Stolen Hours

Well thats the last one till November 24th now. Numbers were down a bit and having spoken to those that were thereit appears that the local beer festival has a lot to answer for as many were at that the night before and were a little worse for wear.

Still good to see many members making the effort to support the night and a big thanks to Piko and Gui for coming over from Northern France. Definitely be the start fo a new hands across the water link for Soul Smugglers Inc.

Big thanks to the usuals on the decks and more importantly Richard Brown for making the trip down. It was great to see him and Johnny H playing out some great tracks from a wide range of decades. Cheers Richard.

I am sure the guys will sort out their playlists and put them up soon and I will attempt to sort mine out later today or tomorrow. Kevin played a good closing set again with people dancing their way out as the lights went off.

Stay safe all who came and get ready for November. Tickets will be going on sale to members first via newsletter and then to the general soul fraternity via soul source and the website.

cheers Mark.

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest kent soul club

We enjoyed the night, nice chatting to Tony Jackson, and looking forward to him playing at KSC.

The french guys seemed like nice fellas-be seeing them at the Oysterbank scooter rally in Holland in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to November, you should get a good crowd there.

See you soon mate,

Magoo.

Guest GrooveJunkies

The Numbers were down but never the less it still turned out to be a good night. I must say, I enjoyed Kevin's first set with lots of new sounds, I think he even played a couple of 70s. Mark done the usual great job by playing to a very hard to please crowd and hitting them with a mixed bag of tunes from classic northern, R&B and some nice obscurities. Richard Brown came all the way down from Essex and pulled some outstanding tunes out of his magic boxes, they seemed to be full of gem after gem. Luckily I seized the opportunity and double decked with him on both sets and had a great time......thanks Richard I enjoyed it....anyway my sets below are in close to the order they were played.........

1st set

Love makers- when you're next to me

Al foster band- night of the wolf

Kiki Dee-love is a warm kind of sorrow

Joe Simon-got a whole lot of loving

Karl Wilson-I've been loving you

Dolly Patron-busy signal :wicked::yes:

Karl Douglas-I want to give you my everything

Pockets-come go with me

Ebony Alleyne-in love with a stranger

2nd set

Phillip Mitchell-im so happy

Nolan Porter- if I could only be sure

Greg Perry-it takes heart

Otis Clay-only way is up

Pat Lewis-it'll never be over for me

Nabay-believe it or not

Larry Williams-too late

Frank Wilson-do I love you

Edwin Starr-my weakness is you

Jelly Beans-you don't mean me no good

Johnny Moore-walk like a man

Barbara Mills-queen of fools

Carstairs-it really hurts me girl

Benny Troy-I wanna give you tomorrow

Velvet Hammer-happy

Five and a Penny-you don't know where your interest lies............ tongue.gif .

Edited by GrooveJunkies
Guest Bearsy

good to hear you all had a great night and gutted i couldnt be there but will be next time in November thats for sure,

Hope to catch up with you all very soon and until then wave.gif

Bearsy

Well thats the last one till November 24th now. Numbers were down a bit and having spoken to those that were thereit appears that the local beer festival has a lot to answer for as many were at that the night before and were a little worse for wear.

Still good to see many members making the effort to support the night and a big thanks to Piko and Gui for coming over from Northern France. Definitely be the start fo a new hands across the water link for Soul Smugglers Inc.

Big thanks to the usuals on the decks and more importantly Richard Brown for making the trip down. It was great to see him and Johnny H playing out some great tracks from a wide range of decades. Cheers Richard.

I am sure the guys will sort out their playlists and put them up soon and I will attempt to sort mine out later today or tomorrow. Kevin played a good closing set again with people dancing their way out as the lights went off.

Stay safe all who came and get ready for November. Tickets will be going on sale to members first via newsletter and then to the general soul fraternity via soul source and the website.

cheers Mark.

Well I finally got myself together and typed the list so here you go, its kind of in order.

Marie Knight - Make yourself at home

Jackie Wilson - You got me walking

The Metros - Time changes things

Lavern Baker and Jimmy Ricks - You're the boss

Barbara Mercer - Hey

The Young Vandals - Too busy thinking 'bout my baby

Deon Jackson - Love makes the world go round

The Lovers - Do this for me

Demetris Tapp - What kind of girl

Gloria Lynne - You don't have to be a tower of strength

Willie Williams - The Baa-Baa song

Robert Winters - L-O-V-E

100 Proof aged in soul - Somebody's been sleeping

Melba Moore - I got love

Donald Height - Rags to riches to rags

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - The tracks of my tears

The Four Tempos - Showdown

The Crampton Sisters - I didn't know what time it was

The Willows - Hurtin' all over

The Intruders - Check yourself

Linda Jones and The Whatnauts - I'm so glad I found you

Chubby Checker - Hey you little boo-ga-loo

The Montclairs - Unwanted love

Ted Taylor - Something strange is goin'

Bobby Mandolph - Gotta get you back

John Parker - Just a thing called love

Sons of Robin Stone - Got to get you back

Kurt Harris - Emperor of my baby's heart

Etta James - Seven day fool

J.R.Bailey - Hold back the dawn

Ray Scott and the Scottsmen - Feeling no pain

Ike and Tina Turner - Dust my broom

Little Milton - Just a little bit

cheers Mark.

Edited by hold tight

Thanks for a splendid evening, here's what I can remember playing off hand, there were plenty more and if I think of the others i'll add them on

Lover - Sherri Taylor & Singin Sammy Ward

Baby I'm Coming Home - Mack Rice

Love Diet - The Imagination

I'm Caught Up In A One Night Love Affair - Inner Life

Our Love Will Grow - The Showmen

Judgement Day - Tavares

No Matter What They Say - Denise LaSalle

I Just Want To Fall In Love - Detroit Spinners

Stop And Think It Over - Anthony White

What Can A Man Do - Ben E King

Comin Home Baby - Dee Dee Sharp

Wounded Woman - Sandra Wright