Piercebridge___soul Addiction ___sept 8th

Guest mark shepherd

Don't worry Kev, we're coming :lol:

If we can't get a babysitter then I'm coming on my own - but I'll tell Michael I'm visiting a sick relative or something :lol:

Really looking forward to having a good dance and a giggle or two with a few of the reprobates that seem to frequent The George - but most of all I'm looking forward to seeing Shep cry if he still hasn't got a copy of George Smallwood whistling.gif

still got the tears in my eyes but they may be dry in the not too distant future

thanks for your concern, which i know is genuine...... cool.gif

• Replies 150
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Alright Kev, it'll be great to see you mate and as you say under better circumstances so we'll have a drink or two. I'll pm you with my mobile number nearer the date. I haven't been to a Soul night up at home for about 15 years so I'm really looking forward to this. Soulful Sounds all the way.

All the best

Manus

What time you getting in on Friday Manus.

I'm gonna ring Sue Henderson and Mark to see if they fancy a trip up this weekend - that would be good crack.

STEVE

HAS THE GEORGE GOT A TV? ENGLAND GAME AND ALL THAT

Not sure Dukesy but you can use one of the rooms to watch it - you might not get back out mind !!

(not kidding either )

Kev J

Guest the dukester

Not sure Dukesy but you can use one of the rooms to watch it - you might not get back out mind !!

(not kidding either )

Kev J

???

JUST WANNA KEEP UP WITH THE SCORE..AND HIGHLIGHTS.

Loads of North East soulies on here tonight and I know you're looking at this thread coz you are all coming along on Saturday aren't you lads (Adam , Shep , Nev , Neil ) ???

See you in the comfy chairs !

Guest SAFC-SOULBOY

Nowt else on in the North East this night and a great chill out option after The Wilton on Friday night (get stuck in those big chairs in the lounge man !)

If we can't do it on this night , with this line up, we might as well throw the towell in and that would be a great shame for such a top venue.

Howay North East soul fans - we seem to be the minority at The George these days so come and show your united support on the 8th September.

TIP TOP QUALITY SOUL ALL NIGHT !

You'll all be sorry when it's gone coz it's deffo the best we got up here (well Chalky likes it - ha ha ! )

Saturday 8th September - The George , Piercebridge - The Happenin Place !!!!

Kev J

Well said Kev.... :ohmy:

Lets hope there's a canny turn out for this one... :D

the MODERN room looking strong for this one with Messurs Livesy,Dawber & Armstrong along side Mark,Liana & myself..

See you there folks :D

Below...A quick flashback from Prestatyn with the connoiseurs!!!

post-4012-1188849361_thumb.jpg

Edited by SAFC-SOULBOY

Well said Kev.... :ohmy:

Lets hope there's a canny turn out for this one... :D

the MODERN room looking strong for this one with Messurs Livesy,Dawber & Armstrong along side Mark,Liana & myself..

See you there folks :D

Below...A quick flashback from Prestatyn with the connoiseurs!!!

Its gonna be a belting turn out judging from the pms and phone calls Ewan (good photo by the way)

I'll be in the modern room from time to time to keep you lot on yer toes mind ... ha ha !

Not as good as this Piercebridge one though eh Kev... :D

post-1076-1188858662_thumb.jpg

Ha Ha !! (was just playin your CD yesterday with that the very same sleevenote !)

What time you getting up for mate ?

Hello Kev

Can't seem to PM you at the moment- some sort of technical problem? I'm gonna get up there sometime Friday afternoon but I'd better head over to Gateshead and see the family as I don't get up home too often these days. I'm going to get the train from Durham down to Darlington around 5 or 6pm on the Saturday so I should be ready for an early start so get those Detroit sounds polished up and ready to go. Looking forward to seeing you mate and all the old North East crew.

All the best

Manus

Guest Marcelle

Shhhhhhhhhhhh ................ dont tell chatterbox !!!! :thumbup:

Room booked ...... :P

keep the pathway to the dance floor CLEAR cos I will be in fine form OHHHHHHHHHHHHH cant wait 2 nights (Fri Wilton) of dance, fun & lots of frolicks (& no driving for ME :P ) awwwwwwwwww just what weekends are made for :thumbup:

now just got to persuade Karl H that yes he really really really does want to go ........

cos Kate does :g::thumbup::thumbup: xxx

Edited by Marcelle

Apologies for being a bit late with these but--as requested ---heres the timings for Sat

7.00--7.30 Steve Wilson

7.30--8.00 Don Thompson

8.00--9.00 Baz Atkinson

9.00--10.00 Duncan Mcallister

10.00--11.00 Kev Johnson

11.00 --12.00 Andy Dyson

12.00--1.00 Jumpin Joan

1.00--2.00 Kev Cane

2.00--2.30Don Thompson

2.30 --3.00 Steve Wilson

Really looking forward to sat after a bit of a summer break---should be a belter

Hope to see you all there

Steve

is light at the end of the tunnel?, There is a glimmer of hope that I might be able to make it Saturday I would hate to miss out on it, I'm owed a rest day I knew nothing about but won't be able to know until friday night, I'm expecting my supervison to have pity on this Soul of mine,

