem with the dance floor,hey its a new venue and i am sure Andy & Alan will sort it out.

Did not go myself but had reports back from friends who did said it was a excellent night hope to get along there myself soon.

Good luck guys

So a small problem with the dance floor,hey its a new venue and i am sure Andy & Alan will sort it out.

Did not go myself but had reports back from friends who did said it was a excellent night hope to get along there myself soon.

Good luck guys

Look, I travelled 90 miles or so to go to this and the dance floor was near impossible for me to dance on without almost ripping out my calf muscles, talc making no difference. I was wearing my usual dancing shoe and have very little problem elsewhere. As I go out primarily to dance, this is no small problem and I think it's disingenuous to put "SUPERB DANCE FLOOR" when patently it isn't. I may be in a minority of one and you may feel I'm out of line expressing my opinion and upsetting your mates, but I'm telling it as I see it.

Guest Phil Richards

Look, I travelled 90 miles or so to go to this and the dance floor was near impossible for me to dance on without almost ripping out my calf muscles, talc making no difference. I was wearing my usual dancing shoe and have very little problem elsewhere. As I go out primarily to dance, this is no small problem and I think it's disingenuous to put "SUPERB DANCE FLOOR" when patently it isn't. I may be in a minority of one and you may feel I'm out of line expressing my opinion and upsetting your mates, but I'm telling it as I see it.

If you look at Andy's post he said "THIS ONE WILL BE BETTER ALL TEETHING PROBLEMS SORTED"

I take it that means the dance floor.

No problem with your opinion you are entitled to it.

As for upsetting mates i don't know Andy never meet him, as for Alan only ever spoke to him on the phone

If you look at Andy's post he said "THIS ONE WILL BE BETTER ALL TEETHING PROBLEMS SORTED"

I take it that means the dance floor.

No problem with your opinion you are entitled to it.

As for upsetting mates i don't know Andy never meet him, as for Alan only ever spoke to him on the phone

They said that after the first one so I suppose I only have myself to blame for going again but I did so cos as everyone is agreed it's a great night, albeit for me, not floor wise.

I WASN`T TOO HAPPY WITH THIS DANCEFLOOR EITHER, ALTHOUGH IT LOOKED PERFECT. I LIKE A BIT OF NATURAL`SLIDE` WITHOUT THE USE OF TALC. MY TATTY BUT MUCH LOVED SHOES HAVE LEATHER SOLES AND ARE DESIGNED FOR DANCE BUT I FOUND THIS DANCEFLOOR WAS HARD WORK. I KNOW ITS ALL DOWN TO PREFERENCE, SLIPPY OR NOT & YOU CAN`T ALWAYS PLEASE EVERYONE. IT WASN`T SO BAD THAT IT WOULD STOP ME EVER GOING TO THIS VENUE AGAIN BUT I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL BECAUSE IT HAS STOPPED ME FROM ATTENDING SOME OTHERS. IF A DANCER CANT DANCE, HE AINT HAPPY!

CHRIS

Black Cat R&B Club

Room #3

Playing 60s R&B, Funk, Ska and whatever else floats yer boats...

Residents: Hoss, Mik Parry and Joe Dutton

This events guests: Bob Morris (tbc) and Karl Heard

Sounds interesting Joe.

Wouldn't mind getting over to this and hearing what Mik's got to offer.

Do you have the postcode, for multimap?

Ah, that was the problem, thanks Ged! :thumbup: Honestly though I actually considered taking my shoes off!

On a serious note for moment. I don't know for certain about here but some insurance companies are insisting that a non-slip coating is put on wooden dance floors. It's a way to reduce liability by showing 'due dilligence' should anyone slip. Its the same reason talc is being banned from many venues. The compo culture is the issue I'm affraid.

On a serious note for moment. I don't know for certain about here but some insurance companies are insisting that a non-slip coating is put on wooden dance floors. It's a way to reduce liability by showing 'due dilligence' should anyone slip. Its the same reason talc is being banned from many venues. The compo culture is the issue I'm affraid.

Its the same as councils cant put the sign up,play ground just in case any body plays there and hurts them self,playing.W.A.L.O.B. :thumbup:

Kev :thumbup:

I had no problems dancing on what is a competition standard ballroom, i find one leather sole and a crampon on the other works well, they usually vend crampons from a machine in the ladies, well thats what i think they said.

