Essington Soul Night

Guest Suzy

So much to say, Don't know where to start.....

Myself, Dawnie, Phil & Craig arrived early to find the lads just setting up the equipment, We all agreed that the adverse weather conditions might affect the night but we did'nt have to worry, Everyone turned out to support us, Even people travelling from afar to support the venue.

Musically, it was totally across the board with all the girl Dj's enjoying themselves, Their nerves where soon settled.

Full dance floor all night with people up for enjoying themselves, The support was overwhelming (it actually bought a tear to my eye) The atmosphere was excellent, Had a situation later on in the night where 2 or possibly 3 of the Girl's were offered Dj spots at other venue's. WHERE WILL IT ALL END!!

Sandy being one of the Girl's who was booked on the spot, (NICE ONE SANDY) :thumbsup:

Actually the comments coming from the Guy's we're very complimentary, Funny moment of the night for me was when two of the Guy's jumped up on the stage to ask me about my first tune...I Thought WHAT!! then realised they we're asking me where they could get a copy :D

Towards the end of the night a hat was taken round of which we collected £120 which will be donated to Birmingham Childrens Hospital.

Also at the end of the night people we're asking...." WHEN ARE YOU DOING IT AGAIN" :D There was a couple of suggestions for this although we will have to wait and see, Hopefully on a Saturday Night, with the donations again going to Birmingham Childrens Hospital.

On a personel note, I would just like to Thank all the Girl's for all their hard work in making this night possible, (YOUR SUPPORT WAS TREMENDOUS) :hypo: Thanks to Max & Gaz for the venue and equipment, Thanks to Gaz & Wulfie for their support behind the decks "IT WAS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED" thumbup.gif

Just goes to show how people can work together to put on a night and raise money for a very worthy cause.

Lots of pictures and video footage that will be posted later....I will post and let you know when it's up.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT IT WAS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!! :(

Look forward to seeing you all soon

Suzy xx

• Replies 47
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Great night last night with a great atmosphere and great tunes and a large appreciative crowd.

A big thanks to Max for getting this great venue for this event and well done to Dawnie and Sue for organising everything which went much better than anyone could imagine given all the girls were basically novices.

We must do it again sometime.

Well done girlies you were fantastic!

I have put a load of photos up in the gallery

Great night, great crowd, great music

Congratulations to all the ladies - and I thought it was very considerate of the Club to locate buckets for Dawnie all round the room :P - though none were used I have to add :huh:

Total raised, I believe will be about double what Suzy mentioned and I hope that we can continue to have a good time and also support this worthwhile cause :thumbup:

Thanks to everyone who came and supported or took part in the spirit of soul and Good Times

Wulfie :thumbup:

Edited by Wulfie09

Great night, great crowd, great music

Congratulations to all the ladies - and I thought it was very considerate of the Club to locate buckets for Dawnie all round the room :huh: - though none were used I have to add :lol:

Total raised, I believe will be about double what Suzy mentioned and I hope that we can continue to have a good time and also support this worthwhile cause :thumbup:

Thanks to everyone who came and supported or took part in the spirit of soul and Good Times

Wulfie :P

Couldn't have done it without you Wulfie. I think we were all amazed at the support we received. Thanks to Suzy + Dawnie for all the organising as It was a great night. See you all soon

Pat :thumbup:

play list...

1.)Ron Hall And the muther funkazzas- The way you love me

2.)Four below Zero-my babys got e.s.p

3.)Bobby Thurston-just ask me

4.)Jonny Bristol- love no longer has a hold on me

5.)Kenny Burke-let somebody love you

6.)George Benson-love ballard

7.)Dreamgirls-blaze mix-family

8.)Kim English-c'est la vie

9.)Kenny Thomas-crazy world

10.)Walter Jackson-touching in the dark

:lol: Just to say a great big thankz to the men folk, especially Gary Lee's,Max Millward, but most of all ma bestest mate and mentor Mr Paul Harpin (HARPO)

for allowing us girly's the opportunity to shine last night...it wouldn't of been possible with out them...also congratulations to all the ladies who took part in last night's event...WELL DONE YOU ARE ALL STARS :thumbup: ... with lots of love to everyone .... Sandi and Sianx x x

WELL THERE WE ARE!

ONE OF THE MOST TALKED ABOUT NIGHTS IS OVER!!

FIRSTLY I MUST SAY A BIG BIG THANKS TO ALL THE

GIRLS FOR GIVING IT A GO, ALL TOTAL NOVICES I MUST ADD.

