Going On Holiday To Tenerife?

Just got back from two weeks in Tenerife and luckily found a fantastic soul bar on the second day called Manhattans. Live acts and fantastic sounds (Northern/Motown/Modern/R&b/Classics/Crossover etc.). It's already known to a lot of Soul In The Sun soulies as there were a few familiar faces on a DVD being played. If you are off to Tenerife on your summer hols then give it a visit it will save you from nights of karaoke and Elvis!! Full details and location details on web site;

https://www.manhattanstenerife.com/

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just got back from two weeks in Tenerife and luckily found a fantastic soul bar on the second day called Manhattans. Live acts and fantastic sounds (Northern/Motown/Modern/R&b/Classics/Crossover etc.). It's already known to a lot of Soul In The Sun soulies as there were a few familiar faces on a DVD being played. If you are off to Tenerife on your summer hols then give it a visit it will save you from nights of karaoke and Elvis!! Full details and location details on web site;

Found it last year when on holiday. Good atmosphere & music. Only drawback is that it's a little on the small side.

Phil

Social source share

Guest hurryup

Found it last year when on holiday. Good atmosphere & music. Only drawback is that it's a little on the small side.

Phil

Another really good bar not to be missed is the Soul Suite at Los Americanos (sorry, think I've spelt it wrong). We went twice when we were there in April, infact I think this was a better night than at the Jungle. There was one guy, part of the duo (Sweet Soul I think they were called) and he had the most incredible voice you've ever heard :P . Definitely worth a visit :thumbup:

Social source share

Yes, i should go when the 'soul in the sunners' aren't about, the cheeky monkey puts the prices when they're in town, and yes, its happened to us :thumbup:

Social source share

Another really good bar not to be missed is the Soul Suite at Los Americanos (sorry, think I've spelt it wrong). We went twice when we were there in April, infact I think this was a better night than at the Jungle. There was one guy, part of the duo (Sweet Soul I think they were called) and he had the most incredible voice you've ever heard :P . Definitely worth a visit :thumbup:

Yes went there as well. It's probably better for live acts but misses out on the sounds, just background music between acts and no DJ.

Web site below;

https://www.soulsuitetenerife.com/

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Is there anything else soul wise going on in Tenerife in October half term time i think its the last week in October,

just talked the missus in going there and she said i can slope off a couple of times if i do take us all out there :)

happy days

Social source share

If you want to win some Brownie points, take the family for a meal to 'Sugar and Spice'. Its opposite the Patch in Las Americas. Top nosh at low prices.

I think Manhattans has the market cornered for Northern, although a few venues like Jazzimo claim to promote soul acts.

Noticed a 'soul bar' up past the San Eugenio shopping center, but the staff were miserable, and after an hour we left.

Good luck anyway.

Ed

Social source share

Is there anything else soul wise going on in Tenerife in October half term time i think its the last week in October,

just talked the missus in going there and she said i can slope off a couple of times if i do take us all out there :thumbsup:

happy days

Plenty of general bars with "soul" singers on certain nights, Elvis, Chubby Brown (very funny), Blues Bros etc on other nights but only seems to be Manhattans with proper soul DJ. Soul Suite only have soul acts, three each night (I think) but again no DJ and live acts finished by midnight.

Enjoy but watch taxi drivers don't rip you off.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Plenty of general bars with "soul" singers on certain nights, Elvis, Chubby Brown (very funny), Blues Bros etc on other nights but only seems to be Manhattans with proper soul DJ. Soul Suite only have soul acts, three each night (I think) but again no DJ and live acts finished by midnight.

Enjoy but watch taxi drivers don't rip you off.

Manhattans sounds best to me, hoping to go in October so plenty of time to plan, im well aware of the rip offs out there too :thumbsup:

the amount of times i won on them scratc cards for the top prize is amazing, the look on there faces though when i tell them i dont need the money as im absolutley minted and just want to take me kids to the beach :D:lol:

Social source share

Guest Cher1962

We are going to Tenerife early September and intend to do Manhattans at night. Went there last year while at Soul in the Sun and it was one of the better nights of the holiday. Thought we would give SITS a miss this year and just have a relaxing holiday but with the bonus of having somewhere to go at night that caters for the likes of us.

The bar staff are really friendly and I would recommend it to anyone.

Enjoy your holidays all the rest of you that are going!

Cheryl

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!