This venue is spot on and i reccomend you all to get down to the August event, the last one was great in the modern room, and from feedback i've had the big 'un was good to

Bob hinsley and Davy Bell join Jayne Carter phil harrison and Terry g in the modern room, along with myself finishing off the last hour with late 70's and early 80's class sounds

Was at Kings last night the word is deff. out and its gonna be very busy, so get your asses down to the Aquarius

Harpo

Guest FrostyJak

3 rooms????? thought there was only 2 ????

Yes wot did happen to that "third room ?" :D

Wos told some piff about it was full of chairs the couldn't be moved in time???

Good venue though I go to J11 there . Have found the dance floor has improved from the last niter even if my dancing hasn't if you can get near the stage you might find it better there

Black Cat R&B Club

Room #3

Playing 60s R&B, Funk, Ska and whatever else floats yer boats...

Residents: Hoss, Mik Parry and Joe Dutton

This events guests: Bob Morris (tbc) and Karl Heard

Hiya Joe,

any idea what the third room is like, how big, state of dancefloor? Am seriously considering comin to this cos I love ALL music played by Hoss, Mik, Joe, Bob and Karl, but will be very disappointed if dancefloor is no good, cos I NEED to dance. Even prepared to miss NMD (soz KevC) for this.

How about you StevieT - you comin to this? NMD first, then this?

Thanks for any advance info.

Perdita

crakin venue Bill eh! looking forward to this one,modern room good too (turn you to the modern side yet Billy,you and Coggy lol) thumbup.gif:lol::thumbsup::P

you going Stoke Bill!

You Kno uve tried and failed on gettin me into the modern Tommo,But god luvs a trier!

As for the dancefloor bein SHITE utter crap!! They obviousley never attended Burslem Queens hall,seen a few on their arses in there but was that the floor to blame LOL :lol:

I suggest stabilisers for the 1st hour or so.

mike cog

Guest soul city

You Kno uve tried and failed on gettin me into the modern Tommo,But god luvs a trier!

As for the dancefloor bein SHITE utter crap!! They obviousley never attended Burslem Queens hall,seen a few on their arses in there but was that the floor to blame LOL :sleep3:

I suggest stabilisers for the 1st hour or so.

mike cog

can't wait for this niter bloody brilliant last time (cracking venue all round) and to make it extra special ive a week off from work :sweatingbullets::sleep3::lol::thumbsup::sleep3:

p.s.Mike see you in the modern room lol.

Edited by soul city
Guest Matt Male

The one and only time i've been to the Aqua was the KTF get together which must have been about seven years ago i think. Definately going on Saturday after bottling the Marrs Bar after Nuneaton. Was too pished :ohmy:

See you all there :thumbsup:

The one and only time i've been to the Aqua was the KTF get together which must have been about seven years ago i think. Definately going on Saturday after bottling the Marrs Bar after Nuneaton. Was too pished :lol:

See you all there :ohmy:

Perhaps this should be a SS get together we could all carry a red carnation :D or maybe to indicate which side of the fence we are on an original, a boot or a CD :lol: . I always intend to put some faces to names at events but usually end up with my nose stuck in record boxes. So anyone feel free to tap me on the shoulder and say ello :lol: no talking about politics though please :thumbsup:

Looking forward to this as a three roomer less modern and R&B in the main room :lol:

Perhaps this should be a SS get together we could all carry a red carnation :D or maybe to indicate which side of the fence we are on an original, a boot or a CD :lol: . I always intend to put some faces to names at events but usually end up with my nose stuck in record boxes. So anyone feel free to tap me on the shoulder and say ello :lol: no talking about politics though please :thumbsup:

Looking forward to this as a three roomer less modern and R&B in the main room :lol:

=====

yes we'll have to meet up,,still loads of SS'ers not met yet..

Couple of days to go now before our second niter at the aquarias have asked everyone i know bout the dance floor, not one had a bad word for it so hopefully that sorts that out.First one sound system was,nt up to it that has been replaced so should be no worries there.Music policy is same as middleton 3 rooms totaly diffrent, main room 60s and 70s soul room 2 modern and crossover room 3 r n b so hopefuly some thin for everyone.As with middleton the main room will give the djs a free hand to play what they like and with djs like john poole dave welding dave rimmer john weston mick howard ged parker colin wood dave rivers soul sam and a few more it will be a varied nite.Everyone is welcome all we ask is that you leave bolotics petty squabbles and any other bullshit from other venues at the door.Hopefuly we have addressed any teething problems from the first one so should be a cracker,but were ever you go av a good un :D .