ON WHAT TURNED OUT TO BE A DREADFUL DAY (WEATHERWISE)

A REALLY HEALTHY CROWD TURNED UP TO CHEER THE GIRLS ON

AND WERE TREATED TO A REAL MIX OF MUSIC COVERING THE

WHOLE SPECTRUM OF SOUL, R&B, MOTOWN THRU TO MODERN.

A SPECIAL THANKS TO SUE & DAWNIE FOR ALL THE HARD WORK

THEY PUT IN ORGANISING THE LINE-UP (NOT AN EASY JOB) AND

SORTING OUT THE CHOSEN CHARITY,B'HAM CHILDRENS HOSPITAL

WHICH WILL GET THE £250 RAISED ON THIS SUPER NIGHT.

THANKS ALSO TO WULFIE AND GAZ LEES FOR DOING THE DECK

MONITORS JOB,PHIL & CRAIG FOR THE PHOTOS.

MY THOUGHTS OVERALL WAS OF A JOB WELL DONE BY THE GIRLS

AND MOVING AROUND THE CROWD WHO ALL ENTERED INTO THE SPIRIT

OF THE NIGHT "GOOD TIMES" TOTAL ENJOYMENT!!!

ONCE AGAIN

THANKS GIRLS FOR A GREAT NIGHT

LOL

MAX

Guest Dawnie

Well girls I think I have recovered enough to post today beer.gif Firstly Girls You did a fantastic job well done I would particularly like to thank Suzy Shelly and Helen for there much needed hugs and moral support to say I was a nervous wreck is an understatement :D biggest drama for me behind the decks was Sandi's fake moustache myself and her lovely daughter Sian tried to get the sticky back plastic off before the disc started spinning but Sandy ripped it off and stuck a bit in the middle and did a great impression of little Scotty on the decks (BRILLIANT) and congratultions for getting a booking almost on the spot GO GIRL!~ also the fact I never did manage to get my new spex so I could'nt tell the A from B side (big thanx to Phil & Wulfie for their help)

Not once did I sit my bum on a seat all Friday night firstly through nerves and then through thorough enjoyment of the evening (PS Wulfie good job I did'nt need any of the various buckets dotted around me thinx they were full of water from elswhere :P )~there's so much I want to say about the evening but I will behere all day so I would like to thank Helen & Shelly ~ Claudette ~ Sandi & Sian ~Pat & Anne ~ Suzy (in many ways has been a rock for everyone this week :wub: xx) Tracey & Jane ~ Annie and northern soul through and through dance your sox off Helen with the northern soul tattoo to prove it :wub: xx

I hope to see you all again very soon xx

here is my playlist:

1. Stoned Love ~ The Supremes (youth club fave and I still luv it)

2. Linda Jones ~ I just can't live my life (without you babe)

3. Fascinations ~ Girls are out to get you.

4. Valerie & Nick ~ I'll find you.

5. Sandra King ~ Leave it up to the boys ( I luv this so much I have it as my ringtone).

6. Al Kent ~ The way you've been acting lately

7. The Star Treks ~ Gonna need Magic (Superb).

Luv Dawnie Dingle :wub: xx

Well girls I think I have recovered enough to post today beer.gif Firstly Girls You did a fantastic job well done I would particularly like to thank Suzy Shelly and Helen for there much needed hugs and moral support to say I was a nervous wreck is an understatement :D biggest drama for me behind the decks was Sandi's fake moustache myself and her lovely daughter Sian tried to get the sticky back plastic off before the disc started spinning but Sandy ripped it off and stuck a bit in the middle and did a great impression of little Scotty on the decks (BRILLIANT) and congratultions for getting a booking almost on the spot GO GIRL!~ also the fact I never did manage to get my new spex so I could'nt tell the A from B side (big thanx to Phil & Wulfie for their help)

Not once did I sit my bum on a seat all Friday night firstly through nerves and then through thorough enjoyment of the evening (PS Wulfie good job I did'nt need any of the various buckets dotted around me thinx they were full of water from elswhere :P )~there's so much I want to say about the evening but I will behere all day so I would like to thank Helen & Shelly ~ Claudette ~ Sandi & Sian ~Pat & Anne ~ Suzy (in many ways has been a rock for everyone this week :wub: xx) Tracey & Jane ~ Annie and northern soul through and through dance your sox off Helen with the northern soul tattoo to prove it :wub: xx

