Warwick Soul Club

Thanks to everyone for making our first nite a great nite. The floods in the afternoon just added to the stress of a very nervy promoter. Then Hitsville Chalky got a bit lost coming into Warwick because the road sign had been blown away :thumbup:

Ganche came to our rescue though and played a great early spot. Nick Turvey started the dancefloor action off when we still had daylight coming thro' the windows cos the curtains aren't up yet. Kylee kept things flowing for the dancers and was superb as usual. Finally Hitsville Chalky got his enthusiastic self to the decks for the last hour and was simply magnificent :P

We had terrific support from the superb people from Rugby, Banbury, and Nuneaton Soul Clubs which we have close ties with. The Black Country was well represented as well, always good to see the likes of Woody and Dave Rimmer plus their better halves :thumbup:

Also we manged to find local Soulies, some of which hadn't been 'out' in years, and they packed the floor too. Just hope they come back, and get the buzz to support our Sister Clubs previously mentioned.

Thanks Again, will post pics up when I suss it, Burnley Dave, and Warwick SC.

Edit, playlist from me added :-

Artistics - This Heart of Mine - Okeh

Volcanos - Storm Warning - Arctic

Bobby Garrett - My Little Girl - Mirwood

Barons - Since You're Gone - RCA

Ed Crook - That's Alright - Tri-Sound

Frankie & the Classicals - What Shall I Do - Calla

Belles - Don't Pretend - Mirwood

Barbara Mason - Bobby Is My Baby - Arctic

Supremes - Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart - Motown

Velvelettes - Lonely, Lonely Girl Am I - VIP

Lorraine Chandler - What Can I Do - RCA

Volcanos - Laws Of Love - Arctic

Fi-Dels - Try A Little Harder - Keymen

Johnny Sayles _ I can't Get Enough - St Lawrence

Master Four - Love From The Far East - Tayster

Walter Jackson - After You There Can Be Nothing - Okeh.

Edited by Briles
  • Replies 20
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks to everyone for making our first nite a great nite. The floods in the afternoon just added to the stress of a very nervy promoter. Then Hitsville Chalky got a bit lost coming into Warwick because the road sign had been blown away :thumbup:

Ganche came to our rescue though and played a great early spot. Nick Turvey started the dancefloor action off when we still had daylight coming thro' the windows cos the curtains aren't up yet. Kylee kept things flowing for the dancers and was superb as usual. Finally Hitsville Chalky got his enthusiastic self to the decks for the last hour and was simply magnificent :P

We had terrific support from the superb people from Rugby, Banbury, and Nuneaton Soul Clubs which we have close ties with. The Black Country was well represented as well, always good to see the likes of Woody and Dave Rimmer plus their better halves :thumbup:

Also we manged to find local Soulies, some of which hadn't been 'out' in years, and they packed the floor too. Just hope they come back, and get the buzz to support our Sister Clubs previously mentioned.

Thanks Again, will post pics up when I suss it, Burnley Dave, and Warwick SC.

Youv'e said it all Dave.

A great first night despite the weather.

Superb venue, people and music. Always good to see friends.

Not much else to add.

Hope it goes from strength to strength as the word gets round.

Thanks for the after event hospitality and looking forward to seeing the pictures.

See you soon mate.

Best

Tabs

Yes what a cracking first night :thumbup: a big thanks and well done to Burnley Dave. Nice meeting Ganche nice early spot . also nice to meet Nick (and yes i will come down to Banbury ) also meeting kylee , and to my surprise a old mod mate from many years back Rav , Good to see Dave Rimmer and Margie , Woody and lou , and enjoyed the chat with Tansey , many thanks for Dave and Jackie for letting us stay over . Really did enjoy this night and can not wait for the next one like i said many times last night we are back in SEPTEMBER .

some of my plays not in order

peoples choice - Savin my lovin for you -- Palmer

The Fabulous peps - With these eyes -- Wee 3

The Four pro's - just another girl -- Carla ( For Lou)

The Precisions - If this is love - - Drew

Joe Matthews - Ain't nothing you can do -- Kool Kat demo

The Detroit Executives - cool off -- Pameline

Gladys Knight & The pips - No one can love you more -- Tmg 864

The Temptations - Girl ( why you wanna make me Blue) -- Gordy

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't no mountain High enough -- Tamla

Isley Brothers - why when love is gone -- Tamla ( Request)

Jackie Wilson - Because of you -- Brunswick

Ruby Andrews - Just loving you -- Zodiac

Yvonne Vernne - Just like you did me -- Sonbert

Louis Curry - Just Plain nice -- Reel

David Ruffin - Hurt the one you love -- Faster mix motorcity.

Youv'e said it all Dave.

A great first night despite the weather.

Superb venue, people and music. Always good to see friends.

Not much else to add.

Hope it goes from strength to strength as the word gets round.

Thanks for the after event hospitality and looking forward to seeing the pictures.

