Piercebridge___soul Addiction ___sept 8th

Looking forward to heading up to the North East and my first visit to Piercebridge. Should be a good weekend with a visit to see the family and then hopefully meeting up with old friends at Piercebridge. Sounds like a great DJ line up with Baz and Duncan and all plus Kev Johnson playing Detroit sounds.

The big lure for me though has to be that JJ Barnes on Mickays "Lonely no more" so get it spinning Joan.

All the best

Manus

No probs fella... both sides will be getting an airing... class with a capitol C! thumbup.gif

Be great to see you again!

• Replies 150
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Looking forward to heading up to the North East and my first visit to Piercebridge. Should be a good weekend with a visit to see the family and then hopefully meeting up with old friends at Piercebridge. Sounds like a great DJ line up with Baz and Duncan and all plus Kev Johnson playing Detroit sounds.

The big lure for me though has to be that JJ Barnes on Mickays "Lonely no more" so get it spinning Joan.

All the best

Manus

Get in ! - ain't seen you since.... so will be ready for a good bit crack mate. "Jumpin Joan" Barnes eh - it's a record and a half that's for sure.

We can't wait to see you mate - with your youthful good looks (Peter Pan - ha ha ! ) pm me with your ETA in Newcastle and we will have a quiet pint on Friday night (if that's possible).

Better circumstances this time around so let's give it ten nowt !

Alright Kev, it'll be great to see you mate and as you say under better circumstances so we'll have a drink or two. I'll pm you with my mobile number nearer the date. I haven't been to a Soul night up at home for about 15 years so I'm really looking forward to this. Soulful Sounds all the way.

All the best

Manus

Alright Kev, it'll be great to see you mate and as you say under better circumstances so we'll have a drink or two. I'll pm you with my mobile number nearer the date. I haven't been to a Soul night up at home for about 15 years so I'm really looking forward to this. Soulful Sounds all the way.

All the best

Manus

I have your number .

Guest Neil Taylor

Don't know yet Neil but I'll get some banging 60's on for ya when I get my turn don't worry !
Top man,Detroit circa 66-69.........heart wrenchin` vocal`s,to a bangin` beat......lights my fire every time...brother.

Neil.

Guest bill storey

Come on less than a month to go, I looking forward to this, came once before with my wife un-well, got a bit of a bad seat couldn't here the tunes to well in the main room, what with Karen running hot and cold ended up going home early. Put the Mrs off a bit though I'm coming this time wife or not or maybe she can drive 'bonus'. However I am going to work away on the pylons again staying in my little caravan somewhere between Blackpool and Preston. Anyone who can tell me best best doo's around there for Northern would be much appreciated..

Thanks for all the info people, hope you didn't think I was having a pop because I wasn't, we loved the venue & people & the area come to think of it! Had a lovely romantic walk next morning in country ( hangover really so needed some fresh air but that don't sound as good) & we will be trying it again. Maybe my uneducated ear at the time thought it was R&B'ie but it's what my mate Karl calls gritty Northern & if it's whats played at Burnley (which we love) as Harry says then I must have been in 70's mode that night, cos the modern/? was excellent with Flanny etc. Thanks for the rundown on the lineup Joan. :)

Till next time, take care & be safe,

Spot. :lol:

Really looking forward to hearing what Kev Johnson play's, should be a good un :(

With myself Wally :unsure:

This is gonna be a cracking night (pity Gaz can't make it like).

See you at Joe's on Bank holiday.

gonna try and get up for this 2 support ya kev

looking 4ward to what your gonna play m8.

:(

Nice one Mick

It's gonna be an across the board night Mick (as always) - until Steve lets us have the little room back (ha ha).