I hope to see you all again very soon xx

here is my playlist:

1. Stoned Love ~ The Supremes (youth club fave and I still luv it)

2. Linda Jones ~ I just can't live my life (without you babe)

3. Fascinations ~ Girls are out to get you.

4. Valerie & Nick ~ I'll find you.

5. Sandra King ~ Leave it up to the boys ( I luv this so much I have it as my ringtone).

6. Al Kent ~ The way you've been acting lately

7. The Star Treks ~ Gonna need Magic (Superb).

Luv Dawnie Dingle :wub: xx

Hiya Dawnie

Just spoken to Anne on the phone and we both thought all of you were fantastic.In fact we're ready to do it again.Perhaps ready is not the right word but don't think i'd be so nervous.Anne was completely relaxed but not me. Can't put up a playlist cos can't remember what I played.Only the star,Lulu and the finish!!

See you soon

Pat x :D

Hiya Phil

Will watch videos when i've listened to Sunshine Radio. I asked Andy to thank suzy+Dawnie for all their hard work. Don't know if you are listening but he had already heard what a good night it was. He even said perhaps we could go to the studio and I hadn't even mentioned it to him.

Pat x

Hiya Phil

Will watch videos when i've listened to Sunshine Radio. I asked Andy to thank suzy+Dawnie for all their hard work. Don't know if you are listening but he had already heard what a good night it was. He even said perhaps we could go to the studio and I hadn't even mentioned it to him.

Pat x

Hi Pat & Girl's,

Seen the video footage, Looking back over the night brings loads of things to mind that i did'nt mention, but i will have time to remember and post it up soon.

Oh yes sunshine radio, certainly just PM me and let me know. "STARDOM AT LAST" :yes:

Suzy xx

Hiya everyone,

A few words from me about our fantastic girlie dj night!! :wicked: Have to say to all the girls well done!! we did the buisness did,nt we ay!! :yes: And even better all money raised went to Birmingham childrens hospital!! :) A big thankyou to My darlin Max for asking me :( Enjoyed every minute of it!! Can i do it again please!!?? innocent.gif And thanks to Suzy,Dawnie,Craig,Phil,Gaz Lees,Wulfie,Scotty and anyone else i may have forgot to mention!! And a special mention to Gary Holyman who was dead jealous of my demo copy of Jackie Wilson - It only happens when i look at you!!

Love Helen xx

Heres my playlist:

1. Roscoe Shelton - Running for my life....Great R & B

2. Bobby Patterson - Busy busy bee.....Crackin toon

3. Jackie Trent - Send her away....Old fave of mine & Martins

4. Marv Johnson - I miss you baby.....tooooooooon!!

5. Betty Swann - Don,t take my mind.....Stomper

6. Jackie Wilson - It only happens when i look at you.....DEMO!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Girl's,

Hope everyone's ok?

MY PLAYLIST

DIANA ROSS AND THE SUPREMES/YOU'VE BEEN SO WONDERFUL TO ME....

RAIN WITH CHARITY BROWN/OUT OF MY MIND.....

SHEILA ANTHONY/LIVIN' IN LOVE....

ELOISE LAWS/LOVE FACTORY....

VENETTE FIELDS/AS LONG AS WERE TOGETHER..... "CRACKING TUNE"

THE PLATTERS/SWEET,SWEET LOVIN'.....

JACKIE WILSON/BECAUSE OF YOU....

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!!

Suzy xx

Hello All,

This was my playlist ( alternating with Helen)

You get your kicks - Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels - New Voice

Whatcha gonna do - Ikettes - Phi Dan

I can't do it - Eddie and Ernie - United Artists UK

The girl's alright with me - Temptations - Gordy

I spy for the FBI - Jamo Thomas - Polydor UK

Mighty Lover - Ideals - ( request )

As I recall from many moons ago the "Scene" has always been unisex. Just because we haven't been playing the records doesn't mean we don't know good tunes when we hear them :D

So well done to all the Girls who took part. I think we did our gender proud :P

I would have put sex there but I know some clown would take it the wrong way :no:

I didn't see any Pole - just one crazy Welshman who happens to be one of my Bestest mates ( Dennis )

Lots of love

Annie B ( Annie Brookwell ) - posting on this account cos my registration isn't thru yet :thumbup:

Hello All,

This was my playlist ( alternating with Helen)

You get your kicks - Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels - New Voice

