Soul Weekender-butlins Skeggy-crazy Horse Room

Having just came back from this weekender at Skeggy for the 3rd year running, i was hoping there might be any members out there who spun on the nights at The Crazy Horse northern soul venue?

Heard some great tunes throughout the 3 nights and a playlist would really help me out in searching for those tunes still in my head.

Or if you was there,share your thoughts right here.

Not a dedicated Northern Weekender,but good all the same.

John.

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi jono jones just been chatting to my little mate rupe, he dj ed at skeggy at weekend he informes me the record played was buddy miles and the californian rasins what does it take hope this helps mr j.p.

hi jono jones      just been chatting to my little mate rupe, he dj ed at skeggy at weekend he informes me the record played was  buddy miles and the californian  rasins    what does it take  hope this helps  mr j.p.

link

Yes,Rupe was DJ`ing there,he has been since the first one i believe.I will try and find a sample on the net of the one he says was played unless one gets posted here.

What was Rupe`s outlook on this years event by the way?

I was really disappointed with the "live bands".only one worth seeing-Tommy Hunt-didn`t turn up!!!

Guest BCTRHYTHM

Having just came back from this weekender at Skeggy for the 3rd year running, i was hoping there might be any members out there who spun on the nights at The Crazy Horse northern soul venue?

Heard some great tunes throughout the 3 nights and a playlist would really help me out in searching for those tunes still in my head.

John.

link

Guest BCTRHYTHM

John.

link

RECORD WAS CALIFORNIA RAISINS FEATURING BUDDY MILES ON PRIORITY,WE PICKED UP A FEW COPIES FROM BANANAS YEARS BACK,SOME ON COLOURED VINYL,AND SOME PICTURE SLEEVES,MOST WERE SOLD LOCALLY,i HAVE SEVERAL OTHER VERSIONS,ONLY ONE THAT HAS NOT BEEN MENTIONED IS THE YOUNGHEARTS,FROM TASTE OF THE YOUNHEARTS LP.

BCTRHYTHM

RECORD WAS CALIFORNIA RAISINS FEATURING BUDDY MILES ON PRIORITY,WE PICKED UP A FEW COPIES FROM BANANAS YEARS BACK,SOME ON COLOURED VINYL,AND SOME PICTURE SLEEVES,MOST WERE SOLD LOCALLY,i HAVE SEVERAL OTHER VERSIONS,ONLY ONE THAT HAS NOT BEEN MENTIONED IS THE YOUNGHEARTS,FROM TASTE OF THE YOUNHEARTS LP.

BCTRHYTHM

link

Many thanks BCT,any chance of an audio clip,as cannot find any source to buy or hear on the net at all.

John.

Guest BCTRHYTHM

Many thanks BCT,any chance of an audio clip,as cannot find any source to buy or hear on the net at all.

John.

link

jono,

I have had a flick through some old boxes,and i have found last copy i have (apart from my picture sleeve),it is on purple vinyl,it was released in 1988,it was also available on the sweet,delicious,marvelous lp.IMO it is by far the best version especially if you cant afford the Bay Brothers.if you are interested let me know price 15 pounds inc p&p.

Bruce.

jono,

I have had a flick through some old boxes,and i have found last copy i have (apart from my picture sleeve),it is on purple vinyl,it was released in 1988,it was also available on the sweet,delicious,marvelous lp.IMO it is by far the best version especially if you cant afford the Bay Brothers.if you are interested let me know price 15 pounds inc p&p.

Bruce.

link

Thanks for the offer Bruce,i may take you up on it.I have managed to locate a couple of sites selling the album/cd called Sweet Delicious & Marvelous which it is on,but i was hoping for a sound file,even a short one ,especially the intro to determine if this is the version i heard.I was led to believe the version i was after was by The Electrifying Cashmeres,i managed to track down an audio sample and although excellent i don`t think that is the one.Well I thought it was,but the misssus says NO Its Not(cannot argue there)I have yet to hear the Bay Brothers or the California Raisins versions to compere so i still don`t know which one i am after.If a sample cannot appear hear i will keep trying the net.

Eventually through the process of elimination Dr Watson i shall get there!

John.

P.S. I have posted on the topic" What Does it Take",which this is a branch off,a full list of versions as listed on Allmusic.com.It would be great to put as many audio samples on as possible to judge the best from all of them,but of course they might not all be to our taste,but it will add to the debate all the same.I have already put Anton Ellis`version up,i will try to dig out some more while i search for the one that i want.

Guest BCTRHYTHM

Thanks for the offer Bruce,i may take you up on it.I have managed to locate a couple of sites selling the album/cd called Sweet Delicious & Marvelous which it is on,but i was hoping for a sound file,even a short one ,especially the intro to determine if this is the version i heard.I was led to believe the version i was after was by The Electrifying Cashmeres,i managed to track down an audio sample and although excellent i don`t think that is the one.Well I thought it was,but the misssus says NO Its Not(cannot argue there)I have yet to hear the Bay Brothers or the California Raisins versions to compere so i still don`t know which one i am after.If a sample cannot appear hear i will keep trying the net.

Eventually through the process of elimination Dr Watson i shall get there!

John.

P.S. I have posted on the topic" What Does it Take",which this is a branch off,a full list of versions as listed on Allmusic.com.It would be great to put as many audio samples on as possible to judge the best from all of them,but of course they might not all be to our taste,but it will add to the debate all the same.I have already put Anton Ellis`version up,i will try to dig out some more while i search for the one that i want.

link

jono,

manship has one for sale for 40 pounds ! on purple vinyl with a sound clip,

put in what does it take under title and search.

should be the version you heard.

BCTRHYTHM

jono,

manship has one for sale for 40 pounds ! on purple vinyl with a sound clip,

put in what does it take under title and search.

should be the version you heard.

BCTRHYTHM

link

Edited by jonojones