Couple of days to go now before our second niter at the aquarias have asked everyone i know bout the dance floor, not one had a bad word for it so hopefully that sorts that out.First one sound system was,nt up to it that has been replaced so should be no worries there.Music policy is same as middleton 3 rooms totaly diffrent, main room 60s and 70s soul room 2 modern and crossover room 3 r n b so hopefuly some thin for everyone.As with middleton the main room will give the djs a free hand to play what they like and with djs like john poole dave welding dave rimmer john weston mick howard ged parker colin wood dave rivers soul sam and a few more it will be a varied nite.Everyone is welcome all we ask is that you leave bolotics petty squabbles and any other bullshit from other venues at the door.Hopefuly we have addressed any teething problems from the first one so should be a cracker,but were ever you go av a good un :D .

-====

if its half as good as the last middleton,,we'r e in for a treat!

c u saturday!

Guest Matt Male

I will be going with a couple of mates,Iam looking forward to it,but whats the parking like?

Kev :P

As far as i remember there's a big carpark right in front of it.

Couple of days to go now before our second niter at the aquarias have asked everyone i know bout the dance floor, not one had a bad word for it so hopefully that sorts that out.First one sound system was,nt up to it that has been replaced so should be no worries there.Music policy is same as middleton 3 rooms totaly diffrent, main room 60s and 70s soul room 2 modern and crossover room 3 r n b so hopefuly some thin for everyone.As with middleton the main room will give the djs a free hand to play what they like and with djs like john poole dave welding dave rimmer john weston mick howard ged parker colin wood dave rivers soul sam and a few more it will be a varied nite.Everyone is welcome all we ask is that you leave bolotics petty squabbles and any other bullshit from other venues at the door.Hopefuly we have addressed any teething problems from the first one so should be a cracker,but were ever you go av a good un biggrin.gif .

Andy, I really hope I'm in a minority of one on this (poor dance floor-imho) as the Aquarius is such a great place. I give my opinion and if other people don't like it or agree with it, tough! Anyway, you should also have asked them all how to spell HEDNESFORD while you were at it. :P Picky, me? :D Have a good night all! thumbsup.gif

Couple of days to go now before our second niter at the aquarias have asked everyone i know bout the dance floor, not one had a bad word for it so hopefully that sorts that out.First one sound system was,nt up to it that has been replaced so should be no worries there.Music policy is same as middleton 3 rooms totaly diffrent, main room 60s and 70s soul room 2 modern and crossover room 3 r n b so hopefuly some thin for everyone.As with middleton the main room will give the djs a free hand to play what they like and with djs like john poole dave welding dave rimmer john weston mick howard ged parker colin wood dave rivers soul sam and a few more it will be a varied nite.Everyone is welcome all we ask is that you leave bolotics petty squabbles and any other bullshit from other venues at the door.Hopefuly we have addressed any teething problems from the first one so should be a cracker,but were ever you go av a good un biggrin.gif .

I hope u got them shorts on again still laughing keep the good work up exspecially on the tricepts lol

Guest soul city

I hope u got them shorts on again still laughing keep the good work up exspecially on the tricepts lol

you goin then Billy cu there mate thumbsup.gif

Guest Scarborosoul

Just to put any doubts out of anyones minds the big dance floor was fcucking superb me billy big gaz and a few others were spinning like idiots and you cant do that on a crap floor! The floor was actcually flat with no lumps or bumps or grooves! The actual nighter itsself was also superb. Dont know if I can make this one but if not i can honestly say you will enjoy.

Just to put any doubts out of anyones minds the big dance floor was fcucking superb me billy big gaz and a few others were spinning like idiots and you cant do that on a crap floor! The floor was actcually flat with no lumps or bumps or grooves! The actual nighter itsself was also superb. Dont know if I can make this one but if not i can honestly say you will enjoy.

get ur ass down there u only live twice ur right its a superb floor bi thumbup.gif lly

Guest soul city

sure thing andy car full of us going up i'll be taking it easy that night i'm having snip fri billy

why you avin a haircut then Bill, had mine cut last week lol

The shorts will be on billy,and this is looking like a very busy nite a lot of record dealers have booked tables and lots of messages for directions from all over the uk[could be another middleton].Sorry you wont be coming mark but i think the dance floor debate has been settled in my favour but av a good were ever you go m8.If you,ve never been to th aquarias ther are no carpark worries big carpark at side of club with an attendant on all nite.And billy watch those nuts m8 dont want any chaffing do we :rolleyes: .