Whatcha gonna do - Ikettes - Phi Dan

I can't do it - Eddie and Ernie - United Artists UK

The girl's alright with me - Temptations - Gordy

I spy for the FBI - Jamo Thomas - Polydor UK

Mighty Lover - Ideals - ( request )

As I recall from many moons ago the "Scene" has always been unisex. Just because we haven't been playing the records doesn't mean we don't know good tunes when we hear them :D

So well done to all the Girls who took part. I think we did our gender proud :P

I would have put sex there but I know some clown would take it the wrong way :no:

I didn't see any Pole - just one crazy Welshman who happens to be one of my Bestest mates ( Dennis )

Lots of love

Annie B ( Annie Brookwell ) - posting on this account cos my registration isn't thru yet :thumbup:

Hi Annie,

Nice to hear from you, Hope your ok after Friday?

See you soon

Suzy xx

Guest Dawnie

Hiya Girlies~

well I hope you have all recovered from Friday night :( we have even more excitement coming way with an appearance on a radio station who would have thought it rolleyes.gif just shows what we can do when we put our minds to it and any publicity for the birmingham childrens hospital charity that we can create can only be for the good thumbsup.gif it seems that our every move was either filmed or photographed on Friday talk about big brother :lol: can't believe that I disappeared when the line up was taking place how embarrassing :D:P all added to the fun though ~ anyway I'm off for a cuppa now no doubt I'll be back on here soon

Luv to all dawniedingle :( xx

Hi Everyone,

Just confirm that the Total raised on the night for Birmingham Childrens Hospital was £250.00.

Of which £120 came from a collection taken on the night. "WELL DONE EVERYONE" thumbup.gif

Myself and Dawnie, will be passing this on to Birmingham Childrens Hospital sometime this week. Due to the success of the event we will hopefully be holding another Charity (ALL GIRL DJ LINE UP) at the Connaught Hotel which will be held on a Saturday night.

As soon as we have all the details we will let you know, but in the meantime.... We will look forward to the Radio show. thumbsup.gif

See you all soon.

Suzy xx

Hi Annie,

Nice to hear from you, Hope your ok after Friday?

See you soon

Suzy xx

Friday was just the start - Saturday finished me off at Kings Hall Stoke - spent Sunday sleeping and slobbing :thumbup:

Burnley this Friday as I'm working on Saturday and Sunday evenings :D

Great feeling to have done something positive for the kids, and well done to you and Dawnie for sorting it all out

CYA soon :D

Annie B xx

Hi Everyone,

Just confirm that the Total raised on the night for Birmingham Childrens Hospital was £250.00.

Of which £120 came from a collection taken on the night. "WELL DONE EVERYONE" :D

Myself and Dawnie, will be passing this on to Birmingham Childrens Hospital sometime this week. Due to the success of the event we will hopefully be holding another Charity (ALL GIRL DJ LINE UP) at the Connaught Hotel which will be held on a Saturday night.

As soon as we have all the details we will let you know, but in the meantime.... We will look forward to the Radio show. :D

See you all soon.

Suzy xx

Hi Ya mom , and all the girls just want to say well done :thumbup: to all involved . Yes good idea about the connaught and count me in for and hopefully a couple of other lads do a sponsor dance to every 45 played this should bump the money up.

Hi Ya mom , and all the girls just want to say well done :D to all involved . Yes good idea about the connaught and count me in for and hopefully a couple of other lads do a sponsor dance to every 45 played this should bump the money up.

I'll give you moral support Chalks but my knees are knacked after three dances nowadays :thumbup:

Mind you - I'll bet Martin, Patch and others will be more than up for it

Though if Gemma or Shelley decide to go for it - I'm only gonna pay 10p a tune cos they are never off the floor

Wulfie x

Hi Ya mom , and all the girls just want to say well done :D to all involved . Yes good idea about the connaught and count me in for and hopefully a couple of other lads do a sponsor dance to every 45 played this should bump the money up.

Hiya Son,

I'm looking forward to it already! "CAN'T WAIT"

As for the lads, sounds good to me!!!! :thumbup:

Suzy xx

Sorry for the delay folks but work gets in the way.

What an excellent performance from all the girlie's tappin me toes from start to finish, Claude's busy at the moment but asked me to pass on the thanks to Dawnie & Sue for staying with her on the stage, and Gaz for the help, suppose I'd better put up her play list!!

