Fantasy Northern Soul Dj

I've mentioned this on here before but thought I'd lost all the info. This "competition" was included in the Fanzine 'In The Neighbourhood' issue 15. I just turned up a copy in an old box and thought it may spark some interesting comments. I've scanned the front and back of the application form and will add the inside, with all the DJ's prices in a while. People took it so seriously with complaints about not being included, their value realtive to others and which category they had been put in :( .

Hell we even had a couple of people send back entries :thumbsup: .

post-2298-1185015338_thumb.jpg

post-2298-1185015521_thumb.jpg

Enjoy

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest uroffal

Have thought about suggesting something similar on here before, but never bothered to actually mention it. Although was thinking of basing it on records you would play if you had them in 30 minute spot (say 10 records), give each person a budget of £? and allow them to pick from Manship Guide Price (would probably have to use this as it's the most complete - even if it is always subject to much discussion). Not sure how you'd pick a winner though (never got that far thinking about it), but thought it might be fun and throw up some interesting 'sets'.

Social source share

R'n'B DJ'S - Soul Sam :thumbup:

Bet he'll love that :P

:huh: Don't think Sam was one that complained at the time but we did get some people really pissed off because so and so was 50p more than them :lol: and questions like "Who's gonna be 'refrereeing' at venues to keep scores?"

I guess the humour was too subtle for some :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!