I'm practising the soppy dog eye's as we speak, not sure if that would work as it seems I've qualified for the Cumbrian Open Gurnning Championships and I'm Fav to win!!!!!!!!!!!!

would'nt care I had my teeth as well!!!

whatever the outcome is for me support this event and have a great time

Paul Conroy

Tyneside Soul Promotions

Modern room timings are

7.00---Liana

7.40---Ewan Renton

8.20--Mark Armstrong

9.00--Mark Dawson

9.40--Sean Livesey

10.20---Tony Dawber

11.00---Ewan Renton

11.40--Mark Armstrong

12.20--Mark Dawson

1.00--Sean Livesey

1.40--Tony Dawber

2.20---Liana

Good mix of all styles there ---should be something to suit everybody

If there isn,t DONT CRITICISE ANYONE UNTIL YOUVE WALKED A MILE IN THEIR SHOES

Then when you do criticise them you,ll be a mile away and you,ll have their shoes!!!!!!

see yall sat

Steve

Shhhhhhhhhhhh ................ dont tell chatterbox !!!! :lol:

Room booked ...... :D

keep the pathway to the dance floor CLEAR cos I will be in fine form OHHHHHHHHHHHHH cant wait 2 nights (Fri Wilton) of dance, fun & lots of frolicks (& no driving for ME :lol: ) awwwwwwwwww just what weekends are made for :lol:

now just got to persuade Karl H that yes he really really really does want to go ........

cos Kate does :lol::lol::no: xxx

Hey haven,t seen you for a while luv---it,ll be nice to sit down and have a really intellectual conversation with you---be nice but it,ll never happen will it :no::shhh::lol:

Guest stash313

Modern room timings are

7.00---Liana

7.40---Ewan Renton

8.20--Mark Armstrong

9.00--Mark Dawson

9.40--Sean Livesey

10.20---Tony Dawber

11.00---Ewan Renton

11.40--Mark Armstrong

12.20--Mark Dawson

1.00--Sean Livesey

1.40--Tony Dawber

2.20---Liana

Then when you do criticise them you,ll be a mile away and you,ll have their shoes!!!!!!

see yall sat

Steve

Sounds good to me Steve.

Really looking forward to it. Shall see you saturday.

Modern room timings are

7.00---Liana

7.40---Ewan Renton

8.20--Mark Armstrong

9.00--Mark Dawson

9.40--Sean Livesey

10.20---Tony Dawber

11.00---Ewan Renton

11.40--Mark Armstrong

12.20--Mark Dawson

1.00--Sean Livesey

1.40--Tony Dawber

2.20---Liana

see yall sat

Steve

Looks good to me - I will be in from time to time - and dancing as well !!!

Hello Kev

Can't seem to PM you at the moment- some sort of technical problem? I'm gonna get up there sometime Friday afternoon but I'd better head over to Gateshead and see the family as I don't get up home too often these days. I'm going to get the train from Durham down to Darlington around 5 or 6pm on the Saturday so I should be ready for an early start so get those Detroit sounds polished up and ready to go. Looking forward to seeing you mate and all the old North East crew.

All the best

Manus

See if we can sort you a lift out from Gateshead Manus - I'll call you mate.

Guest WeeLass Vonny

Ha Ha !! (was just playin your CD yesterday with that the very same sleevenote !)

What time you getting up for mate ?

Wehey Man was it a vindaloo then Kev? :lol: Top night!

Going to make this one Joan, so a few of your awesome up tempo tunies to keep me on the dancefloor will be fantastic, :ohmy:

Hope to get some accomodation sorted as have left to last minute-couldn't possibly share your quiet room again Joan & Tony after last time on your birthday, my ribs killed for days after K J reminiscin into the wee small hours about lumber jackets & my soggy butty haha.

Might need to turn to the fun loving landlady in the nearbye farm again- as long as she keeps her jodphurs & whip securely in her cupboard & refrains from tracing us down at venu like last time- determined to strut her stuff on the dance floor then suddenly chasing Shane all over the place with notion of jumping on his back & whipping him (& she did) :yes::) Mustang sally!

Roll On Saturday, be great to see faces from that neck of the woods!

Wehey Man was it a vindaloo then Kev? :lol: Top night!

Going to make this one Joan, so a few of your awesome up tempo tunies to keep me on the dancefloor will be fantastic, :ohmy:

Hope to get some accomodation sorted as have left to last minute-couldn't possibly share your quiet room again Joan & Tony after last time on your birthday, my ribs killed for days after K J reminiscin into the wee small hours about lumber jackets & my soggy butty haha.