Still after Ray Hines BTW

Looking forward to it

Kev

Kev

Will we need the back room for future events??, just thinking what can we use it for, if it's viable maybe we can, come up with some suggestions and I talj it over with Steve and Liana

Cheers

Paul Conroy

ps still cannot get a swap off nightshift as yet still hopeful

We want the Y2K room ! ... ha ha

Hope you can make it down Paul

Kev

Very Funny mate, if I can't get a swap what I could do is, say I need to speak to some one and they live at piercebridge, I could drive down in a works cars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't think that would work either,

1) the bosses would know I'm taking the piss

2) the place would empty rather fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Conroy

Kev

Very Funny mate, if I can't get a swap what I could do is, say I need to speak to some one and they live at piercebridge, I could drive down in a works cars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) the place would empty rather fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Conroy

Do it for laugh - you and about 20 of "those lads" you work with.

Ring me 5 minutes before your ETA though !

Kev

2) the place would empty rather fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey you wouldn,t have a problem with "what to wear "tho would ya Paul

Manus

Sorry we won't be able to meet up, I'm on nightshift, still trying to work on a swop but it looks unlikely, does Davey know your coming up?

Paul Conroy

Hello Paul

Just got back from a cycling holiday in Italy so I've haven't been on Soul Source for a few weeks. It's a shame you can't make it because it sounds like it's going to be a belter I hope you manage to get a swop. I spoke to Davey about 3 weeks ago but I think he might be in Greece at the moment, I'm going to try to get in touch with him tomorrow to let him know I'm coming up. Hope the Modern Soul nights at the Centurion are doing well.

All the best

Manus

Hello Paul

Just got back from a cycling holiday in Italy so I've haven't been on Soul Source for a few weeks. It's a shame you can't make it because it sounds like it's going to be a belter I hope you manage to get a swop. I spoke to Davey about 3 weeks ago but I think he might be in Greece at the moment, I'm going to try to get in touch with him tomorrow to let him know I'm coming up. Hope the Modern Soul nights at the Centurion are doing well.

All the best

Manus

Hey Manus, didn,t know you were from "BYKER"

Nice one Duncan - good to see the old brain cells havn't diminshed too much with age.

All the best

Manus

Of coarse Manus, did you know my brain was "RE-CYCLED"

Looking forward to a great night. I think Kev J was on about havin a pint or 2 with you on the way down. I,m sure he,s driving.

Regards,

Duncan

Guest jeffthevest

cant get there no car sad.gif

jock

:D Jock is that you??? long time no see :lol: must say you are looking well :rolleyes: have you asked Davey H? Hope to see you n Ang there

Karen xx

ohmy.gif Jock is that you??? long time no see :lol: must say you are looking well :rolleyes: have you asked Davey H? Hope to see you n Ang there

Karen xx

yes tiss me still alive & my usual self :D we are both fine 2 years since you last saw us 2 will ask him & see what he says (or it will be another Sat night in :lol: ) but trying very very hard to get to Easington on the 6th Oct as I NEED TO GET OUT. But i know H wont go there.

Jock

Nowt else on in the North East this night and a great chill out option after The Wilton on Friday night (get stuck in those big chairs in the lounge man !)

If we can't do it on this night , with this line up, we might as well throw the towell in and that would be a great shame for such a top venue.

Howay North East soul fans - we seem to be the minority at The George these days so come and show your united support on the 8th September.

TIP TOP QUALITY SOUL ALL NIGHT !

You'll all be sorry when it's gone coz it's deffo the best we got up here (well Chalky likes it - ha ha ! )

Saturday 8th September - The George , Piercebridge - The Happenin Place !!!!

Kev J

Nowt else on in the North East this night and a great chill out option after The Wilton on Friday night (get stuck in those big chairs in the lounge man !)

If we can't do it on this night , with this line up, we might as well throw the towell in and that would be a great shame for such a top venue.

Howay North East soul fans - we seem to be the minority at The George these days so come and show your united support on the 8th September.

TIP TOP QUALITY SOUL ALL NIGHT !

You'll all be sorry when it' gone coz it's deffo the best we got up here (well Chalky likes it - ha ha ! )

Saturday 8th September - The George , Piercebridge - The Happenin Place !!!!

Kev J

Bump ! - right in ya faces

2018 views - if we can 12 percent of that it would be a brilliant night indeed so divvent just look - get yerselves sorted out this weekend wi baby sitters / Saturday afternoon off and lets be havin yer aall

What a venue this is and in a perfect setting - no comedown at Piercebridge (coz you just don't sleep if I have owt to do with it !!!)

