Shooting High

Nasty pile up on the M11 meant we didn't get there till just after midnight.

Fab bar prices and danceable tunes on arrival. Luther Ingram, Lost Soul. Ree Flores and on and on.

Were a few chaps off the street, some of whom were quite well oiled, that looked to be enjoying themselves. One of them walking towards me as I was dancing, did a little impression of me dancing, which was nice. And despite initially wanting to bite his nose a la Vinnie Jones style, the mood was far too mellow for any such unpleasantness.

R&B, Ska and smoking garden were all vibrant all night. Good to see Adam & Val, Ady & Donna, Ken, Rowly, Chrissieo, James, Karen, Emma, Trickster and everyone else.

Top night, stayed till the end. Roll on Sarfgate.. :D

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Top Top night out that was,luved it every minute.

1.Ady C on top form with the tunes yet again,nice one Ady..

2.Best spot for me was Ady Lupton 2nd set ..out of this world,great set mate.

3.Nice to catch up with mates i aint seen for a bit,....Rowly nice to see you again mucker, joel still nutty as ever(dont worry mate in time itll get better).

4.Keb Darge helping me with the sing a long time,we were both out of tune like 2 old castrated cats(funny though).

5.Pete Widdison for always clapping out of time with the records played(note to myself ,buy the man some mittens at xmas).

6.James Trouble the birthday boy,you little pervert you,ogling the quote"foxy minx with no draws on"

7.Pete Gent for the floor show with the two sons along in tow(funny as f***).

Like i said a great night out,slightly down on numbers but who cares when its good.

8.Roger Banks thanks for playing Sugar & Spices,great tune mate(the mrs do ok with the fags ?).

9.Chrissieo,i never said bye bye sorry girl(did you make much at the station while wearing that outfit then ?).

Only 1 moan about the drunk stupid lttle student type long haired scruffy looking TWAT,sit on my lap again mush and you aint gonna live long.

Moan over,for those of you who missed it,you missed out on a good un..

Nasty pile up on the M11 meant we didn't get there till just after midnight.

Fab bar prices and danceable tunes on arrival. Luther Ingram, Lost Soul. Ree Flores and on and on.

Were a few chaps off the street, some of whom were quite well oiled, that looked to be enjoying themselves. One of them walking towards me as I was dancing, did a little impression of me dancing, which was nice. And despite initially wanting to bite his nose a la Vinnie Jones style, the mood was far too mellow for any such unpleasantness.

R&B, Ska and smoking garden were all vibrant all night. Good to see Adam & Val, Ady & Donna, Ken, Rowly, Chrissieo, James, Karen, Emma, Trickster and everyone else.

Top night, stayed till the end. Roll on Sarfgate.. :D

As Ian has said, great night all round. Especially enjoyed the Ska, nice refreshing change, room. Spent quite a bit of time in the "smoke room" talking my usual bollox to anyone who would listen, those who know me know to avoid me when I get like this :wub: The rest of you will know better next time. :wub:

Don't know where the time went, it just seemed to fly by. It was nice to come out into sunshine after all the grotty weather this week. As my train wasn't till 9am I took the bus up to camden and sat and had a coffee and read the papers in the sunshine. By the time I got home it was 10am and I was shattered, feet ached, cramp in my calves so just fell into my pit but couldn't sleep as the great tunes that were played kept going round in my head.

Thanks all for a great night thumbsup.gif

QoFxx

3.Nice to catch up with mates i aint seen for a bit,....Rowly nice to see you again mucker, joel still nutty as ever(dont worry mate in time itll get better).

4.Keb Darge helping me with the sing a long time,we were both out of tune like 2 old castrated cats(funny though).

5.Pete Widdison for always clapping out of time with the records played(note to myself ,buy the man some mittens at xmas).

6.James Trouble the birthday boy,you little pervert you,ogling the quote"foxy minx with no draws on"

Like i said a great night out,slightly down on numbers but who cares when its good.

8.Roger Banks thanks for playing Sugar & Spices,great tune mate(the mrs do ok with the fags ?).

9.Chrissieo,i never said bye bye sorry girl(did you make much at the station while wearing that outfit then ?).

Only 1 moan about the drunk stupid lttle student type long haired scruffy looking TWAT,sit on my lap again mush and you aint gonna live long.

If you had been paying attention you would of noticed that I changed into my jeans at about 5 (or had you left by then?)as I was too tired to work Kings X this morning :D

QoFxx

If you had been paying attention you would of noticed that I changed into my jeans at about 5 (or had you left by then?)as I was too tired to work Kings X this morning :D

QoFxx

Sorry Chrissieo,it was 5.55am when i left,sorry i did'nt notice your outfit change,glad you got home in one bit though,what happened to Pete Bennett & the German bint ,never saw him leave.

Guest DonnaD

OH my God was it James' birthday!!! We will have to give him the bumbs next week in Colchester to make up for it - naughty boy, not telling me wicked.gif

I finally managed, with Ady's help, to whittle 2 simsy's down to one simsy :D

It was a really nice atmosphere and great tunes I thought.

Sorry Chrissieo,it was 5.55am when i left,sorry i did'nt notice your outfit change,glad you got home in one bit though,what happened to Pete Bennett & the German bint ,never saw him leave.

They snucked off about 4-4.30ish they did come and say goodbye, it was a shame cos I lost my dance partner for the Ska room, she really enjoyed it :D

QoFxx

Really enjoyed last night. It's great having the 3 rooms or should it be 4 with the smoker's spot. Ady, you should put some decks out there coz that room was never empty :D . Only drawback for me was my knee let me down about 4.30. Thought Vic's and Mace's spots were great - haven't heard 'Meditation' played out for years.

what a great night !!

the RnB room was absolutely top drawer all night, my feet were thoroughly sore :wicked:

Lovely to see some familiar faces (Rob and the boys) plus some new ones; chrissie, rowly, and the guys from scotland and cardiff - great company on the dancefloor, cheers!

looking forward to my next rocket trip already :yes:

what a great night !!

the RnB room was absolutely top drawer all night, my feet were thoroughly sore :D

Lovely to see some familiar faces (Rob and the boys) plus some new ones; chrissie, rowly, and the guys from scotland and cardiff - great company on the dancefloor, cheers!

looking forward to my next rocket trip already :P

Great to meet you Helen :thumbup:

QoFxx

Guest Rowly

Great tunes in the Main / R&B rooms... (not a Ska fan so didn't venture in there!) shame the numbers were light cos it does affect the atmosphere - as does the new smoking regime - nice not to have the smell / smoke to bother about but a major pain when half those that are there have fucked off outside for a smoke making spreding the numbers even thinner - if ya know what i mean!

Nice to catch up with Toby, Simsy, Smudge, Woolie Mark, Gill, Mulf, Donna, Ady, Trouble (suitably shitfaced!) Adam, Val et all... and to meet Norwichdancer, Emma & Chrissie...

Had to bail out early (4.30) due to needing to be semi fresh for me C.A.F! do last night....

see ya at the next one no doubt!

Edited by Rowly

Shhhhhhhhhhhh :P:D

QoFxx

Anybody else,there would be a stakc of old cups on his heads,one eyebrow left and a painted on tash!! :thumbup:post-1986-1185189639.jpg

Edited by ken
Guest DonnaD

Anybody else,there would be a stakc of old cups on his heads,one eyebrow left and a painted on tash!! :thumbup:

No different to your usual sat night outfit then kenny