Roy Roberts Experience Discography

Dylan

Is there one available just beginning to realise this guy made a lot of records.

recently picked up what I think is a good 45 by him titled "stop" on Linco

and another "you and me together" house of roton a nice mid / slow pace modern 45.

Dylan

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Is there one available just beginning to realise this guy made a lot of records.

and another "you and me together" house of roton a nice mid / slow pace modern 45.

Dylan

"you and me together" is off the LP on House Of Roton, almost totally Country stuff (not surprising as it's called Country Star) apart from that track and one more. There was another 7" taken off the LP called 'Don't Come Running Back' which was country. Not sure of a complete discog though.

Social source share

Dylan

post-1986-1185188805_thumb.jpg

Social source share

"you and me together" is off the LP on House Of Roton, almost totally Country stuff (not surprising as it's called Country Star) apart from that track and one more. There was another 7" taken off the LP called 'Don't Come Running Back' which was country. Not sure of a complete discog though.

I did read about his ventures into country music I won't be spending too much time looking for those releases.

It did seem a little odd to me at first the links between country and soul music but they do seem very intertwined particulary in the southern states.

Irma Thomas "Good to me" is a great example of this genre I like that stuff a lot but don't realy listen to straight country.

Am I missing out ?

Social source share

dylan said:
I did read about his ventures into country music I won't be spending too much time looking for those releases.

It did seem a little odd to me at first the links between country and soul music but they do seem very intertwined particulary in the southern states.

Irma Thomas "Good to me" is a great example of this genre I like that stuff a lot but don't realy listen to straight country.

Am I missing out ?

Definitely check out Barney Hoskyns book "Say It One Time for the Broken Hearted - The Country Side of Southern Soul". I really recommend it if you're into the "country" side of soul, there's LOADS out there. Southern soul and country are very closely linked together. Here's the book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Say-One-Time-Broke...3967&sr=8-1

As for Roy Roberts Experience, I really like his "You Move Me" on HOUSE OF THE FOX. :thumbup:

Social source share

got that book mate found it a realy enjoyable read. Gives a nice background to the social situation as well not just the music.

once I read all the "northern" books I picked a few random soul related ones. I even read a couple of books about disco but don't tell anybody.... :thumbup::P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!