What You Playing That You've Never Span Before?

mischief

Just sitting at my desk thinking what records to sort out to take to Exeter for Saturday night... and it got me thinking..

If your out and about Djing this weekend, Have you got a new record you've never played out before, and thinking how will it go down...

Mines going to be

I L.O.V.E Y.O.U - TERRY COLLINS :wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Jimmy Beaumont - a North Herts fave since the early days, for me at least, of the late 70's and a great flip too! Why aren't toons like this spun any more???? One I've been respinning at the Plinston, and another old fave of mine, the fab Dee Dee Sharp 'Standing In The Need Of Love'. Class oldie due for a reactivation.

Social source share

The Sonics - Don't be afraid of the dark  :wicked:

link

Hey pete, I've only seen this on a repress LP, which I think has mostly rockabilly style songs. Whats the story on this? Is there a 45? What year was it recorded? I remember the song pretty well, just hazy on the details...

Social source share

Just sitting at my desk thinking what records to sort out to take to Exeter for Saturday night... and it got me thinking..

If your out and about Djing this weekend, Have you got a new record you've never played out before, and thinking how will it go down...

Mines going to be

I L.O.V.E Y.O.U - TERRY COLLINS  blush.gif

link

Beverley & Duane - You Belong To Me - Brown Bomber

Not played this out since I picked it up. I flipped it over and I think I prefer the 'Love' side (Your reference to the Terry Collins track twigged my memory!)

I'm playing at a 70's/Rare Groove/Funk night on Friday and may be tempted to play it - But which side folks????

(For the benefit of Pete-S, yes I know it's Sh*t, and should play neither side and just snap it in half :huh: )

Social source share

Thats two dirty b*****d fans we have on the site now.

Not happy. :angry: :huh:

link

Hey loafer, have you listened to that tape I gave you? or have you not got an 8 track set up alongside all your youthful modern gadgetry??? :yes:

Jamie blush.gif

Social source share

Hey pete, I've only seen this on a repress LP, which I think has mostly rockabilly style songs. Whats the story on this? Is there a 45? What year was it recorded? I remember the song pretty well, just hazy on the details...

link

It was released on a 45 on the Etiquette label back in 1965. It's the flipside to "Shot Down" which is the side I personally would be buying it for. Not that "Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark" is a bad tune, it's just that "Shot Down" is one of the meanest, most distorted and blasting 60s tunes ever recorded. blush.gif

Social source share

I also played a couple for the first time at 'Soulsville' last weekend.

Danny Moore - Somebody New - Allrite

Willi J - Boogie With Your Baby - Ki Ki

Not straight after one-another you will note blush.gif:yes:

Jamie :huh:

Social source share

My new spin last weekend at the Southern Soul Movement was Competition - Timmie Williams on Mala DJ.

Paul

SITC

link

OOOooh lovely, Paul!!!

I'm so jealous!!! :huh:

Jamie blush.gif

Social source share

Hey loafer, have you listened to that tape I gave you? or have you not got an 8 track set up alongside all your youthful modern gadgetry???  :huh:

Jamie  blush.gif

link

Listened to it last night in bed. Couldn't sleep so i banged it on.

Very good comp young squire.

Ill give it a rather good 8/10.

Social source share

Jimmy Beaumont - a North Herts fave since the early days, for me at least, of the late 70's and a great flip too! Why aren't toons like this spun any more???? One I've been respinning at the Plinston, and another old fave of mine, the fab Dee Dee Sharp 'Standing In The Need Of Love'. Class oldie due for a reactivation.

link

Remember in ther late 70s Randy having one of his periodical clear outs & getting

Jimmy Beaumont , absolutely brilliant both sides & also

Big Dee Irwin - You satisfy my needs

Ray Pollard - It's a sad thing

all white demos for either 6 or 8 quid (can't remember which)

I was a very happy bunny that day blush.gif

Social source share

Listened to it last night in bed. Couldn't sleep so i banged it on.

Very good comp young squire.

Ill give it a rather good 8/10.

link

My tape sent you to sleep. Hmmm. I'll take that as a compliment :huh::yes:

I suppose it is Mid/Down Tempo, so I'll let you off :D

Jimbob blush.gif

Social source share

My tape sent you to sleep. Hmmm. I'll take that as a compliment  :huh:   :yes:

I suppose it is Mid/Down Tempo, so I'll let you off  :D

Jimbob  thumbsup.gif

link

I didn't put it on to send me to sleep, i was just awake so i thought id give it a listen.

Its a top comp.

Will you do us another for next new century?

Ah go on....say you will.....ah please...

Social source share

I didn't put it on to send me to sleep, i was just awake so i thought id give it a listen.

Its a top comp.

Will you do us another for next new century?

Ah go on....say you will.....ah please...

link

Only yoking mate :huh:

I'll do you another, how about up-tempo 70's Disco stormers?? thumbsup.gif

Jamie

Social source share

More like Dogs of War. :D Next time I get asked to DJ will also be playing Companions - Be Yourself on G.A.

link

Roll on next sunday. We'll see who the real dogs of war are.

Im predicting a claret win and that being the catalyst for rovers demise into the skid mark of the football league.

Social source share

Actually mischief, I know this record.  I have it in a shoe box in a cupboard somewhere, U.K warner bros.  If my memory serves me right.

Nice 70's track If I remember.  Must dig it out and give it a spin.........

link

yeh dig it out and play it... just the right sound for now.....(imho)

think after I came across it, then looked into it, I see another one on warner mines on Kwanza (uS) really nice track have a listern...

Edited by mischief
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!