Piercebridge___soul Addiction ___sept 8th

I've been kindly asked by Steve and Liana to assist with future events so!!!!!!!!

Not long now to the Ultimate North East Soul Event playing the very best in Northern and Modern Soul, if you've not been before you will be in for a treat in a class venue, the DJ line up speaks for itself, so we're in for a night of true Soul bliss

So were back on the 8th Sept !!!!!!!!!

Doors open 7.00p.m -----3.00a.m

£7.00 gets you in

Line up as follows-----

Northern room

ANDY DYSON

JUMPIN JOAN

BAZ ATKINSON (21st birthday?---does he think ill fall for that one .Looks at least 25)

DON THOMPSON

KEV CANE

KEV JOHNSON

DUNCAN MCALLISTER

STEVE WILSON

Modern room

TONY DAWBER

SEAN LIVESEY

MARK ARMSTRONG

EWAN RENTON

MARK DAWSON

LIANA

STRICTLY!!!!!no admission after 11.30 (turn up after then you just won,t get in no matter how much money i owe you)

Further info e-mail steve.77@ntlworld.com/or Paul Conroy on conroypylb@aol.com

Tel Steve /Liana on 07928 811913

Paul Conroy on 0191 4911124

Want to book a room?--contact The George --piercebridge on 01325 374576

LIANA, STEVE and PAUL

function submitPageForm() { document.pageNavForm.action = document.pageNavForm.action+document.pageNavForm.commentPage.value; document.pageNavForm.submit(); } function setSubmitPageForm(page) { document.pageNavForm.commentPage.value = page; submitPageForm(); }

• Replies 150
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest stash313

Good to hear you're on board Paul, looking forward to playing in the North East immensley.

Plus We're at St James Park in the day so a full saturday up in Geordie land!

Speaking of which I may be coming up on saturday with John Kane and Tracey depending on finances. Fingers crossed.

Sean

Well it would have been a better day for you all round visiting the hallowed tirf of St James, but like you asid we'll still have a cracking night

Just spoken to John, if you come up on Saturday, bring you box with you mate

Cheers

Paul

My spellin is shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been kindly asked by Steve and Liana to assist with future events so!!!!!!!!

Not long now to the Ultimate North East Soul Event playing the very best in Northern and Modern Soul, if you've not been before you will be in for a treat in a class venue, the DJ line up speaks for itself, so we're in for a night of true Soul bliss

So were back on the 8th Sept !!!!!!!!!

Doors open 7.00p.m -----3.00a.m

£7.00 gets you in

Line up as follows-----

Northern room

ANDY DYSON

JUMPIN JOAN

BAZ ATKINSON (21st birthday?---does he think ill fall for that one .Looks at least 25)

DON THOMPSON

KEV CANE

KEV JOHNSON

DUNCAN MCALLISTER

STEVE WILSON

Modern room

TONY DAWBER

SEAN LIVESEY

MARK ARMSTRONG

EWAN RENTON

MARK DAWSON

LIANA

STRICTLY!!!!!no admission after 11.30 (turn up after then you just won,t get in no matter how much money i owe you)

Further info e-mail steve.77@ntlworld.com/or Paul Conroy on conroypylb@aol.com

Tel Steve /Liana on 07928 811913

Paul Conroy on 0191 4911124

LIANA, STEVE and PAUL

function submitPageForm() { document.pageNavForm.action = document.pageNavForm.action+document.pageNavForm.commentPage.value; document.pageNavForm.submit(); } function setSubmitPageForm(page) { document.pageNavForm.commentPage.value = page; submitPageForm(); }

YOUR NOW OFFICIALLY MY BEST MATE MR CONROY,GONNA WHIP UP SOME REAL INTEREST FOR THIS ONE.

BAZ A

Duncan

if i had of known it would of been mentioned in the original post, so as well as celebrating the very best in Souk Music we will also celebrating the birthdays of 2 of the North East's finest's DJ's /Collectors, t

Together theyl have a combined age of 42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sums have always been my weak

Paul Conroy

Duncan

if i had of known it would of been mentioned in the original post, so as well as celebrating the very best in Souk Music we will also celebrating the birthdays of 2 of the North East's finest's DJ's /Collectors, t

Together theyl have a combined age of 42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Conroy

Have you forgot. you were at my 50th in october 2004 !!!!!!!!!!

duncan

Duncan

Together theyl have a combined age of 42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!0 :D

Paul Conroy

early days for this yet but few e mails already from a few mates who are coming.