The Millionaires - Never For Me - Phillips

Martha Reeves - One way out - Gordy

Eddie Holman - Eddie's my name - Parkway

The Voices Of East Harlem - Cashing in - Just Sunshine

Ann Sexton - You've been gone to long - Seventy 7

Jerry Butler - Moody woman - Mercury

The Reflections - (Just like) Romeo & Juliet - Golden World

Spiral Staircase - More today than yesterday - Columbia

Curtis Mayfield - Move on up - Curtom

Chuck Jackson - I've got the need - All platinum

Skip Mahoney - Janice - Underworld

The Continental 4 - The way i love you baby - Jay walking

Maxine Brown - Let me give you my lovin' - Wand

Rock Candy - Alone with no love - Dontee

A few more than the other girls but this was because she was on her own (records wise).

I personally have to thank Max, as this is the first time in 20 odd years she's been quiet for 40 mins :thumbup::D

Seriously though well done girls here's to the next one :D

Ken & Claude

Sorry for the delay folks but work gets in the way.

What an excellent performance from all the girlie's tappin me toes from start to finish, Claude's busy at the moment but asked me to pass on the thanks to Dawnie & Sue for staying with her on the stage, and Gaz for the help, suppose I'd better put up her play list!!

The Millionaires - Never For Me - Phillips

Martha Reeves - One way out - Gordy

Eddie Holman - Eddie's my name - Parkway

The Voices Of East Harlem - Cashing in - Just Sunshine

Ann Sexton - You've been gone to long - Seventy 7

Jerry Butler - Moody woman - Mercury

The Reflections - (Just like) Romeo & Juliet - Golden World

Spiral Staircase - More today than yesterday - Columbia

Curtis Mayfield - Move on up - Curtom

Chuck Jackson - I've got the need - All platinum

Skip Mahoney - Janice - Underworld

The Continental 4 - The way i love you baby - Jay walking

Maxine Brown - Let me give you my lovin' - Wand

Rock Candy - Alone with no love - Dontee

A few more than the other girls but this was because she was on her own (records wise).

I personally have to thank Max, as this is the first time in 20 odd years she's been quiet for 40 mins :rolleyes::wicked:

Seriously though well done girls here's to the next one :thumbup:

Ken & Claude

Ken you beat me to it..... :D I was going to put in my next post, how well Claude did the buisness on her own, and played her own set for the whole 40 mins. "WELL DONE GIRL" :D

We had quite a few laughs too while we we're with her, tell Claude, Rachael thinks shes great and loved every minute of her company, laughter and dancing!! "SEE YOU AT THE NEXT ONE CLAUDE" And it won't be that far away.

Suzy xx

Really pleased that so much money was raised for Birmingham Childrens' Hospital. We had such a good time too while doing it!

At long last I think I've remembered what I played.I changed from my list you see and was concentrating so hard on not damaging the records as I put them away :ohmy: The first and last are correct and the others are in no particular order.

1. I don't want to discuss it by Little Richard (This was the only 1 that Anne + I had both picked)

2. Baby do the Philly Dog by Olympics

3. A Lot of Love by Taj-Mahal

Kindly loaned by Mr Gary Holyman as I prefer this to the version we have by Homer Banks

4. I'll Come Running by Lulu (Was amazed by the interest shown in this play)

5.Of Hopes,Dreams and Tombstones by Jimmy Fraser

6. The 81 by Candy and the Kisses

7. My Baby likes to Boogaloo by Don Gardner

Can't remember anything else but there must have been. :rolleyes:

Pat

p.s. Man flu is much better today Craig.

Hi Everyone,

I suppose all you girlies have recovered now from last Friday night...

So the second time round won't be as bad, nervous wise :lol:

The update on Birmingham Childrens Hospital..... I spoke to a lady from the charities department yesterday Joanna Richards. She thought it was marvellous what all you lovely ladies had done for the children. Myself and Dawn will be going to the Hospital tomorrow afternoon with the £250.00.

Pat, I will pm you about the Radio show, all the girls are looking forward to it!!

It's gonna be great fun wink.gif

See all you girlies very soon.

Suzy xx

Edited by Suzy
Guest Phil Richards

Really pleased that so much money was raised for Birmingham Childrens' Hospital. We had such a good time too while doing it!

At long last I think I've remembered what I played.I changed from my list you see and was concentrating so hard on not damaging the records as I put them away :wicked: The first and last are correct and the others are in no particular order.