See you soon mate.

Best

Tabs

Tabs, many thanks for the words, and you're welcome round mine anytime mate :thumbup:

Best

Dave.

Well done Dave, you deserved the success..... :thumbup:

Bumped into one of the lads we used to hang round with in Warwick 25+ years ago, he'd heard it was on and knew us lot would be there, so popped in for a quick look and stopped til the end.... :thumbup:

Nice one Sian, hope he comes along to Rugby :P

Piccies now uploaded in Gallery.

Guest ruffsounds

Hi Dave

Top night pal even though you needed reassuring at the start of the night well done and see you soon.

You can now relax the hard works been done. :0).

Ralph

Hi Dave

Top night pal even though you needed reassuring at the start of the night well done and see you soon.

You can now relax the hard works been done. :0).

Ralph

Yes mate I did need those reassuring words, wot am I like, lol.

Great to see ya, and Mark Freeman in his unbelievably brief appearance, what a man coming all that way jsut to support us. See you in a few weeks

Best

Dave.

Guest oxo1961

Hey!Squirly Dog!!Not bad for the 1st one!!Enjoyed the Nite.Thank Jackie and the Girls for the Hospitality,Food,and putting up with us all Day.Good to see the Rugby Crew,I aint seen them in a long time!Great to see The Banbury Crowd as well they did really well getting there in that Weather.Me old Mate Turv was there but I didnt reconise his Sister(sorry)Had a hell of a chat with Chalky next morning,Detroit Soul or what!!! Heres to the Next one Squirly!!! and we will leave the the Glazed Doors open!!! Tansey

P.s Hoped you liked the Sign,It dont look like a Bunny!!!

Hey!Squirly Dog!!Not bad for the 1st one!!Enjoyed the Nite.Thank Jackie and the Girls for the Hospitality,Food,and putting up with us all Day.Good to see the Rugby Crew,I aint seen them in a long time!Great to see The Banbury Crowd as well they did really well getting there in that Weather.Me old Mate Turv was there but I didnt reconise his Sister(sorry)Had a hell of a chat with Chalky next morning,Detroit Soul or what!!! Heres to the Next one Squirly!!! and we will leave the the Glazed Doors open!!! Tansey

P.s Hoped you liked the Sign,It dont look like a Bunny!!!

Thanks mate, nice first post on here. I appreciate all your help with setting up, the great sign you done or us which does not look like a Bunny or a Cat - proper Bear that is, lol.

Check out Chalky's site, and the page he has done for us which is great.

Hi Dave,

Sounds like your first night was very successful, congrats to you and all concerned. :thumbup:

Well done Chalky, I've heard you played an excellent spot, knew you would son!! :P

See you soon

Suzy (Phil's Better half) xx

well done briles, good nite with a good turn out, not bad eh!!!and thanx for asking us back, that pie was fab, could you please make me one, and put it in freezer for the next time I see you, well done to all the dj,s nice spots, and good that they kept the dance floor busy all nite, and great to catch up with chalky and sue, and the rugby reprobates laugh.gifohmy.gif

well done briles, good nite with a good turn out, not bad eh!!!and thanx for asking us back, that pie was fab, could you please make me one, and put it in freezer for the next time I see you, well done to all the dj,s nice spots, and good that they kept the dance floor busy all nite, and great to catch up with chalky and sue, and the rugby reprobates laugh.gifohmy.gif

Glad you enjoyed the night as a whole Mrs Soul, the pie wasn't the best I've made cos I didn't have any oxo cubes, used Worcester Sauce instead :lol:

Don't know whether you saw Dave Rimmer's blog, it's sooo funny :D Link below.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/blog/da...=366#comment199

good first night, well done to all involved, nice to hear a bit of old motown!

will come to the next one

Thanks Jules, glad you managaged to find us. Next month Paul Franklin is going to be playing a mainly motown set between 8.30 and 9.30, then we have Charlie from Banbury who is great and always plays motown. You now know what Hitsville Chalky is all about and Craig Westwood will be finishing the night off and he is superb :D

Well done on your first night Dave, Chalky's told me all about it. Sounds like a great venue.

Hope it continues this way into the future.

Really looking forward to my spot in September. Will try and bring a crowd down in the soul bus.

Great move making Chalky resident by the way :D

Well done on your first night Dave, Chalky's told me all about it. Sounds like a great venue.

Hope it continues this way into the future.

Really looking forward to my spot in September. Will try and bring a crowd down in the soul bus.

Great move making Chalky resident by the way :D

Cheers Craig, better that anyone could of expected on what was a horrible day weather wise, and a real worry on our first one. The night appeared to go down a storm :thumbup:

Chalky, Kylee and Nick were all great. We have a fabulous line up next month as well. The policy is to keep mixing up the DJ's giving as many ppl as poss chance to get involved in an open and friendly club :D

Best

Dave