BAZ A

like who :thumbsup:

don't know if we can make it to this one, mostly because it's the week the kids go back to school, so they may be a bit tearful, and I may well have been sectioned by then :ohmy:

obviously we'll make it if we can.... if only to watch you and tiny Dunc with the stripper that will surely be organised for you :rolleyes:

like who :lol:

don't know if we can make it to this one, mostly because it's the week the kids go back to school, so they may be a bit tearful, and I may well have been sectioned by then ph34r.gif

obviously we'll make it if we can.... if only to watch you and tiny Dunc with the stripper that will surely be organised for you :thumbsup:

OH THAT SOUNDS INTERESTING TIGER AND STOP SAYING IM BILLY NO MATES,YOU KNOW IM EASY TO GET ON WITH :P

PS YOU BETTER MAKE IT ILL NEED STEADYING AFTER THE STRIP :lol:

BAZ A

Had a couple of call re accomodation it is mentioned on the first posting of this thread so if any one has missed it here it is again

if you are stuck give is a ring we'll sort something out

Cheers

Paul Conroy

Really enjoyed the night & this venue when we went for Shane & Vonny's birthday but (Yes theres always a BUT) the music was to R&B orientated for our taste & because of that we've not been back. We'd like to give it another go as the venue & people were excellent & it's cheap enough to stay over. :yes:

So here the question "What type of music will be played?" & "Whats the music policy?", I ask this as I'm sorry I only recognise Andy Dyson & Jumping Joan from the Dj list. Please, please don't say it's "Across the board policy", as it very rarely is. :no:

By the way Kirsty I thought you already was sectioned & commited (come to think of it) so don't try & blame those lovely little angels for your mental state. wacko.gif

As for being tearful when going back to work, be like me & don't bother going back, problem solved!! Except for the bills, Ooops, forgot about them!!! :(

May be at this one Steve & Lianna, take care & be safe,

Spot. :thumbsup:

Really enjoyed the night & this venue when we went for Shane & Vonny's birthday but (Yes theres always a BUT) the music was to R&B orientated for our taste & because of that we've not been back. We'd like to give it another go as the venue & people were excellent & it's cheap enough to stay over. :no:

So here the question "What type of music will be played?" & "Whats the music policy?", I ask this as I'm sorry I only recognise Andy Dyson & Jumping Joan from the Dj list. Please, please don't say it's "Across the board policy", as it very rarely is. :wicked:

By the way Kirsty I thought you already was sectioned & commited (come to think of it) so don't try & blame those lovely little angels for your mental state. wacko.gif

As for being tearful when going back to work, be like me & don't bother going back, problem solved!! Except for the bills, Ooops, forgot about them!!! :(

Spot. :thumbsup:

well Spot, you know what a fussy bird I am, and I can honestly say that we went to the last one on a spur of the moment thang, and had a fantastic night (partly because of the company and partly a great line-up musically)

from the line-up you'll already know Andy and Joan - so I'll just tell you that you'll like Kev Cane, Don Thompson and tiny little Duncan M. Baz is either uptempo 60's or does a lovely 70's spot - but don't know what he'll choose to play here. Don't recall ever hearing the nutter play any tunes, but I expect that he'll be on before anyone arrives and before he's had a chance to get in a mess (yes Kev J I'm talking about you :yes: ) - and will make the presumption that it'll be 60's detroit..... And I can't remember what Steve Wilsons like as he finished last time and because I'd been commandeered to drive home we left a bit early

does that help?

well Spot, you know what a fussy bird I am, and I can honestly say that we went to the last one on a spur of the moment thang, and had a fantastic night (partly because of the company and partly a great line-up musically)

from the line-up you'll already know Andy and Joan - so I'll just tell you that you'll like Kev Cane, Don Thompson and tiny little Duncan M. Baz is either uptempo 60's or does a lovely 70's spot - but don't know what he'll choose to play here. Don't recall ever hearing the nutter play any tunes, but I expect that he'll be on before anyone arrives and before he's had a chance to get in a mess (yes Kev J I'm talking about you :yes: ) - and will make the presumption that it'll be 60's detroit..... And I can't remember what Steve Wilsons like as he finished last time and because I'd been commandeered to drive home we left a bit early

does that help?