Don't dare miss it

2018 views - if we can 12 percent of that it would be a brilliant night indeed so divvent just look - get yerselves sorted out this weekend wi baby sitters / Saturday afternoon off and lets be havin yer aall

What a venue this is and in a perfect setting - no comedown at Piercebridge (coz you just don't sleep if I have owt to do with it !!!)

Don't dare miss it

Don't worry Kev, we're coming :(

If we can't get a babysitter then I'm coming on my own - but I'll tell Michael I'm visiting a sick relative or something :lol:

Really looking forward to having a good dance and a giggle or two with a few of the reprobates that seem to frequent The George - but most of all I'm looking forward to seeing Shep cry if he still hasn't got a copy of George Smallwood :huh:

Jeff

That's one small consolation I'll have for missing this night, you flashing your white bits, what an awful thought!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh: enough to put you off for life, got one thing to say

DON'T DO IT PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still can't get a swap so I hope you all have a great night

Paul Conroy

Don't worry Kev, we're coming :lol:

If we can't get a babysitter then I'm coming on my own - but I'll tell Michael I'm visiting a sick relative or something :)

Really looking forward to having a good dance and a giggle or two with a few of the reprobates that seem to frequent The George - but most of all I'm looking forward to seeing Shep cry if he still hasn't got a copy of George Smallwood :(

We're all sick on Piercebridge nights anyway. (but Shep might be the sickest though ... ha ha )

Lookin forward to it.

(bring Sy Hightower wit ya)

I've been kindly asked by Steve and Liana to assist with future events so!!!!!!!!

Not long now to the Ultimate North East Soul Event playing the very best in Northern and Modern Soul, if you've not been before you will be in for a treat in a class venue, the DJ line up speaks for itself, so we're in for a night of true Soul bliss

So were back on the 8th Sept !!!!!!!!!

Doors open 7.00p.m -----3.00a.m

£7.00 gets you in

Line up as follows-----

Northern room

ANDY DYSON

JUMPIN JOAN

BAZ ATKINSON (21st birthday?---does he think ill fall for that one .Looks at least 25)

DON THOMPSON

KEV CANE

KEV JOHNSON

DUNCAN MCALLISTER

STEVE WILSON

Modern room

TONY DAWBER

SEAN LIVESEY

MARK ARMSTRONG

EWAN RENTON

MARK DAWSON

LIANA

STRICTLY!!!!!no admission after 11.30 (turn up after then you just won,t get in no matter how much money i owe you)

Further info e-mail steve.77@ntlworld.com/or Paul Conroy on conroypylb@aol.com

Tel Steve /Liana on 07928 811913

Paul Conroy on 0191 4911124

Want to book a room?--contact The George --piercebridge on 01325 374576

LIANA, STEVE and PAUL

function submitPageForm() { document.pageNavForm.action = document.pageNavForm.action+document.pageNavForm.commentPage.value; document.pageNavForm.submit(); } function setSubmitPageForm(page) { document.pageNavForm.commentPage.value = page; submitPageForm(); }

Well Lads n lasses. Looks like were goin be in the northeast for this one. Missed the last one due to a family party ( inconsiderate or what ) Brother Festa n Jan are making the trip over from Carlisle to make the trip even more worthwhile ohmy.gif Be good to partake of some wonderful grub at the George washed down with pints of shandy beer.gif Then get spoilt by the selection of tunes that's going to assault my senses.

Steve

Well Lads n lasses. Looks like were goin be in the northeast for this one. Missed the last one due to a family party ( inconsiderate or what ) Brother Festa n Jan are making the trip over from Carlisle to make the trip even more worthwhile ohmy.gif Be good to partake of some wonderful grub at the George washed down with pints of shandy :g: Then get spoilt by the selection of tunes that's going to assault my senses.

Steve

Any chance of me getting any kip this time Steve---thought not!!!!!!

Source Advert