Might need to turn to the fun loving landlady in the nearbye farm again- as long as she keeps her jodphurs & whip securely in her cupboard & refrains from tracing us down at venu like last time- determined to strut her stuff on the dance floor then suddenly chasing Shane all over the place with notion of jumping on his back & whipping him (& she did) :yes::) Mustang sally!

Roll On Saturday, be great to see faces from that neck of the woods!

Hoots Mon !!

Yvonne there were still rooms available at The George as of yesterday - give em a call.

I'll bring yer pies for ya !

Kev

Only one room left in The George as of yesterday but you can check again - might be lucky.

If not there are still the other local B&B's in the village or Travelodge at Scotch Corner Services.

Or just stay on the piss in someone's room till 7am !!

Guest topcatnumpty1

Kev,we might suprise you and do both nights as i,m due at my mother,s in Catterick Village on Saturday afternoon.You still haven,t told me what ZTSC is all about(sum sort of code?????)

C.U. on Friday night anywhere

Tony Coleby.

Only one room left in The George as of yesterday but you can check again - might be lucky.

If not there are still the other local B&B's in the village or Travelodge at Scotch Corner Services.

Or just stay on the piss in someone's room till 7am !!

Kev,we might suprise you and do both nights as i,m due at my mother,s in Catterick Village on Saturday afternoon.You still haven,t told me what ZTSC is all about(sum sort of code?????)

C.U. on Friday night anywhere

Tony Coleby.

/quote]

Get yersel up Tony - looks like it's going to be a good night.

That ZTSC thing - I'm sure it was you that told me in 1979 to buy anything with that "stamp" on it and sound advice it was indeed :thumbsup: (Zero Tolerance Soul Club !!)

Can you narrow that down a bit Marcelle ohmy.gif Chatterbox. That applies to everyone i know :shhh:

Be nice to see you Saturday :shhh: Been ages

Steve

I can narrow that down to one word Steve----LIANA !!!!!!!!!

Pmd you with my mobile no--gizza ring when you get there

Guest THE BRIGADIER

Shhhhhhhhhhhh ................ dont tell chatterbox !!!! :wicked:

Room booked ...... wink.gif

keep the pathway to the dance floor CLEAR cos I will be in fine form OHHHHHHHHHHHHH cant wait 2 nights (Fri Wilton) of dance, fun & lots of frolicks (& no driving for ME :yes: ) awwwwwwwwww just what weekends are made for thumbup.gif

cos Kate does wicked.gif:ohmy::lol: xxx

Orrr bugger, here comes trouble, save me some space Marcelle :)

HAD SO MANY CALLS ON THIS ETC,BRING THE PIES KEV WERE HAVING A PARTY !SEE YOU ALL TONIGHT.

BAZ A wink.gif

Got 12 from Tesco last night ( just in case Robbo comes up) ha ha !

Last night's Wilton zombies are en route to Piercebridge as we speak ......

.... Welcome to " The Village Of The Damned " wicked.gif

Be nice to see some of the old Cumby lot tonight mind.

Got 12 from Tesco last night ( just in case Robbo comes up) ha ha !

Last night's Wilton zombies are en route to Piercebridge as we speak ......

Be nice to see some of the old Cumby lot tonight mind.

I don't like pies - what you getting for me :wicked:

Hope to arrive for about 8 and then the merriment can commence, albiet a watered down version as its me driving back

See yooose all later thumbsup.gif

I don't like pies - what you getting for me unsure.gif

Hope to arrive for about 8 and then the merriment can commence, albiet a watered down version as its me driving back

See yooose all later thumbsup.gif

You're going nowhere dear - we can sort out some accomodation for a few hours kip

Don't forget to bring your crucifix and garlic with you for when you enter "The Village" ha ha

Sounds perfect for a daughter of darkness!! :wicked:

Got JJ Barnes 'Lonely No More' blaring out... cos the neighbours love it!

Well... I think that's what they're banging on the walls to tell me :ohmy:

Anyway... hope to be up earlier than usual... for the simple reason... WE CAN'T WAIT!! thumbup.gif

Sounds perfect for a daughter of darkness!! laugh.gif

Got JJ Barnes 'Lonely No More' blaring out... cos the neighbours love it!

Well... I think that's what they're banging on the walls to tell me :wicked:

Anyway... hope to be up earlier than usual... for the simple reason... WE CAN'T WAIT!! thumbup.gif

Better wait till sundown though Joan

20 degrees and people already in the garden at the back of The George having a cold beer and looking over the River Wear - Idyllic .

Get your babysitters sorted , phone in sick , send your lass to the pictures , or your lad to the pub or why don't you both get ready and come down to Piercebridge.

The night starts about now

Hope to see loads getting pissed when we get down later.

Cheers

Kev J

Guest stash313

Bloody hell Kev,

You on a laptop then?

Time to get ready watch the game and then set out up the epic journey of the m62/m1/a1 and on-wards to Piercebridge.

Come along and say hello if you're into your new stuff...