Hard Cover - Do You Care

s7oul

Did anyone purchase on Ebay, Hard Cover's - Do you Care, from the seller Plock69742 as a Buy It Now and received theirs yet ?

He had multiple copies from the label owner, plus 100% feedback.

Reason for asking is that so far nobody has left feedback on this 45, my copies have not arrived yet and he's not selling anything else at the moment. Not panicking yet but curious.

Pat

Edited by s7oul
Social source share

• Replies 38
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Did anyone purchase on Ebay, Hard Cover's - Do you Care, from the seller Plock69742 as a Buy It Now and received theirs yet ?

Reason for asking is that so far nobody has left feedback on this 45, my copies have not arrived yet and he's not selling anything else at the moment. Not panicking yet but curious.

Pat

Same here. Bought one a few weeks back, not got it yet. Must say it was mildy irritating and humorous in equal measure the amount of 'positively, absolutely last 20 copies' they seemed to have, each time they listed yet another 20. Was surprised to see it on Manship's auction given the amount of copies that showed up and were at $40 buy it now. Suppose the arguement will be 'well, there's none left, now'...not sure I trust that this is all there are to be honest. They'd sold a load earlier in the year: must've had about 80+ on ebay in the past 12 months. But like you say, 100% Positive so probably just slow or something.

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

Same here. Bought one a few weeks back, not got it yet. Must say it was mildy irritating and humorous in equal measure the amount of 'positively, absolutely last 20 copies' they seemed to have, each time they listed yet another 20. Was surprised to see it on Manship's auction given the amount of copies that showed up and were at $40 buy it now. Suppose the arguement will be 'well, there's none left, now'...not sure I trust that this is all there are to be honest. They'd sold a load earlier in the year: must've had about 80+ on ebay in the past 12 months. But like you say, 100% Positive so probably just slow or something.

I tried to buy this a couple of times but I kept getting a red message from ebay saying there were no shipping details so I couldn't proceed.

Jordi

Social source share

Haven't got mine yet and I live here in the States! The day after I paid my 49.99 he lowered ther price to $40. That was a bit annoying! What concerns me is that he has now made his feedback private all of a sudden. I'm not panicking yet but am starting to get concerned. At least I pid via paypal with a credit card!

Social source share

Haven't got mine yet and I live here in the States! The day after I paid my 49.99 he lowered ther price to $40. That was a bit annoying! What concerns me is that he has now made his feedback private all of a sudden. I'm not panicking yet but am starting to get concerned. At least I pid via paypal with a credit card!

Yeah I noticed he's suddenly gone 'private' this was just after the negative from a Frenchmen which roughly translated as calling him a B******d several times !

I have reported my issue to Paypal and I know someone else on here is doing the same.

What I find hard to understand is that this geezer spends years building up 100% feedback and then overnight turns into a crook. I'd love to be proved wrong though.

Pat

Edited by s7oul
Social source share

I was wondering the same thing Mike, & its a demo without the really good flip side. I bought a demo a while back, didn't think to look out in the barn where I had some :rolleyes:

"& its a demo without the really good flip side" ??

Potsy,

am I missing something, the copy at the auction it is a STOCK it has a b-side but the b-side isn't worth a mention cause it's awful boogie or is it really good boogie??

It's on auction 'cause somebody wanted auctioning, his other records we auctioned were and will be "stonkers" so we did this one as a gesture of goodwill and of course not all people want the super rarities, plus i thought the green logo would go well with the Eddie Parker.

Social source share

"& its a demo without the really good flip side" ??

Potsy,

am I missing something, the copy at the auction it is a STOCK it has a b-side but the b-side isn't worth a mention cause it's awful boogie or is it really good boogie??

It's on auction 'cause somebody wanted auctioning, his other records we auctioned were and will be "stonkers" so we did this one as a gesture of goodwill and of course not all people want the super rarities, plus i thought the green logo would go well with the Eddie Parker.

Are you sure John?

On yours, under where it says SIDE A, there are another 3 lines of writing saying DJ COPY / Time / Number.

On the "issue" under SIDE A, there are only 2 lines of writing saying TIME / Number.

My demo's are only double "A" sides. So has your Demo got the "B" side ? I'm not being funny, just intrigued.

Regards,

potsy

Edited by pottsy
Social source share

Are you sure John?

On yours, under where it says SIDE A, there are another 3 lines of writing saying DJ COPY / Time / Number.

On the "issue" under SIDE A, there are only 2 lines of writing saying TIME / Number.

My demo's are only double "A" sides. So has your Demo got the "B" side ? I'm not being funny, just intrigued.

Regards,

potsy

It's a slapped hand for my auction gal, I think she may have took the short route and put a scan up from our bank of scans. Not the actual record on auction.. I will change it later.. your causing me "more" work, I'm ripping what's left of my hair out now.

Edited by john manship
Social source share

I sent him an email yesterday asking about the item of which I've received no response so far. I'll give it another day or so and then file a claim. If he does not respond to my email I would think things are not legit with this guy. Strange that a guy with 100% feedback would all of a sudden go bad!

Social source share

It's a slapped hand for my auction gal, I think she may have took the short route and put a scan up from our bank of scans. Not the actual record on auction.. I will change it later.. your causing me "more" work, I'm ripping what's left of my hair out now.

Hello John,

Oh, I see :rolleyes: So now you are selling the issue ? with the "b-side but the b-side isn't worth a mention cause it's awful boogie or is it really good boogie??"

Regards

potsy

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

Are you sure John?

