Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly

Due to a remarkable request from my eldest son who heard them in concert on a radio show in Holland asked me if I had anything by them :lol: , well I replied just all of their albums! :thumbup: , so whilst downloading on to my pc it must be 10 years since I gave them a listen and have to say that quality never fades!, any other fans on here?

Lenny

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Brilliant in concerts .. and still popular in the southern states !!

Simon

Was lucky enough to see them twice in the early 80s, in Manchester and Edinburgh where they were quite superb in concert as you say, they have their critics of course such as "shopping mall" soul and "elevator music" but they were a shining beacon in the morass of programmed music in that decade, Live In New Orleans is my all time fave,

Lenny

Social source share

Guest johnm

The only album I have is from a live concert in New Orleans I bought it after seeing a live show on TV

in the early 80's. Great band and of course singer... Joy and no Pain

Social source share

Frankie Beverley and Maze, what a great band! Right On Time, Twilight and The Look In Your Eyes to name but a few. Wonder what they're up to now!

Steve.

They have a website now Steve just type it in your search engine, the basic core of the group are still with him

Lenny

Social source share

Guest Brian J

Excellent band.

Managed to see them live at Manchester's Apollo.

Can't remember when it was...some time in the 90's I think.

Social source share

Guest southpaw

Due to a remarkable request from my eldest son who heard them in concert on a radio show in Holland asked me if I had anything by them :lol: , well I replied just all of their albums! :thumbup: , so whilst downloading on to my pc it must be 10 years since I gave them a listen and have to say that quality never fades!, any other fans on here?

Lenny

Did FB & Maze do a tribute song about Marvin Gaye called "silky silky soul singer"? or something like that brilliant track have it on one of there cd's will have to dig it out & give it a spin :lol:

Alan

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

"Look in your eyes" is a wonderful out and out soul record that sounds a million dollars compared to the 10 it will cost you to own one.

Wasn't Mr Dearlove the first to champion this record ?

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

"Look in your eyes" is a wonderful out and out soul record that sounds a million dollars compared to the 10 it will cost you to own one.

Wasn't Mr Dearlove the first to champion this record ?

Think it was Mr Dearlove Richard great record
:yes:

"While I'm Alone" was always a favourite of mine and "Southern Girl" too

Cheers Paul

PS Maybe a weekender act for Mr Searling/Smooth FM ?

Social source share

Guest Ranger

Saw them live twice. Seem to remember at one show (probably Manchester) FB stopped them in mid song because they weren't doing it right. Sounded fine to me though. Even bought one of the baseball caps with the logo on. Never wore it in public though :wicked:

Great band with so many good tunes - has anyone mentioned Joy & Pain - all time classic :yes: .

Kev

Social source share

Guest Ranger

Joy and Pain...classic indeed!!

Lenny

Hearing this again just reminded me of something. Back in 1982 BBC2 screened the Live In New Orleans Concert. We didn't own a video recorder so i bought one on my way home from work and just got it set up in time. Just checked and I've till got the tape. Magic.

Social source share

They were superb at Hammersmith Odeon in the early 8t's. I still have the Maze Craze t-shirt somewhere...no chance it'll fit.

I saw them the last time they were here at the royal albert hall, good but no longer the class act they were back then. Shorter set and different line up.

Social source share

oh yes! I have to say one of my alltime favourite bands...Frankie has an amazing voice! saw them at the Hammersmith Palais (now apollo) in the late 80's...fantastic...hope they are still playing..be great to see thehm back in the UK!!

Social source share

Guest Marisa

Yes, I saw them in hammersmith, late 80's too. Unforgettable, experiencing 'Joy and Pain' and 'Before I let Go' live!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!