1. I don't want to discuss it by Little Richard (This was the only 1 that Anne + I had both picked)

2. Baby do the Philly Dog by Olympics

3. A Lot of Love by Taj-Mahal

Kindly loaned by Mr Gary Holyman as I prefer this to the version we have by Homer Banks

4. I'll Come Running by Lulu (Was amazed by the interest shown in this play)

5.Of Hopes,Dreams and Tombstones by Jimmy Fraser

6. The 81 by Candy and the Kisses

7. My Baby likes to Boogaloo by Don Gardner

Can't remember anything else but there must have been. :thumbsup:

Pat

p.s. Man flu is much better today Craig.

Nice one Pat looking forward to the next time :lol:

Hi Annie

Well it looks like we missed a brilliant night of entertainment from you girls, We have just browsed through the vid's and pic's, they are smashing. We will try and make your next bash, as long as you can put us up.

Love

Russ & Jill

P.S. Get Dave sorry Wulfie to put a Tenner in the charity for me and I will see him right when blind Jack sees him.

Hi Everyone,

UPDATE!

Myself and Dawnie have been to Birmingham Childrens Hospital today and given them the £250.00 that was raised from Essington.

They will be sending a certificate of recognition within a couple of days, will post this up for all to see.

The Hospital have expressed their deep appreciation to all the people involved. :P

In the meantime work continues on organising the next !CHARITY ALL GIRL DJ LINE UP! to raise even more money for Birmingham Childrens Hospital, Which hopefully will be held at the Connaught Hotel on a Saturday night.

See you all soon :lol:

Suzy xx

Guest Dawnie

Hi Everyone,

UPDATE!

Myself and Dawnie have been to Birmingham Childrens Hospital today and given them the £250.00 that was raised from Essington.

They will be sending a certificate of recognition within a couple of days, will post this up for all to see.

The Hospital have expressed their deep appreciation to all the people involved. :lol:

In the meantime work continues on organising the next !CHARITY ALL GIRL DJ LINE UP! to raise even more money for Birmingham Childrens Hospital, Which hopefully will be held at the Connaught Hotel on a Saturday night.

See you all soon :lol:

Suzy xx

Hi Suzy,

Another good idea that we thought of would be to buy some tee shirts for the Birmingham Childrens Hospital charity which we could wear whilst DJ ing they cost 8.00 each so if any one is interested let me or Sue know and we can set about ordering them from the hospital ~ its all for a good cause ~ and after that little lad we saw today in the wheelchair it makes you realise how every little we can do helps those in need it really is heart breaking :lol: so girls we will do the best we can and keep on keepin on no matter how hard it is :P

so take care everyone and I hope to see you all soon.

Luv Dawniedingle wub.gif xxx

Hi Suzy,

Another good idea that we thought of would be to buy some tee shirts for the Birmingham Childrens Hospital charity which we could wear whilst DJ ing they cost 8.00 each so if any one is interested let me or Sue know and we can set about ordering them from the hospital ~ its all for a good cause ~ and after that little lad we saw today in the wheelchair it makes you realise how every little we can do helps those in need it really is heart breaking :P so girls we will do the best we can and keep on keepin on no matter how hard it is :lol:

so take care everyone and I hope to see you all soon.

Luv Dawniedingle wub.gif xxx

Hiya Dawnie,

Hope you and Craig are ok? What a GREAT IDEA!! :lol: About the t-shirts you can order me one size s/m please!! Every which way we can to help,it all mounts up does,nt it. Hope it,s not too long to wait for the charity night at the Connaught,CAN,T WAIT!! :P Are you and Craig going to the Stables tommorow? Be nice to see ya!! :)

Loads of Love Helen xx :lol:

WOW!!

just brilliant isn't it, part 2 coming up at the connaught!!

from what was an idea for a bit of a different night out,

getting the girls to spin the discs looks like it could really

take off big style!!

what with girls getting bookings to going on the radio!

to follow-up charity nights, this could turn out to be

a really big thing.

good luck girls you know you have my total commitment

to any follow up nights etc that we can help you with.

nice idea about the tee-shirts! all advertising is good

for the cause go for it!!

lol.

max

WOW!!

just brilliant isn't it, part 2 coming up at the connaught!!

from what was an idea for a bit of a different night out,

getting the girls to spin the discs looks like it could really

take off big style!!

what with girls getting bookings to going on the radio!

to follow-up charity nights, this could turn out to be

a really big thing.

good luck girls you know you have my total commitment

to any follow up nights etc that we can help you with.

nice idea about the tee-shirts! all advertising is good

for the cause go for it!!

lol.

max

Must say Max the interest that has been shown is tremendous, All the Girls are itching to go again.