Regards,

potsy

wouldnt mind seeing a scan of the issue with the flip.

and maybe getting to hear it

the good soul boogie is doing it for me these days, i may be interested :rolleyes:

Social source share

wouldnt mind seeing a scan of the issue with the flip.

and maybe getting to hear it

the good soul boogie is doing it for me these days, i may be interested :ohmy:

I did have one once, seem to remember it being pretty good, would be right up your street these days mate :rolleyes:

Any chance Mr Manship could post up the flip, please ? can only help the price of the one on auction. cant remember the title, off the top of my head :ohmy:

Social source share

Omini "Keys to the city" is an early boogie track I'd say :ohmy:

That's an interesting example Simon. I've never really thought about the definition of "Boogie" - and not sure that I would have Omni in there! But then again - erm maybe you are right.

Whats everyone else's take on "boogie" - bit off track I know.

:rolleyes:

Social source share

That's an interesting example Simon. I've never really thought about the definition of "Boogie" - and not sure that I would have Omni in there! But then again - erm maybe you are right.

Whats everyone else's take on "boogie" - bit off track I know.

It seems to be a french scene .... they like Gregg Perry "It takes heart " too ( on a 12 of course)

Social source share

It seems to be a french scene .... they like Gregg Perry "It takes heart " too ( on a 12 of course)

That's quite interesting - I think Greg Perry and Omni are both fantastic tracks. So a bit of a parallel scene in France. Is this a new thing Simon - or has it been around for ages - like modern soul over here? Sorry to sound so stupid - it's quite interesting though. I might start a new thread before I get bounced by a mod!

Social source share

That's quite interesting - I think Greg Perry and Omni are both fantastic tracks. So a bit of a parallel scene in France. Is this a new thing Simon - or has it been around for ages - like modern soul over here? Sorry to sound so stupid - it's quite interesting though. I might start a new thread before I get bounced by a mod!

It seems to have been around for a long while . Phillipe and Martin Snow on here are the rare boogie masters . There is plenty of good soulful boogie that first appeard on the Modern soul scene ..via Soul Bowl and Raistrick , but they also like some poor stuff . They like the 80' steppers too like 9th Creation " mellow music" and this record Hardcover !!

Social source share

Guest Timothy

hi John

i heard this side played a couple of months ago, it packed the floor. heard a lot worse.

Social source share

I did have one once, seem to remember it being pretty good, would be right up your street these days mate :)

Any chance Mr Manship could post up the flip, please ? can only help the price of the one on auction. cant remember the title, off the top of my head :unsure:

Potsy,

Lisa loves you,

yes a DOUBLE soundclip will be up there in a mo'....she's standing with her fists on her hips... what's that mean? Maybe it's first part of doing the boogie!

Social source share

Pat

Pat

I bought and paid for my copy on 14 July but as yet not arrived in the post. I've contacted the seller but as yet have not received a response.

Anyone received their copy yet???

Little Av

Social source share

Potsy,

Lisa loves you,

yes a DOUBLE soundclip will be up there in a mo'....she's standing with her fists on her hips... what's that mean? Maybe it's first part of doing the boogie!

:lol: Aw shucks...I Love you too Lisa :D

ahem....sounds more like she's about to throw a wobbler & ask for a pay rise John, but then :rolleyes: she cant be, as you keep telling me she's over paid & under worked :yes: He does Lisa, you know I wouldn't lie to you, after all who would you trust more, John :unsure: .....or me :rolleyes:

Pay rise ? think she needs a furkin medal !

Social source share

Guest franky m

Pat

I bought and paid for my copy on 14 July but as yet not arrived in the post. I've contacted the seller but as yet have not received a response.

Anyone received their copy yet???

Little Av

Hi LittleAv , i have brought from this guy in the past and had no problems , the records turned up ok , and yes the b side on the stock copy is a big tune on the French boogie scene , and quite hard to find compared with the promos which this guy has been selling for some time , franky m
Social source share

Guest mel brat

...er, can we cut to the chase here? I like this record a whole lot. So how much should I expect to pay for a copy, and is ebay the best place to look for one? Thanks.

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Update on this saga

I registered a dispute with Paypal a few weeks ago and today got my money refunded.

For anyone else stung by this and not done so already, I suggest you do the same.

Cheers

Pat

Edited by s7oul
Social source share

Update on this saga

I registered a dispute with Paypal a few weeks ago and today got my money refunded.

For anyone else stung by this and not done so already, I suggest you do the same.

Cheers

Pat

Hi Pat

I was hoping the delay in receiving my record was due to the postal strike, but after sending 3 messages to the seller and not receiving a response I've now registered a dispute. Shame as I was really looking forward to giving this one a spin.

KTF

Little Av

Social source share

Same here chaps,no response to 3 e mails,so i have had to resort to putting in a claim to paypal etc for a refund etc,

I was hoping to get the record ,i was prepard to give the guy/seller more time but alas he's not botherd to return my mails,so i had no choice but to claim etc.

Social source share

Just had a message back from someone who bought a load of books from 'Plock' at around the same time as he sold all these Hard Cover 45's. They hadn't recieved the goods and had filed a dispute with paypal (having not heard any kind of response to his message asking where the items were - just like us lot)

This may seem morbidly far fetched but it's not beyond the realms of possiblity that the Hard Cover guy is no longer of this world. Could be one explanation for all this and at the moment seems the most likely! huh.gif

Social source share

Just had a message back from someone who bought a load of books from 'Plock' at around the same time as he sold all these Hard Cover 45's. They hadn't recieved the goods and had filed a dispute with paypal (having not heard any kind of response to his message asking where the items were - just like us lot)

This may seem morbidly far fetched but it's not beyond the realms of possiblity that the Hard Cover guy is no longer of this world. Could be one explanation for all this and at the moment seems the most likely! :lol:

OR MAYBE BEEN CARTED OFF TO PRISON FOR FRAUD

GET MY MONEY BACK YESTERDAY TO

HE NEVER REPLIED TO ANY E-MAILS

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!