As always a font of invaluable information & a Top bird to boot. :thumbsup:

Ta very much,

Spot. :(

he's still at John and Sandras making friends with there dog :P

well he was last time I saw him :lol:

:lol: HE FELT REALLY BAD ABOUT THAT KIRSTY PARTICULARY SINCE HE NEVER GOT THE DOGS NUMBER/I NEED HEADSEY ON MY BIRTHDAY DEFINETLY.KEV JOHNSON DOES A GREAT SPOT AND AS YOU KNOW THAT ENTHUSIASM IS INFECTIOUS.

BAZ A

Hiya Spot ---Kirsty,s got it about right---theres no music policy as such---all the D.J.s just get up and do their own thing---i just rely on them to do the business

So it,ll always be different

I do the last hour and try to play recognisable (but not overplayed )oldies---send everyone home with a dance if u like.

Give it another go --be good to see you there

Steve

I'm here :rolleyes:

R+B at Piercebridge ? I know who that would have been............nah, no way is it R+B tinged ,

banging underplayed and forgotten 60s ,x-over ,some mid tempo,

same sorta music policy as Wilton ( ish ) IMO,

Dyson,Joan, know the score of course ,but the locals will be worth a listen have no worries :boxing:

and just realised that I will be back from my hols at 4.00 pm that day so will defo be partying hard for your birthday Baz, and big Dunc's.

looked like was'nt gonna be able to make it but all sorted now.

and Kev J will certainly surprise with a few hidden gems !

Baz,book a room for us ?

Guest bill storey

Excellent! Plenty of notice this time, just the right time of the month not to clash with anything important and maybe just maybe I'll be able to budget for it so I shall start looking forward to it from today! :D

I'm here :D

R+B at Piercebridge ? I know who that would have been............nah, no way is it R+B tinged ,

banging underplayed and forgotten 60s ,x-over ,some mid tempo,

same sorta music policy as Wilton ( ish ) IMO,

Dyson,Joan, know the score of course ,but the locals will be worth a listen have no worries :yes:

and just realised that I will be back from my hols at 4.00 pm that day so will defo be partying hard for your birthday Baz, and big Dunc's.

looked like was'nt gonna be able to make it but all sorted now.

and Kev J will certainly surprise with a few hidden gems !

Baz,book a room for us ? WILL DO JEFF BUT I NEED YOUR CARD DETAILS :lol:

Bill

Hope you can make it, the music will be class in both rooms, I know you like the ASE, but you never know you may like this night that much you will want to come time and time again,

It's not very often that North East gets the calibre of DJ's present in one venue

Cheers

Paul Conroy

Guest bill storey

Bill

Looking forward to meeting you, I'll either be on the door or in the modern room, we'll have a pint mate

Paul Conroy

Sure thing Paul mines a Broon ale :D Cheers

Dunc

There may be a few of them around where I'll be, that night, just found out today back on shifts and guess what, I'm on nightshift, I've only got 2 days leave left was keeping them Christmas so is it

Piercebridge or Christmas?, Piercebridge or Christmas?,Piercebridge or Christmas?,Piercebridge or Christmas?,Piercebridge or Christmas?,Piercebridge or Christmas?

Christmas it is Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Conroy

Guest THE BRIGADIER

Really enjoyed the night & this venue when we went for Shane & Vonny's birthday but (Yes theres always a BUT) the music was to R&B orientated for our taste & because of that we've not been back. We'd like to give it another go as the venue & people were excellent & it's cheap enough to stay over. :lol:

So here the question "What type of music will be played?" & "Whats the music policy?", I ask this as I'm sorry I only recognise Andy Dyson & Jumping Joan from the Dj list. Please, please don't say it's "Across the board policy", as it very rarely is. :(

Spot. :lol:

Dj's that nite Pete, Neil Taylor, Paul Harris, Mick Howard, Headsey, playing tunes that has made Burnley such good niter at the mo, to be fare though every nite has been different, down to the constant change of Dj's. This next one should be right up your street mate, see you there. wink.gif

Harry.

Really enjoyed the night & this venue when we went for Shane & Vonny's birthday but (Yes theres always a BUT) the music was to R&B orientated for our taste & because of that we've not been back. We'd like to give it another go as the venue & people were excellent & it's cheap enough to stay over. :P

So here the question "What type of music will be played?" & "Whats the music policy?", I ask this as I'm sorry I only recognise Andy Dyson & Jumping Joan from the Dj list. Please, please don't say it's "Across the board policy", as it very rarely is. :D

As for being tearful when going back to work, be like me & don't bother going back, problem solved!! Except for the bills, Ooops, forgot about them!!! :wicked:

Spot. :wicked:

Hi Spot...