Nice to know that we have people like yourself and other promoters who are willing to back us in future events. :rolleyes:

Me thinks we'll have to get a diary!! :boxing:

Suzy xx

Guest vinylvixen

Congratulations to everyone concerned and for proving the doubters wrong. Long may your fund raising nights continue...make sure you do the T-shirts in XL - some of us need the extra room :thumbsup::wicked: Jo

Guest NASHEE

When my daughter was very young we were in and out of Birmingham Childrens hospital for around two years...The staff there were wonderful......A very deserving cause girls

Congratulations to everyone concerned and for proving the doubters wrong. Long may your fund raising nights continue...make sure you do the T-shirts in XL - some of us need the extra room :(:D Jo

Hi Jo,

Thanks for your support it's very much appreciated! :huh: They will continue, hopefully the next one will be held at the Connaught Hotel on a Saturday night.

Anytime you would like to come to the Connaught just let us know, you will be made very welcome, and i'm sure we will be able to fix you up with a t/shirt..... :P:D

Suzy xx

When my daughter was very young we were in and out of Birmingham Childrens hospital for around two years...The staff there were wonderful......A very deserving cause girls

Totally agree, a very worth while cause!!

We we're only ever going to run it as a one off night, but because of the tremendous support and encouragement we have had, we have decided between us to continue runing it 2-3 times a year, and all for Charity.

Suzy, and everyone involved. xx

Guest vinylvixen

Hi Jo,

Thanks for your support it's very much appreciated! :huh: They will continue, hopefully the next one will be held at the Connaught Hotel on a Saturday night.

Anytime you would like to come to the Connaught just let us know, you will be made very welcome, and i'm sure we will be able to fix you up with a t/shirt..... :P:(

Suzy xx

Why don't you sell the Tshirts on SS - this seasons 'must have'?? Seriously, you could raise a bit more that way. I'll have one.

Thanks for the invite - I'll bear that in mind. The Connaught sounds like it has a nice wooden dance floor :D Jo

Why don't you sell the Tshirts on SS - this seasons 'must have'?? Seriously, you could raise a bit more that way. I'll have one.

Thanks for the invite - I'll bear that in mind. The Connaught sounds like it has a nice wooden dance floor :( Jo

I Will have a word with the other girls about the t/shirts, But what a great idea! Thanks Jo :P

The Connaught has a lovely wooden sprung dance floor, :huh: plus always a friendly welcome to everyone!!

We would also look forward to meeting you Jo.

Suzy xx

Guest Dawnie

Hi Girlies

Hope you are all OK :rolleyes: hopefully we will be sorting out the next charity date very soon and when its decided I will have some very exciting news for you all :P but this news will be announced on the Connaught thread so keep em peeled :D .

And how lovely to see the certificate showing us what can be achieved with a bit of hard work and a few (or a lot in my case )nerves laugh.gif

Anyway see you all very soon take care

Luv Dawniedingle :D xx

Guest Dawnie

Congratulations to everyone concerned and for proving the doubters wrong. Long may your fund raising nights continue...make sure you do the T-shirts in XL - some of us need the extra room :D:P Jo

Hiya Jo,

Thanks for your support and ideas (keep em comin) wink.gif and look forward to meeting you in the near future

Take Care

Luv dawniedingle :rolleyes: xx

Guest Dawnie

Cheers Nashee

I could'nt agree more they do a sterling job all round.

Take care

Luv Dawniedingle :rolleyes: xx

Hiya Dawnie

Hope you had good weekend.We stayed in ,well got ready,started out for Burton then turned back cos I'm still not 100% and Alan had headache+ earache. What a lovely combination. Feel that we've achieved something when you can see a stickyfoot.

Pat x

Guest Dawnie

Hiya Dawnie

Hope you had good weekend.We stayed in ,well got ready,started out for Burton then turned back cos I'm still not 100% and Alan had headache+ earache. What a lovely combination. Feel that we've achieved something when you can see a stickyfoot.

Pat x

Hiya Pat,

Sorry to hear you've both been unwell ~ you have kept me puzzled for a while with stickyfoot but I've got it now ~ I always get there in the end :rolleyes::D

seeya soon Luv Dawniedingle :lol: xx