** Cancelled *** Soulfusion Sat 21st - Cheltenham

• Replies 4
  • Views 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mods - Mike Shawe and I posted at the same time, can you merge topic?

Thanks

Jerry.

Splash :thumbup:

Pretty bad down that way, if you are affected may I suggest it maybe a good time to ask your local planning department if filling in that flood plain to allow development, was in hindsight a good idea.

Martyn

Splash :P

Pretty bad down that way, if you are affected may I suggest it maybe a good time to ask your local planning department if filling in that flood plain to allow development, was in hindsight a good idea.

Martyn

Believe me Martyn, Tewkesbury was thr last place I wanted to be on Friday night...and that's where we got marooned until 5am Saturday¬ :thumbup: ...so to get a call at 10.30 saying Soulfusion was cancelled was not entirely unexpected. I ended up DJ'ing a wedding reception instead!

Just thought I'd pass on this email from promoter Neil Self:

I am realy realy sorry that I had to cancel Saturday's SOULFUSION event at Dowty's Staverton. I was out at the club on Friday setting up and had difficulty leaving the venue due to a dip in the access road under 4 feet of water. then the club's power transforners blew up rendering the club powerless. this meant that saturday night was impossible to put on. I frantically tried to ring round everybody, got it announced on Gloucester FM and got it posted on various Soul forums. Sadly I couldn't get access to the website as I had no power or internet/phone access at my house. I know lots of people travelled up to Cheltenham hoping for the usual cracking soul nite, sadly it wasn't to be. I am totally gutted to have let you all down at short notice. please accept my apology. I really care about you lot and didn't want to let anybody down. I do hope you will all understand what a predicement I was in with no phone/internet at home. Thanks to Jinksy for letting me pop round and get a few emails out, sadly I ran out of time to mail everyone. I will be in touch soon but for now I can only repeat my sincere apologies to everyone concerned. soulful regards Neil Self