Can't for the life of me remember why we weren't there for Shane & Yvonne's birthday celebrations... but there must have been a very good reason... cos I wouldn't dared have missed it for anything less. :lol:

Anyway... I am very surprised to hear you say it was mainly R&B orientated... it never has never been any other night we've been there... and we've been to most at the George.

As for the night in question on the 8th... I can assure you the music will be first class...

DUNCAN McALLISTER ... what records hasn't this man got in his box... a completely different set every time I've heard him DJ... and always something I've never heard before... just awesome.

BIRTHDAY BOY BAZ ATKINSON ... a big favourite of the DDA... as are all the N.East guys... ALWAYS delivers an incredible set... whether it be up tempo... mid tempo... sixties or seventies... like Kirsty says... it's always of the highest quality.

KEV KANE... well... what can I say... apart from... THIS GUY DOESN'T DJ ENOUGH!! Pure class through and through... CAN'T WAIT to hear his spot... don't forget the Debonairs on Soul Click Kev!

KEV JOHNSON... aka... the North East Tsunami... there can't be a person on the northern scene that doesn't know Kev Johnson... (if there is... I want to know how the hell have you managed that! :lol:) . The passion this guy has for soul music is unquestionable... and his spots are no different... expect to hear Detroit of the highest order... and then some.

DON THOMPSON & STEVE WILSON... these two always deliver the goods... and always play something unexpected that has you saying... "jeez... when was the last time I heard that out"... great stuff.

It's not about rarity or price with these guys... it's about QUALITY... end of!

and last but not least.. ANDY DYSON... no explanation needed for this man... does the business every single time.

So there you have it... and apart from that mad Preston bird lowering the standard... one hell of a night in store for all who venture north on Saturday 8th September...

Here's hoping we see you there :thumbsup:

Hi Spot...

Can't for the life of me remember why we weren't there for Shane & Yvonne's birthday celebrations... but there must have been a very good reason... cos I wouldn't dared have missed it for anything less. :D

Anyway... I am very surprised to hear you say it was mainly R&B orientated... it never has never been any other night we've been there... and we've been to most at the George.

As for the night in question on the 8th... I can assure you the music will be first class...

DUNCAN McALLISTER ... what records hasn't this man got in his box... a completely different set every time I've heard him DJ... and always something I've never heard before... just awesome.

BIRTHDAY BOY BAZ ATKINSON ... a big favourite of the DDA... as are all the N.East guys... ALWAYS delivers an incredible set... whether it be up tempo... mid tempo... sixties or seventies... like Kirsty says... it's always of the highest quality.

KEV KANE... well... what can I say... apart from... THIS GUY DOESN'T DJ ENOUGH!! Pure class through and through... CAN'T WAIT to hear his spot... don't forget the Debonairs on Soul Click Kev!

KEV JOHNSON... aka... the North East Tsunami... there can't be a person on the northern scene that doesn't know Kev Johnson... (if there is... I want to know how the hell have you managed that! :lol: ) . The passion this guy has for soul music is unquestionable... and his spots are no different... expect to hear Detroit of the highest order... and then some.

DON THOMPSON & STEVE WILSON... these two always deliver the goods... and always play something unexpected that has you saying... "jeez... when was the last time I heard that out"... great stuff.

It's not about rarity or price with these guys... it's about QUALITY... end of!

and last but not least.. ANDY DYSON... no explanation needed for this man... does the business every single time.

So there you have it... and apart from that mad Preston bird lowering the standard... one hell of a night in store for all who venture north on Saturday 8th September...

Here's hoping we see you there :lol:

GOOD THAT JOAN ,HOPE YOUR CONTEMPLATING STAYING OVER,[MIGHT BE DRINKPOOS ]SEE YOU SOON.

BAZ A.

Joan,

You can put us all to shame and you know it !!

JJ Barnes on Mickays - get them sorted mate.

Don't know about too much Detroit these days but I reckon one or two might find the way onto the decks .

This is going to be a brilliant night and I would like everyone to give it their full support to make sure this surperb venue carries on for a long time yet.

YOU'LL MISS IT WHEN IT'S GONE !

(please - no local do's on this night if it can be avoided)

Kev J

Looking forward to heading up to the North East and my first visit to Piercebridge. Should be a good weekend with a visit to see the family and then hopefully meeting up with old friends at Piercebridge. Sounds like a great DJ line up with Baz and Duncan and all plus Kev Johnson playing Detroit sounds.

The big lure for me though has to be that JJ Barnes on Mickays "Lonely no more" so get it spinning Joan.

All the best

Manus